PDA

View Full Version : Brady will play week 1.

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 02:25 PM
With him officially taking this to federal court, it looks likely he will be playing vs. us come season opener. Not only that, but it is appearing likely he is gonna win this thing.

The NFL is being all over the place with this. It's pretty hard to make something stick when you are all over the place. First they said he had the balls deflated.

That wasn't even a known rule.

Then they said the punishment was for not being clean and cooperative. This is a mess. Brady is gonna win. The NFL screwed this up. They should have
never bothered with suspension to begin with. Now this will just give Brady and the Pats the "It's us against the world" mantra to fuel them all season.

polamalubeast
07-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm happy for you that you are very happy.

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 02:32 PM
:rolleyes:

polamalubeast
07-30-2015, 02:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/30/minnesota-court-hands-off-brady-case-to-new-york/

Rotorhead
07-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Not only will he play, but we will be so demoralized that we will lose every other game reeling from that loss - sarcasm alert! Why don't you go join a Pats board

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm happy for you that you are very happy.

What an odd statement. At what point did I express happiness? But, for the record, the Steeler players will be. They have expressed they desire to play the Pats with Brady playing. They want to face and, hopefully beat, the best. This whole thing will just light a fire under Brady and the whole team. Ben and crew better prepare to score 35 or more.

polamalubeast
07-30-2015, 02:52 PM
What an odd statement. At what point did I express happiness? But, for the record, the Steeler players will be. They have expressed they desire to play the Pats with Brady playing. They want to face and, hopefully beat, the best. This whole thing will just light a fire under Brady and the whole team. Ben and crew better prepare to score 35 or more.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

This is for you

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Not only will he play, but we will be so demoralized that we will lose every other game reeling from that loss - sarcasm alert! Why don't you go join a Pats board

Some Steeler fans disappoint me. All I did was acknowledge Brady will probably be playing week one, and some, operating on various skewed logic, take that as rooting for the Pats. At no point did I express anything that, in the context of logic, that should be viewed as rooting for the Pats. Nothing. How can you operate, day by day, with such a lack of logic and reason in your thought patterns?

Vis
07-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Some Steeler fans disappoint me. All I did was acknowledge Brady will probably be playing week one, and some, operating on various skewed logic, take that as rooting for the Pats. At no point did I express anything that, in the context of logic, that should be viewed as rooting for the Pats. Nothing. How can you operate, day by day, with such a lack of logic and reason in your thought patterns?

http://files.shandymedia.com/images/body/thefumble/mrjer.gif

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 03:07 PM
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

This is for you

OK, so, at the start of your day, you just accept that you won't think or behave in the context of logic and reason? And, in your book, the players of the Steelers much root for Brady, since they want him to play in the opener. That is far more of an endorsement than me merely asserting that he would likely be playing. They have flat out said they HOPE he does play. So send your link to all the Steeler players. They must be Pat fans. At least in your world of twisted and hacked logic.

polamalubeast
07-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Yes, Brady will be angry, but that does not mean that the pats will score 50 points per game

If you think that, you'll be disappointed....If the Steelers defense is better this year, they can beat the pats even in their house since the pats defense will not be good as last year...If our defense sucks like last year, this is a another story

The Steelers, like every other team must embrace the challenge

TD's & Beer
07-30-2015, 03:23 PM
No he won't!

BWAhahahahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLDNd6fVAAAu2gU.jpg

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Although I HATE quoting ESPN regarding anything...

Question: Will Brady succeed in court and stop the NFL from suspending him for four games?

Answer: No, Brady will not succeed. Although he enjoys top-of-the-line legal representation and his lawyers will file a brilliantly written lawsuit, his effort to stop the suspension is doomed. There are two reasons why: First, federal judges are reluctant to reconsider the rulings of arbitrators; second, Goodell produced a decision on Brady that is brilliantly reasoned, meticulously detailed, and well-written. Goodell's recitation of the evidence of the tampering with game balls is powerful, and his description of Brady's attempt at a cover-up is persuasive.

More: Brady, NFLPA likely to come up short in federal court challenge (http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13332578/undefined)

Destroying the phone was the nail in the coffin, IMO.

Steelman
07-30-2015, 03:35 PM

Question: Will Brady succeed in court and stop the NFL from suspending him for four games?

Answer: No, Brady will not succeed. Although he enjoys top-of-the-line legal representation and his lawyers will file a brilliantly written lawsuit, his effort to stop the suspension is doomed. There are two reasons why: First, federal judges are reluctant to reconsider the rulings of arbitrators; second, Goodell produced a decision on Brady that is brilliantly reasoned, meticulously detailed, and well-written. Goodell's recitation of the evidence of the tampering with game balls is powerful, and his description of Brady's attempt at a cover-up is persuasive.

More: Brady, NFLPA likely to come up short in federal court challenge (http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13332578/undefined)

This. The NFL has one hell of a legal team and I guarantee, especially in light of many recent failures, that Roger would not even sniff imposing his will on Brady and the Kraft's Patsies (let's not forget who we're talking about here, THE golden stars, THE apple of Roger's eye) unless he and his legal team and his new PR team were absolutely sure that it wouldn't backfire. For that reason, I find it unlikely that they lose in court. Also, the reports I've read recently have these court proceedings being rushed to get a ruling before the season starts. If that happens I don't think an injunction would matter.

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
No he won't!

BWAhahahahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLDNd6fVAAAu2gU.jpg

Show me where, in the NFL rules, does it say you are not allowed to destroy your own phone. Does the NFL think it's God, and can just make up shit as it goes? There is a thing called "due process" and they ain't following any. The Steelers have come out and said they want to face Brady. That is what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me where:

1.) Destroying your own phone is illegal.
2.) Is against any NFL rules.

They have NOTHING on Brady for this. Shit, Hilary Clinton destroyed an entire server while being a high level federal employee, and nothing happened. This is peanuts compared to that.

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 04:07 PM
http://theologyofmarktbarclay.com/wp-content/uploads/semantics.png

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 04:09 PM
The league didn't have shit on Roethlisberger either, and that was for an off-field "offense." Just saying.

It's called "probable cause." It ain't a murder trial and involves a private employer and one of its employees. And probable cause is enough.

Craic
07-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Show me where, in the NFL rules, does it say you are not allowed to destroy your own phone. Does the NFL think it's God, and can just make up shit as it goes? There is a thing called "due process" and they ain't following any. The Steelers have come out and said they want to face Brady. That is what they want.

Show me where:

They have NOTHING on Brady for this. Shit, Hilary Clinton destroyed an entire server while being a high level federal employee, and nothing happened. This is peanuts compared to that.

It's amazing how many people are making this same logic mistake.

Syllogism 1.

Premise 1. The threshold is not "proof" but "balance of evidence." (That was set a few years ago, and the CBA has not changed it).

Premise 2. They asked for the cell phone because the balance of evidence pointed to Brady being guilty of some kind of interaction with the ball-handlers.

Conclusion: keeping the cell phone away from the league kept the "balance of evidence" pointing at Brady being guilty.

Syllogism 2

Premise 1. "balance of evidence" pointing at Brady being guilty (after cell phone not turned over).

Premise 2. Said cell phone was later reported to be destroyed after it was asked for.

Conclusion: Brady's actions, after knowing the phone was requested, makes him look even more guilty.

That's it. There's no "illegal" or "against the rules" here. It was the course of events piling up making a man who swore his innocence, look anything but innocent. When someone asks you for something, and instead, you destroy it, the simplest conclusion to draw is "There was something on it that he didn't want you to see."

There's also no such thing as due process. Not in this situation, because it's not a legal issue. Now that it's hit the courts, the legal issue isn't whether Brady should have turned over the phone, it's whether Goodell followed internal rules and made a decision derived from those rules without violating union agreements. On both accounts, the answer is YES. Furthermore, he justified the four games by identifying Brady's actions with PEDs (both having a non-standard effect on the game—my words, not his). The CBA dictates first time PED violation is a 4 game suspension. And, for all the reasons listed in the last two paragraphs, this has NOTHING to do Hillary Clinton, not even remotely similar.
-

MODS. ......................

OH . . .

and since these thread titles are picked up outside of SU, shouldn't the title be changed? There's absolutely no proof that Brady will be in Game 1, but it sure does make it sound that way.

dislocatedday
07-30-2015, 04:26 PM
TeeTee is right in his posts.

Legally speaking, I think Brady and the NFLPA have legitimate points. The terms used in the Wells Report were "more probable than not" that Brady was "generally aware" of the game balls being under-inflated. I don't know how you convict/suspend someone on those grounds. Also, Brady was correct in saying the NFL had no business looking at his personal phone. Legally, he can tell them to go pound sand on this request.

If this was an actual court case no way he would be convicted. However, this is an internal NFL matter and it seems as if the NFL can do as it pleases when it comes to handing out suspensions, fines, and other penalties.

Personally speaking, I think it is clear that Brady is guilty and was involved in having the equipment guys release air pressure from the game balls. There is no way everything that is in the Wells Report, and the destruction of his personal phone, are all just coincidences. However, just because I and many others think he cheated, that doesn't mean the NFLPA is going to see it that way and leave this suspension alone.

Mojouw
07-30-2015, 04:28 PM
The NFL will move heaven and earth to win this case for reasons FAR beyond Brady and "Deflategate". If (now that is a big if), Brady were to win and have the suspension over-turned it would have catastrophic legal ramifications for the NFL.

The Federal court is basically ruling on whether or not the process of Brady's investigation and then punishment was a fair and valid labor practice between an employer and one of its unionized employees. Remember, the court is not really being asked to decide if Brady is or is not guilty of deflating footballs or whatever; they are going to be ruling on the process that occurred between the NFL and a member of the NFLPA. If the court were to rule that the NFL did not act fairly and throws out the Brady suspension -- they will have basically overturned ALL NFL discipline procedures. IF that happens, the NFL is screwed.

Greg Hardy, Josh Gordon, Ray Rice, the list goes on and on will all be able to take the NFL to court and likely win.

steelreserve
07-30-2015, 04:29 PM

Show me where:

Please do not confuse the rules of criminal court proceedings with the disciplinary process for on-field cheating in sports. It's a mistake people make because the league has stupidly gotten itself into the habit of handing out discipline for non-football crimes.

What Brady did with the phone doesn't have to be illegal or against a specific NFL rule. They were investigating him for cheating and he wasn't cooperating with the discipline process; that's all they have to say. At that point it's their own business and a court is not even going to get into it. It does NOT have to stand up to federal standards of evidence, constitutional law, innocent until proven guilty, or any of that type of thing. It is a guy cheating in a football game, the rules of the American legal system do not apply.

The league does not have to prove to the court that Brady cheated. A judge will probably not even listen to arguments on that. The ONLY reason the courts would intervene is if there is such an outlandish breach of protocol that it violated the labor agreement with the NFLPA. And the league bent over backwards to ensure that every "i" was dotted and every "t" was crossed on that front, because they knew Brady was a slimy little shit who will try anything to weasel out of it, including throwing a tantrum and threatening to run off to court. The court case is going nowhere, and it is not about convincing a judge that Brady cheated. Sorry, Pats fans, your guy isn't playing. And it would be great if the court ruled that he had to pay back the league's legal fees out of his own pocket, too - because I am sure there is language in the labor agreement that says you agree all league decisions on discipline are final and cannot be challenged in court. So if he does it anyway, it should be on his own dime.

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 04:31 PM
If this was an actual court case no way he would be convicted. However, this is an internal NFL matter and it seems as if the NFL can do as it pleases when it comes to handing out suspensions, fines, and other penalties.

Bingo, as with any other private employer. Living in an at-will state, I could get canned tomorrow for literally any reason and there's not much I could legally do about it. Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is.

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 04:44 PM
and since these thread titles are picked up outside of SU, shouldn't the title be changed? There's absolutely no proof that Brady will be in Game 1, but it sure does make it sound that way.

Already wiped it off our Facebook and Twitter pages...

stillers4me
07-30-2015, 04:46 PM
It's all about the vague wording in the CBA. Which of course, every other team but the Pittsburgh Steelers signed up for.

salamander
07-30-2015, 05:11 PM
It's all about the vague wording in the CBA. Which of course, every other team but the Pittsburgh Steelers signed up for.

So therefore, that in turn gives us (as Steelers fans) the full right to bitch and moan at everything the NFL does or doesn't do. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2015, 05:13 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Show me where:

what's next. is ray lewis innocent

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 05:29 PM
TeeTee is right in his posts.

Legally speaking, I think Brady and the NFLPA have legitimate points. The terms used in the Wells Report were "more probable than not" that Brady was "generally aware" of the game balls being under-inflated. I don't know how you convict/suspend someone on those grounds. Also, Brady was correct in saying the NFL had no business looking at his personal phone. Legally, he can tell them to go pound sand on this request.

Actually, not really. They have had several suspensions reduced or eliminated by outside courthouses. Also, how many of us would hand over our personnel cell phones to an entity that is clearly hostile? Would you? I wouldn't. That would be stupid and insane. Who knows what was in there? Probably nuddies of his hot ass wife.

http://blog.gevir.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Gisele-Bundchen_Vogue-Paris_November-2013_07.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

what's next. is ray lewis innocent

Of what. He was never found guilty of anything but obstruction.

tube517
07-30-2015, 06:18 PM
It's amazing how many people are making this same logic mistake.

Syllogism 1.

Premise 1. The threshold is not "proof" but "balance of evidence." (That was set a few years ago, and the CBA has not changed it).

Premise 2. They asked for the cell phone because the balance of evidence pointed to Brady being guilty of some kind of interaction with the ball-handlers.

Conclusion: keeping the cell phone away from the league kept the "balance of evidence" pointing at Brady being guilty.

Syllogism 2

Premise 1. "balance of evidence" pointing at Brady being guilty (after cell phone not turned over).

Premise 2. Said cell phone was later reported to be destroyed after it was asked for.

Conclusion: Brady's actions, after knowing the phone was requested, makes him look even more guilty.

That's it. There's no "illegal" or "against the rules" here. It was the course of events piling up making a man who swore his innocence, look anything but innocent. When someone asks you for something, and instead, you destroy it, the simplest conclusion to draw is "There was something on it that he didn't want you to see."

There's also no such thing as due process. Not in this situation, because it's not a legal issue. Now that it's hit the courts, the legal issue isn't whether Brady should have turned over the phone, it's whether Goodell followed internal rules and made a decision derived from those rules without violating union agreements. On both accounts, the answer is YES. Furthermore, he justified the four games by identifying Brady's actions with PEDs (both having a non-standard effect on the game—my words, not his). The CBA dictates first time PED violation is a 4 game suspension. And, for all the reasons listed in the last two paragraphs, this has NOTHING to do Hillary Clinton, not even remotely similar.
-

MODS. ......................

OH . . .

http://giancinephile.typepad.com/.a/6a0133f4ebe468970b014e610eea1f970c-500wi = http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Dr_J.jpg

fansince'76
07-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Of what. He was never found guilty of anything but obstruction.

No, he pleaded down to an obstruction rap in exchange for ratting out a couple of his homies...

TD's & Beer
07-30-2015, 07:23 PM
1. Show me where, in the NFL rules, does it say you are not allowed to destroy your own phone.

2. Does the NFL think it's God

1. Get real...."Deny deny deny"...... only works so long....cheaters!

2. Hell ya!...........suck it Pats lovers...bow down to Lord Goodell

Feel the pain

Craic
07-30-2015, 07:42 PM
http://giancinephile.typepad.com/.a/6a0133f4ebe468970b014e610eea1f970c-500wi = http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Dr_J.jpg

:chuckle:

(Actually, it's pretty bad logical arguments for a syllogism, but at least my point's made).

86WARD
07-30-2015, 08:04 PM
The way the CBA is worded, the NFL doesn't have to have solid evidence to prove Brady "guilty." The CBA also states that players must cooperate with investigations, At no time did the NFL ask Brady to turn over his phone with the 10,000 text messages and his personal information, they just asked to see the details on the texts that pertained to the investigation. Something that Brady being an NFL player, he is required to do by wording of the CBA.

Steelerschik
07-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Good God did he really just ask who the NFL thinks they are? I don't know who they think they are, but I do know they're bigger than Brady. And as much as I can't stand Goodell, I have a new found fondness for him for TRYING to do the right thing. And from what I understand he wasn't asked to hand his phone over, but provide texts and then BAM....phone destroyed. This team/organization/QB feel they're above the rules and law. There's always controversy associated with them and it always involves some sort of "cheating" or breaking a rule. Time to stop that shit. Brady is the most smug, arrogant, entitled, whiny little bitch in the league and I hope to God he serves his punishment like a real man would. Oh that's right, gotta be a real man first. So much for that.

Butch
07-30-2015, 08:51 PM
The way the CBA is worded, the NFL doesn't have to have solid evidence to prove Brady "guilty." The CBA also states that players must cooperate with investigations, At no time did the NFL ask Brady to turn over his phone with the 10,000 text messages and his personal information, they just asked to see the details on the texts that pertained to the investigation. Something that Brady being an NFL player, he is required to do by wording of the CBA.

The only thing I would add to this is that if you were innocent you would be more than happy to oblige in order to prove your innocence. If you are guilty...well then I guess you would do anything to keep it out of the investigators hands...maybe like destroying it.

I could give a rats ass if he wins or loses as either way is a win in my books. If he loses he is out 4 games and if not it opens up the courts to see more of these types of lawsuits and thus undermines the power of the commish. While rog has taken a step in the right direction he still has a ways to go. Remember belicheat is yet to be punished for his team's actions.

Rotorhead
07-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Actually TeeTee, pretty much every post I have read of your just pisses on this team, how all our players suck, etc. So it seems to me that you are one of those "fans" on here that is not really a Steelers fan.

TeeTee
07-31-2015, 01:44 PM
Actually TeeTee, pretty much every post I have read of your just pisses on this team, how all our players suck, etc. So it seems to me that you are one of those "fans" on here that is not really a Steelers fan.

Go torque a boobzambi. Shove a tampalini.

Count Steeler
07-31-2015, 02:05 PM
Let's dial it back please.

zulater
07-31-2015, 02:17 PM

I don't read or post here as much as I used to, but I don't get that with Tee. I even understand his point to some degree.

I think labor law being what it is courts are usually wont to overturn an arbitrated hearing. So I think the suspension stands. But these days who knows? Some of these judges make it up as they go along ( similar to Goodell :lol:) So Tee could prove right in the end on this.

Honestly there is gray area here. While I'm absolutely sure Brady is a lying, cheating p.o.s. I'm not sure the league really has as tight as case as you'd want. But hey they had no case against Ben and gave him 6 games, so I really don't think Brady has a winning case.

TD's & Beer
07-31-2015, 02:53 PM
Good news. We'll know before the season starts

NFL, union ask U.S. judge to decide on Brady suspension by Sept. 4

Tom Brady’s attorneys have filed a motion asking the court to rule on the player’s four-game DeflateGate suspension before the start of the season, the Boston Globe reports. The NFL has agreed, according to NFL Players Association attorney Jeffrey Kessler, and now it’s just up to a Southern District Court of New York to approve the motion.

By Aug. 7, each side would be required to file the motions regarding whether to uphold or overturn Brady’s four-game suspension.
By Aug. 14, each side would have to file their responses to the other’s argument.
Then the sides would work together to set a date to present their oral arguments before the judge that would allow a final decision on the matter to be made by Sept. 4.

http://news.yahoo.com/nfl-union-ask-u-judge-decide-brady-suspension-183841039--nfl.html​​​

TeeTee
07-31-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't read or post here as much as I used to, but I don't get that with Tee. I even understand his point to some degree.

I think labor law being what it is courts are usually wont to overturn an arbitrated hearing. So I think the suspension stands. But these days who knows? Some of these judges make it up as they go along ( similar to Goodell :lol:) So Tee could prove right in the end on this.

Honestly there is gray area here. While I'm absolutely sure Brady is a lying, cheating p.o.s. I'm not sure the league really has as tight as case as you'd want. But hey they had no case against Ben and gave him 6 games, so I really don't think Brady has a winning case.

Even the owners are sick of this and the commish's overbearing ways.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535987-insider-buzz-owners-want-to-reduce-goodells-power-after-deflategate-debacle?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

steelreserve
07-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Even the owners are sick of this and the commish's overbearing ways.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535987-insider-buzz-owners-want-to-reduce-goodells-power-after-deflategate-debacle?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

I'm as sick of it as anyone, but this is the one time where he finally got it right and was not overbearing.

Getting the league into discipline for common street crimes has been a debacle. The knee-jerk rule changes for "player safety" have been a debacle. Spygate was a debacle. Bountygate was a debacle. The Adrian Peterson case was a debacle. The Brady case is the opposite of a debacle; it was punishing a guy who attempted to mess with the game, and then Brady and the New England sports media throwing a shitfit.

Now, should things even BE at the point where a player can throw a whining shitfit and make threats like Brady did, and actually succeed in putting the league on the defensive? No, they shouldn't. The blame for that is squarely on Goodell for setting it up through years of incompetence. Now any player who doesn't like his penalty feels like he can go running off to court at the drop of a hat. He's made a complete joke of himself and the disciplinary process. Until he is forced out, it will stay that way.

Yet somehow, he got this one correct. Maybe it's because even a broken clock is right twice a day, but in this case everything lined up and it came out the right way. They need to toss the bum out, but not over Deflategate.

TeeTee
07-31-2015, 03:40 PM

Really? How man Steeler games have you attended? How many play off games. How long have you been a Steelers fan? Have you attended a Steeler Super Bowl? Have you ever had season tickets? Have you attended any Steelers' road games? Do tell, since you are such a super fan and all. Don't run away and hide. Don't lie. Be real for once in your life.

steelreserve
07-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Really? How man Steeler games have you attended? How many play off games. How long have you been a Steelers fan? Have you attended a Steeler Super Bowl? Have you ever had season tickets? Have you attended any Steelers' road games? Do tell, since you are such a super fan and all. Don't run away and hide. Don't lie. Be real for once in your life.

Don't play into his hands. The guy is just looking for a reaction. I don't think anyone here has an actual problem with you, and whether I personally agree with you on this particular subject or not, you've always got some interesting stuff to say.

TeeTee
07-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Don't play into his hands. The guy is just looking for a reaction. I don't think anyone here has an actual problem with you, and whether I personally agree with you on this particular subject or not, you've always got some interesting stuff to say.

Gee whiz, who slammed who first? Oh, you conveniently didn't notice that. Gotcha. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm as sick of it as anyone, but this is the one time where he finally got it right and was not overbearing.

Getting the league into discipline for common street crimes has been a debacle. The knee-jerk rule changes for "player safety" have been a debacle. Spygate was a debacle. Bountygate was a debacle. The Adrian Peterson case was a debacle. The Brady case is the opposite of a debacle; it was punishing a guy who attempted to mess with the game, and then Brady and the New England sports media throwing a shitfit.

Now, should things even BE at the point where a player can throw a whining shitfit and make threats like Brady did, and actually succeed in putting the league on the defensive? No, they shouldn't. The blame for that is squarely on Goodell for setting it up through years of incompetence. Now any player who doesn't like his penalty feels like he can go running off to court at the drop of a hat. He's made a complete joke of himself and the disciplinary process. Until he is forced out, it will stay that way.

Yet somehow, he got this one correct. Maybe it's because even a broken clock is right twice a day, but in this case everything lined up and it came out the right way. They need to toss the bum out, but not over Deflategate.

A 4-game suspension for letting a little air out of a ball, Atlanta cheated for years with fake, artificially-pumped in noise (that actually really could impact a game, where as a little less air pressure does not) and they lost what, a 5th-round draft pick? But you say they got this one right? Goodell is drunk with power. There is a reason no one man should hold all the power. That is how corruption and abuse begins, and even the NFL owners are seeming to feel that way at this point.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535987-insider-buzz-owners-want-to-reduce-goodells-power-after-deflategate-debacle?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl)

polamalubeast
07-31-2015, 04:57 PM
I predict that his suspension will be 2 games

Rotorhead
07-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Well, show me where I claimed to be a superfan? And if you read what I wrote, I stated everything I HAVE READ from you has come off that way, I haven't been on this board that long. I came to this board from Steelersfever when it went down. I have been to enough games and have been a fan long enough. The Steeler's are the first, and only football team I have been a fan of. I honestly don't care if I am a fan enough in your eyes. I follow the team, watch all the games and have my opinions. If I have misjudged you in my short time here, sorry. Time will tell.

SteelerFanInStl
07-31-2015, 05:19 PM
A 4-game suspension for letting a little air out of a ball, Atlanta cheated for years with fake, artificially-pumped in noise (that actually really could impact a game, where as a little less air pressure does not) and they lost what, a 5th-round draft pick? But you say they got this one right? Goodell is drunk with power. There is a reason no one man should hold all the power. That is how corruption and abuse begins, and even the NFL owners are seeming to feel that way at this point.

Sorry TeeTee, nothing against you but those statements sound exactly like a Patriots fan. It's been said here many times that Brady is getting punished for not cooperating with the NFL probably as much as for the initial act. If he would have cooperated from the beginning instead of being defiant and thumbing his nose at them, he wouldn't have gotten a 4 game suspension. I'm guessing 2 games at most.

Letting a little air out of the ball can also very easily impact the game. It allows a QB with small hands like Brady to grip it better. It also allows everyone who carries it to hold on to it better. The amazing lack of fumbles by the Patriots players has been well documented and isn't something that can be ignored.

I hate Goodell with a passion but I also believe that he got this one correct. He absolutely has too much power but every team except for the Steelers approved of the CBA that gave him that power.

I don't know which owners that Bleacher Report article is talking about but a lot of the owners were outspoken about Goodell needing to keep the 4 game suspension. After all of the other debacles that Goodell has created, why would they talk about reducing his power now? I'm sick and tired of nothing getting done in the NFL until the Patriots are affected by it.

Steeldude
07-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Yes, Brady will be angry, but that does not mean that the pats will score 50 points per game

If you think that, you'll be disappointed....If the Steelers defense is better this year, they can beat the pats even in their house since the pats defense will not be good as last year...If our defense sucks like last year, this is a another story

The Steelers, like every other team must embrace the challenge

It remains to be seen of the Steelers' defense will be better this season. There are question marks in the secondary, OLB and the D-line.

I personally want Brady to play. I don't want any excuses.

steelreserve
07-31-2015, 06:16 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535987-insider-buzz-owners-want-to-reduce-goodells-power-after-deflategate-debacle?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl)

I'm pretty certain Brady has been cheating for years. Since 2006 to be exact, when he lobbied the league to allow each team to provide its own game balls. He finally got caught 10 years later. I'd say 4 games is relatively minor for that.

Only in the deepest corners of the Dildiverse where Patriots fans reside, could anyone justify him walking away scot-free from this. Goodell is certainly drunk with power; Goodell ought to be out on his ass and should have been years ago, and I hate every ham-handed, button-mashing decision the idiot has made for the better part of a decade. But this case is not the reason he needs to go. Just wait another month; he'll fuck something else up royally by then.

Steeldude
07-31-2015, 06:18 PM
On a different note, not specific to any one person....

Why doesn't everyone layoff TeeTee? If you don't like his comments then why read them or reply to them? I like to see different opinions and views. How boring would this site be if everyone agreed with each other?

I remember a day when I was repeatedly called an anti-Steelers' fan because I did not want Kordell as the QB. I don't see anything wrong with TeeTee's comment.

polamalubeast
07-31-2015, 06:21 PM
For me, I have no problem with TeeTee.

86WARD
07-31-2015, 07:17 PM
KRAMER (from bathroom): Hey, is that T-bone?!

JERRY: No! There's no T-bone!

KRAMER: Well, why no T-bone?!

JERRY: Why no T-bone?

GEORGE: 'Cause Neil Watkins from accounting is T-bone!

I like TeeTee. I don't agree that you have to spend a shit ton of money to be a super fan, but I like TeeTee.

teegre
08-01-2015, 06:49 AM
If I may interject...

I have attended every single Steelers game (home, away, playoffs, SuperBowls) since 1974. I always sit in the owner's box, because it's the best view... and, it allows my entourage of Swedish bikini models to enjoy the game, without getting cold (they attend while wearing only their bikinis... obviously).

After each game, I get to pass the "game ball" out to each player. I do not get to choose who gets it, but I do get to hand it out. I generally take that player out for dinner (filet & lobster).

Not it that it's important, but I'm 6'5" 225lbs. with only 6% body fat. I have modeled for GQ and Esquire, but I donate those proceeds to charity (I have billions from creating various iPhone apps). Oh... and, as far as endowment goes: John Holmes is jealous of me.

Lastly, my tears cure cancer. Alas, I never cry.

stillers4me
08-01-2015, 07:13 AM
If I may interject...

I have attended every single Steelers game (home, away, playoffs, SuperBowls) since 1974. I always sit in the owner's box, because it's the best view... and, it allows my entourage of Swedish bikini models to enjoy the game, without getting cold (they attend while wearing only their bikinis... obviously).

After each game, I get to pass the "game ball" out to each player. I do not get to choose who gets it, but I do get to hand it out. I generally take that player out for dinner (filet & lobster).

Not it that it's important, but I'm 6'5" 225lbs. with only 6% body fat. I have modeled for GQ and Esquire, but I donate those proceeds to charity (I have billions from creating various iPhone apps). Oh... and, as far as endowment goes: John Holmes is jealous of me.

If it's on the internet, it's true.

Count Steeler
08-01-2015, 08:30 AM
If I may interject...

Stay thirsty my friend, stay thirsty.

Bluecoat96
08-01-2015, 09:10 AM
If I may interject...

You sir win the Internet today.

LLT
08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Some Steeler fans disappoint me. All I did was acknowledge Brady will probably be playing week one

No...you SURMISE he will be playing. To acknowledge is to agree with some KNOWN variable.

Approach it from that angle and you wouldn't get the negativity you are receiving. Always a good practice to recognize what is fact and that which is assumption.

fansince'76
08-01-2015, 11:51 AM
The hilarity continues...

You want action? Kraft has a PLAN

Roger Goodell has finally done it; he has overseen an investigative process which is nothing less than a vendetta against a team which believes first, foremost and always in integrity.

In reading http://wellsreportcontext.com/, it is crystal clear that the Patriots both individually and corporately could hardly have been more cooperative and dedicated to fairness and full disclosure. On the other hand, the NFL office and their lackey, Wells and team, reek of partiality, moving the goalposts, obscuring truth, leaking lies, refusing to investigate, breaking their own investigative rules and smearing anyone they wanted (apparently) without any thought that they could be held accountable for their actions.

I believe Robert Kraft has said that this must stop and must stop now.

The first step was the press conference on Wednesday where Kraft said, "I was wrong to put my faith in the league".

The second step is the updating of the Wells Report Context website with this email exchange.

I believe the third step will be the action (not just words) that many on this site are screaming far. No, not a lawsuit. But a call to the other NFL owners for a truly fair and impartial investigation into the League office and how they conduct their business that will be made at the August 11th owner's meeting. An investigation that was promised by Roger Goodell but that never happened.

You can't follow this website and this story without realizing how fundamentally unfairly the NFL office has treated the Patriots.
- from not sharing the allegations the day before the game with the Patriots to insure a fair game
- to Mike Kensil telling a Patriots' employee, "you're in big f---ing trouble" at halftime
- to the leaking of totally false information 3 days after the game
- to refusing to correct this false information despite DEMANDS of the Patriots that this be done
- to abusing the investigative process ground rules that were agreed upon to
- to refusing to investigate the League office despite this being a mandate of their mission
- to hiring Exponent, a firm known first and foremost for its willingness to bend any and all facts to fit the whims of their client
- to producing a report that is the most slanted report I've ever read in my life (by far)
- to creating new grounds to find someone guilty (generally aware???)
- to piling assumption upon assumption to reach a conclusion that it was "more probable than not" that balls were deflated by what is ultimately a tiny amount
- to accusing the Patriots of not cooperating when the Patriot organization went well above and beyond any reasonable definition of cooperation and only objected on one point when the Wells team refused to follow their own ground rules of behavior
- to accusing Tom Brady of not cooperating when he also went well above and beyond any reasonable definition of cooperation and only objected to handing over his cell phone (on the advice of lawyers) - and even would have done that had the investigators even hinted that he might be punished for not sharing his cell phone
- to Roger Goodell not handing down the penalty in violation of the CBA
- to Roger Goodell ruling in his own favor without a hearing that he did hand down the penalty
- to Roger Goodell ruling in his own favor without a hearing that he was fit to be the arbitrator
- to telling the NFLPA that they would only have 4 hours to present their appeal defense - and then publicly denying this
- to refusing to share any information about the investigation due to lawyer-client privilege
- to refusing to allow the NFLPA to call relevant witnesses (including the co-lead of the investigation!) in their defense at the appeal
- to using the "destruction" of the phone as a basis for upholding the appeal - something that is not even allowed to be considered in the appeal since it wasn't part of the evidence going into the appeal
- to smearing Tom Brady with the appeal decision headlines that he destroyed his phone knowing full well that they had been given ALL of the relevant data (and more) and had all of the relevant data when the Wells Report was first written

Of course there is more that could be added. But the point is clear - there is a cancer in the NFL offices. We recognize that that cancer starts first and foremost with Roger Goodell as he has personally overseen the process and made many of the fundamentally unfair decisions regarding the process.

This is no longer about deflating footballs. This is about having a fair and impartial process. Bob Kraft put his faith in the League office - and for quite a while, I did too. I actually had confidence as Bob Kraft did that a fair and impartial investigation would be conducted and that the Patriots would be exonerated. We couldn't have been more wrong.

Fair and impartial process. This is where the name Patriots came from. Our forefathers cringed at the unfair process (no taxation without representation) imposed by the mighty British Empire. This is why a revolution was started 240 years ago. And this is why I believe Bob Kraft has started down the path of a revolution in these past few days.

- An investigation into the NFL office MUST be conducted.
- It MUST be fair and impartial.
- When that investigation is done, the (high-level) results MUST be shared with the public.
- Those responsible for creating and enforcing processes that arbitrarily and unfairly punish teams and individuals MUST be held accountable.
- The NFL MUST apologize for any improper actions in the past.

Good luck, Robert Kraft. The hopes of Patriots nation and football fans everywhere are with you.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/you-want-action-kraft-has-a-plan.1121816/

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

fansince'76
08-01-2015, 12:01 PM
If (more like when) the court declines to touch this, will they be "jealous haters" too? :lol:

As steelreserve so eloquently pointed out, after having his nose bloodied and being embarrassed in federal court very recently by the Peterson and Rice cases (and damn near losing his job over the Rice fiasco in particular), Goodell made sure his ducks were in a row this time around. He really couldn't afford to dick this one up.

hawaiiansteeler
08-01-2015, 12:59 PM

Al Gore and I invented the internet...

tube517
08-01-2015, 01:32 PM

http://www.newsgroper.com/files/post_images/AlGoreTipperKiss3.jpg

TD's & Beer
08-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm 6'5" 225lbs. with only 6% body fat. I have modeled for GQ and Esquire...and, as far as endowment goes: John Holmes is jealous of me.

ha ha

Door #1

http://www.johnsamford.com/storage/computer_geek-13818.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1362633968660

Door #2

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ChunkyMonkey_03/morman2.jpg

or Door #3

http://english-homepage.wikispaces.com/file/view/nerd1.jpg/46698665/nerd1.jpg

TeeTee
08-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Sorry TeeTee, nothing against you but those statements sound exactly like a Patriots fan.

In your opinion. In mine, my comments sound like they are coming from a rational person who doesn't operate in bias just because the team in question wins so much and the QB in question has won as many Super Bowls as anyone in the history of the NFL. You say Brady isn't cooperating? How about Goodell and how he handled the Ray Rice tapes? There are so many things that were more egregious than anything Brady did that get swept under the rug. And bottom line: I just don't really care. I am very bored of the coverage of all of this. But, like the Steelers themselves, I wouldn't mind facing a complete Pats team come Thursday night, facing Brady. The players want him in that game.

SteelerFanInStl
08-01-2015, 03:35 PM
In your opinion. In mine, my comments sound like they are coming from a rational person who doesn't operate in bias just because the team in question wins so much and the QB in question has won as many Super Bowls as anyone in the history of the NFL. You say Brady isn't cooperating? How about Goodell and how he handled the Ray Rice tapes? There are so many things that were more egregious than anything Brady did that get swept under the rug. And bottom line: I just don't really care. I am very bored of the coverage of all of this. But, like the Steelers themselves, I wouldn't mind facing a complete Pats team come Thursday night, facing Brady. The players want him in that game.

It's not my opinion. It's EXACTLY what I've seen on the Patriots forums and from the Patriots fans on sites like nfl.com, profootballtalk, espn, etc.

Saying that any Steelers fan has a bias against the Patriots because "they win so much" is laughable at best.

I'm not the one saying that he didn't cooperate, it's the NFL that's saying that he didn't cooperate and the facts back that up.

Why are you talking about the Ray Rice fiasco? That's not what we're talking about here and has no bearing on this. The Rice fiasco has already been beat to death on this forum.

Of course the Steeler players are going to say that they want to face Brady. That's what a competitor does. They want to face the best. That doesn't mean that they don't think that he should've been punished.

Butch
08-01-2015, 04:20 PM

If that was all it was then fans would be piling on Joe Montana and the 49ers who also won 4 super bowls, but we don't because they won their games legitimately.

fansince'76
08-01-2015, 04:58 PM
And bottom line: I just don't really care. I am very bored of the coverage of all of this.

You started the thread... :noidea:

teegre
08-01-2015, 08:20 PM

:hatsoff:

Stay thirsty my friend, stay thirsty.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink it from steins being held by co-eds.

If it's on the internet, it's true.

Bonjour

86WARD
08-01-2015, 08:38 PM

I don't think you're being truthful...

teegre
08-01-2015, 11:28 PM
ha ha

Door #1

http://www.johnsamford.com/storage/computer_geek-13818.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1362633968660

Door #2

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/ChunkyMonkey_03/morman2.jpg

or Door #3

http://english-homepage.wikispaces.com/file/view/nerd1.jpg/46698665/nerd1.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DTWkTE6mUA0/mqdefault.jpg

All these figurines around the house, they're not real people...

hawaiiansteeler
08-01-2015, 11:55 PM
I don't think you're being truthful...

okay, I may have only helped a little...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco

BigNastyDefense
08-02-2015, 10:52 AM
FIRST: To suspend Tom Brady, the NFL didn't need actual proof. This wasn't a criminal trial where you have to prove anything beyond the shadow of a doubt. All that was needed to punish Tom Brady and the New England Patriots over this is enough stink of wrong doing to make it more likely than not that Brady was involved with or aware of the tampering that was going on.

SECOND: This isn't a simple tampering with equipment violation like some Patriots fans are trying to make it out to be. This isn't as simple as an unapproved facemask or visor. This wasn't even accidentally deflating the wrong football if one was deemed to be overinflated. This was done purposefully and with intent to play the game outside of the rules set up by the National Football League.

THIRD: That then puts it in the arena of "Integrity of the Game" and according the the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the National Football League and the National Football League Player's Association gives Roger Goodell the ability to make the rulings and hear all appeals. The original ruling was not made by Goodell, therefore the NFLPA's request for him to recuse himself from the appeal was unwarranted because he would not be holding up his own ruling.

The NFLPA's attempt to have this case heard in Minnesota where David Doty had often ruled in favor of the NFLPA backfired on them. Basically the Minnesota court saw what they were trying to do and were not going to allow the NFLPA use them as a pawn in this. They saw no reason for this case to be heard in Minnesota when Brady plays in Massachusetts, the NFLPA is headquartered in D.C., and the NFL is headquartered in New York which is where the original hearing, the appeal, and the final verdict on appeal took place.

What the court is looking at in this case isn't if Brady was indeed guilty of cheating the game of football. This case is about if Roger Goodell followed the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. One in which he has been allowed to be judge, jury, and executioner. One where the New England Patriots voted FOR the CBA. One where it's likely that Brady himself voted in favor of it. I don't see where Goodell acted outside of the Collective Bargaining Agreement on this. I don't see how a court could overrule Goodell and lessen or even completely strike the suspension down.

Mach1
08-02-2015, 11:33 AM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11822310_512111958943917_8874229164233521146_n.jpg ?oh=83c5662edddd8c94888ce74972536e2e&oe=56405481