PDA

View Full Version : McCullers seeks push and production

stillers4me
08-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Second-year defensive tackle Daniel McCullers had no problems being a disruptive force in the limited playing time he had in his 2014 rookie season. It was not an uncommon sight for McCullers to push an opposing center or guard deep into the backfield.

The problem was once he was in position to make a play, he never really did. McCullers played 82 snaps in his rookie season, but did not register a tackle.

“That’s the next step,” said McCullers, a 6-foot-7, 355-pounder who played mostly at nose tackle. “I got a lot of good push last year, but I didn’t make a lot of plays. My plan is to attack more, make a lot more plays.”

Under new defensive coordinator Keith Butler the Steelers are allowing their defensive linemen to be more aggressive and attack the line of scrimmage. In seasons past, the defensive linemen were asked to eat up blocks, which allowed the linebackers to make more plays.........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/07/31/McCullers-seeks-push-and-production/stories/201507310213