PDA

View Full Version : Boykin: 'I've heard nothing but great things"

polamalubeast
08-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Newly acquired Steelers cornerback Brandon Boykin is eager to get to work with his new team.

LATROBE, Pa. - Brandon Boykin wasn’t expecting to be traded, but nor was he complaining about his new NFL destination.

“My first NFL (preseason) game at Philadelphia was against (the Steelers) and I remember being in our stadium still seeing those (Terrible) towels waving around,” Boykin recalled today upon his arrival at St. Vincent College. “That’s a vivid memory in my mind.

“Just knowing that that fans base is big and what it means and just the reputation that surrounds it, I’m excited to be a part of it because I feel like we share the same mentality.”

Boykin, a former fourth-round pick of the Eagles in 2012, joined his new team looking ahead, not behind.

“I just talked to Coach (Mike) Tomlin and he just told me that he was excited for me to be here,” Boykin said. “Their expectations for me are to come in and just play. They got me because they know that I can make plays and they feel like I can help.

“That’s exactly what I’m going to do.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Boykin-Ive-heard-nothing-but-great-things/07a71aae-c5be-4c51-b18a-43c9c16248dc