PDA

View Full Version : Now that we know a little bit more about the season....

TeeTee
07-29-2015, 03:04 PM
.....take another crack at predicting season outcome. We know we only lose Bell for 2 games and that Brady won't be playing week 1.

Here goes.

http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and-events/season-schedule.html

@NE. Even with Brady out, we lose. Belichick has months to prepare for us and we have no Bell, nationally televised prime time game to start season. We may not even keep it close, to be honest. L
SF. No where near the team of last 3 years. D is shredded. O hit or miss. Loss of Harbaugh is gonna kill them. They could be a 6-10 type of team. W
@StL. We lose this. Fisher is working his magic, once again. Their DL is sick. Ben is gonna be hit all day. L.
Balt. We win this one. Close game. But Bell will be playing. W
@SD. We stink on west coast. SD has talent. After a huge win over Ravens we lose focus and lose. L
AZ. We win because we are at home. AZ is pretty good but I don't know who QB is. No QB = tough to win. W
@KC. As NE found out last year, KC can be tough as nails at home. Houston is a terror. Gonna hit Ben. L
Cinci. Win. This could be the year they just implode again. W
Oak. I think Raiders will be one of the most improved teams of the season. Del Rio will make them better. But we are at home. W
Cle. Still no QB. W
@Seat. That place is bedlam. even worse than old 3 Rivers. Too much to overcome. L
Colts. Prime time at home. We find a way to win. W
@Cinci. I just think we will be too much for them even on the road. W
Den. Manning will be worn down by them, we at home. We win this, maybe even with ease. W
@Balt. Maybe being on road, too much. L
@Cle. Win. W

10-6. That's what I've been saying all along. BTW, even at 10-6 I think we could still run the table in the play offs.

86WARD
07-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Brady may still play...I have them at 10-6, maybe 11-5.

polamalubeast
07-29-2015, 03:09 PM
11-5 or 12-4 for me if the defense is better

Vis
07-29-2015, 03:16 PM
How do we lose to the Rams in Bell's return game?

TeeTee
07-29-2015, 03:41 PM
How do we lose to the Rams in Bell's return game?

You might not have been paying attention to the Rams. Their D is becoming scary good, and they win even against good team at home. Plus, I doubt the O clicks immediately getting used to Bell back in the line up. It may take a few games.
Don't assume we walk into their dome and win just for showing up.

Craic
07-29-2015, 03:49 PM
I think we win against the Pats*. It's Brady that kills us, not Bellicheat. And, IMO, that's because Brady had all the tape help at the beginning of his career to flatten out his learning curve.

After that, I think we lose against the Raiders (tradition), and either the Seahawks or the Colts, becasue we get caught looking ahead to the last three of four games against division foes. Outside of that, we'll probably drop one, maybe two division games.

All in all, even if it doesn't work out the way I say it does, I think we go 11-5 or 12-4. My guess is, the first loss will either be against the Ravens or the Chargers.

fansince'76
07-29-2015, 04:16 PM
I think we win against the Pats*. It's Brady that kills us, not Bellicheat. And, IMO, that's because Brady had all the tape help at the beginning of his career to flatten out his learning curve.

Not to mention allowing him to basically dink-and-dunk up and down the field all day and play catch with his receivers for the most part while we "took away the big play" and "tackled the catch." "Tackling the catch" really doesn't do shit when you constantly give up the first down. I truly hope that changes with Butler. Or that we at least change things up when it obviously isn't working.

Psycho Ward 86
07-29-2015, 04:22 PM
@NE..W, but we'll find a way to keep it close because we cocktease the fans with these type of games
SF..W, blow out in a big way. I think Deangelo could have a surprisingly good game here, only to fade under Bell's shadow when he comes back the next game
@StL..L, everyone will be so hyped and mark us down mentally for 3-0 even if they wont admit it. And we'll blow it. Ben with one of his worst games here
Balt..W, obligatory 'we split this series a lot' victory
@SD..W, but will be the 3rd straight game with the opposing RB having a huge game. People will be chanting about how much Heyward and Tuitt sucks. Knee jerk reactions bonanza
AZ..L, Bruce Arians will make some kind of mild comment about the steelers and the fans will get all salty about it and the Haley vs. Arians wars will reawaken
@KC..W, we'll work their defense with the short passing game like last time and barely win. Will be the 4th ugly game in a row and not an encouraging one.
Cinci..W, our Legion of midgets has their coming out party again Ginger Spice
Oak..W, we'll swear were about to lose since its happened like the last 4 times in a row. Khalil Mack takes over. Somehow we win.
Cle..W, back to the basement for you guys. Manziel shits himself.
@Seat..L, what's russell wilson, like 12-1 now against superbowl winning QB's? not to mention that seahawks record at home. Antonio Brown is invisible in this game for the first time in 3 seasons.
Colts..W, this is going to start to become one of the new great rivalries of the NFL. Luck vs. Roethlisberger. Down to the wire
@Cinci..L, Cincy is the same team of the last couple of years honestly. Capable of beating some of the best, capable of eating shit as well. They'll take this one.
Den...W, ridiculous shootout, and we somehow win.
@Balt..L obligatory 'we split this series a lot' loss
@Cle..W, we'll have something to play for against a bad divisional team.

11-5, AFC North champs, 3rd seed

SteelerFanInStl
07-29-2015, 04:34 PM
You might not have been paying attention to the Rams. Their D is becoming scary good, and they win even against good team at home. Plus, I doubt the O clicks immediately getting used to Bell back in the line up. It may take a few games.
Don't assume we walk into their dome and win just for showing up.

Speaking as someone who lives in St Louis and follows the Rams also (my NFC team), I think we'll win that game. It won't be easy but it's going to take them a while to get their offense going with a new OC and new QB. I don't know if Gurley will be playing by then either.

The Rams have a very good D, especially their DLine, but their DBs can be beaten. As long as our OL shows up and gives Ben time to throw, we'll be able to move the ball.

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Speaking as someone who lives in St Louis and follows the Rams also (my NFC team), I think we'll win that game. It won't be easy but it's going to take them a while to get their offense going with a new OC and new QB. I don't know if Gurley will be playing by then either.

The Rams have a very good D, especially their DLine, but their DBs can be beaten. As long as our OL shows up and gives Ben time to throw, we'll be able to move the ball.

If Foles can offer solid play at QB, they could win some games. If not, well, it's real hard to win without a legit QB. I have seen Foles look good and I have seen him look terrible. One thing for sure: They loaded up big time to fix that OL. If Gurley can go, that would change their whole vibe.

Rotorhead
07-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Without all the commentary I think 12-4 or 11-5. 12-4 if Cortez plays like a #1, 11-5 if not.

TeeTee
07-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Without all the commentary I think 12-4 or 11-5. 12-4 if Cortez plays like a #1, 11-5 if not.

If this team goes 12-4 with that schedule, they will be a legit contender to go all the way.

SteelerFanInStl
07-30-2015, 05:52 PM
If Foles can offer solid play at QB, they could win some games. If not, well, it's real hard to win without a legit QB. I have seen Foles look good and I have seen him look terrible. One thing for sure: They loaded up big time to fix that OL. If Gurley can go, that would change their whole vibe.

That's the key for the Rams. They only need Foles to be solid, not spectacular. If he can do that, which I think he will, they'll do well.