PDA

View Full Version : Bell's Suspension Reduced to Two Games

Craic
07-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Two games is fair for a DUI (http://sportspyder.com/teams/pittsburgh-steelers/articles/15232346). I have no problem with that at all. And, right on the heels of Brady's 4 game announcement and Microsoft's backtracking on WIN 10 updates and finding out my $1200 a month increase at work (raise plus half to three quarter time) is permanent, this has been a great week so far!

polamalubeast
07-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Good news

This is possible that the Steelers are 2-0 after two games, even without Bell

fansince'76
07-28-2015, 02:37 PM
I have no problem with this. Don't tell me the NFL is starting to get things right...

Steelman
07-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Good news no matter how you look at it.

tube517
07-28-2015, 02:44 PM
I think I'm drunk. Someone wake me up. Ditto to what Craic said.

Except I'm expecting some sort of fine for Deebo soon

TeeTee
07-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Bell has suspension reduced.

That was the headline when it was emailed to me.

Then I read it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2527932-leveon-bell-latest-details-and-comments-on-steelers-rbs-suspension-appeal?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

Am I just spaztik or is there no mention of an actual reduction in suspended games?

fansince'76
07-28-2015, 04:05 PM
It was originally 3 games and another game where he could play, but would have to forfeit his game check. So now it's just 2 games.

TeeTee
07-28-2015, 04:27 PM
It was originally 3 games and another game where he could play, but would have to forfeit his game check. So now it's just 2 games.

Where does it say that?

polamalubeast
07-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Where does it say that?

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/23477-Bell-s-Suspension-Reduced-to-Two-Games

SteelerFanInStl
07-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Good news indeed!

fansince'76
07-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Where does it say that?

Craic
07-28-2015, 06:40 PM

That does bring up a point, however . . . did he get his fines reduced as well?

fansince'76
07-28-2015, 06:42 PM

My understanding is it's now just two games with no additional fine outside of that.

polamalubeast
07-28-2015, 06:42 PM

yes...

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 4h4 hours ago
Steelers RB LeVeon Bell suspended 2 games and 2 pay checks, league spokesman tells me. Originally was going to lose 3 games and 4 pay checks

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/626115597491834880

Craic
07-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Perfect.

Strange day. I'm absolutely fine with a Brady 4 game suspension (as mentioned in other thread, the logic behind 4 games makes sense now), and fine with the 2 game suspension.

Butch
07-28-2015, 08:08 PM
I have no problem with this. Don't tell me the NFL is starting to get things right...

How can this even be remotely true??? I can't believe it's going down like this without some hitch somewhere along the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Two games is fair for a DUI (http://sportspyder.com/teams/pittsburgh-steelers/articles/15232346). I have no problem with that at all. And, right on the heels of Brady's 4 game announcement and Microsoft's backtracking on WIN 10 updates and finding out my $1200 a month increase at work (raise plus half to three quarter time) is permanent, this has been a great week so far!

If this is true congrats!!!

st33lersguy
07-28-2015, 08:12 PM
2 is better than 3. Plus, he will be back for the Rams who have a tough defense and will be well integrated into the offense when they play the purple browns

86WARD
07-28-2015, 09:33 PM

What would we all do if Goofdell started thinking straight?!?!?

steelreserve
07-28-2015, 10:35 PM
What would we all do if Goofdell started thinking straight?!?!?

I don't know - watch out. Pretty soon people will wear shoes on their heads and hamburgers will eat people.

zulater
07-29-2015, 05:15 AM
This is bigger than most people think in my opinion. Because in my view with the way the schedule laid out the original 3 game suspension was just about a 4 game suspension. The reason being our week 4 game against the Ravens is a Thursday night game. And seeing as how a suspended player cannot be on team facilities or have any involvement with the team in any way I really thought the original suspension would have severely impaired his ability to contribute in the Ravens game with the quick turnaround. Think about it. That game could very well swing the season, and how in the world could you expect a guy to come in fresh off the street (so to speak) and get right up to speed against a team that solid on defense in 3 days?

Now not only do you get him back a week earlier. You also got him back coming off a Sunday game, and he has a full week to re-acclimate himself to the game, and more important still he'll have a game under his belt when we play perhaps the most crucial home game of the season.

Anyway this is great news. And more to the point the punishment now actually fits the crime. This is fair and this is what should have been handed out right from the beginning.

Craic
07-30-2015, 03:33 PM
This is bigger than most people think in my opinion. Because in my view with the way the schedule laid out the original 3 game suspension was just about a 4 game suspension. The reason being our week 4 game against the Ravens is a Thursday night game. And seeing as how a suspended player cannot be on team facilities or have any involvement with the team in any way I really thought the original suspension would have severely impaired his ability to contribute in the Ravens game with the quick turnaround. Think about it. That game could very well swing the season, and how in the world could you expect a guy to come in fresh off the street (so to speak) and get right up to speed against a team that solid on defense in 3 days?

Now not only do you get him back a week earlier. You also got him back coming off a Sunday game, and he has a full week to re-acclimate himself to the game, and more important still he'll have a game under his belt when we play perhaps the most crucial home game of the season.

Anyway this is great news. And more to the point the punishment now actually fits the crime. This is fair and this is what should have been handed out right from the beginning.

Those are some good points.

As far as the three game vs. two game suspension, I agree. I wonder, however, if the three game was more for Goodell to dangle the carrot in front of Bell. "Straighten up, stay clean, and you just may get 2 games instead of three." I wonder that especially because it's a rookie, and may have been Goodell's way of driving home a point.

Regardless, here's an ugly side that many Steelers fans won't like hearing: it's very possible that we owe the maturation of two of our three top Offensive players to Goodell for handing out suspensions.

zulater
07-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Those are some good points.

As far as the three game vs. two game suspension, I agree. I wonder, however, if the three game was more for Goodell to dangle the carrot in front of Bell. "Straighten up, stay clean, and you just may get 2 games instead of three." I wonder that especially because it's a rookie, and may have been Goodell's way of driving home a point.

Regardless, here's an ugly side that many Steelers fans won't like hearing: it's very possible that we owe the maturation of two of our three top Offensive players to Goodell for handing out suspensions.

To the first point. I think this was a way for the league to drive home a point, but not the one you suggest. Notice this reduction of penalty was announced within hours of Brady's appeal being denied. I don't think this was a coincidence. I think the league wanted to show players the contrast between the way the two players handled their respective appeals. Brady was defiant and uncooperative throughout. Never willing to own up to the least bit of complicity let alone admit any guilt. So his penalty remained intact. Bell on the other hand owned it. Vowed to improve his ways regardless of how the league ruled on hos appeal. Fully apologized to his team, teammates, the league, and the fans. His penalty gets reduced. If I'm a player I take notice. Now I'm not a player, but I think the league hopes that the message that was sent will get through to the masses. Cooperation rewarded. Defiance ignored.

Now to your second point. Perhaps with Bell that might be true. But I believe to this day that Ben changed his ways because of his family, the Rooneys, and Bruce Arains. I think he despises Goodell and will do so to the day he dies. Goodell labeled Ben guilty and as a result will be viewed so by many for life because of the league's actions against him (Ben).

salamander
07-30-2015, 09:39 PM
I am ok with this.

86WARD
07-30-2015, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure there is a player in a Steelers uniform that respects Goofdell...maybe DeAngelo Williams at this point?