PDA

View Full Version : Harrison: 'I want to see a nasty demeanor'

polamalubeast
07-27-2015, 12:25 PM
LATROBE, Pa. -- James Harrison walked off the practice field on Sunday dripping in sweat. And he didn’t even take part in the Steelers first practice of training camp.

Harrison, wearing a Steelers hoodie and sweat pants, still got in a workout though and his attire on the hot summer day added to him looking like he had just been through a regular season game.

“I work out in my sweats,” said Harrison. “It makes me burn more calories.”

It’s no surprise the more you look around the Steelers weight room these days, the more you see guys doing the same thing. Because Harrison is a leader, a lot of that by the example he sets in his workouts, and guys want to do what he is doing.

Rookie linebacker Bud Dupree said Harrison is one of the players who has helped him with the adjustment to the NFL, someone he looks to as the ‘father-figure’ in the linebacker room. Harrison got a chuckle out of that.

“I could probably have kids his age if I would have started earlier,” he joked.

And then, he talked a little more about that role.

“I have been in that position before. I am used to that I guess,” said Harrison. “It’s just a veteran leadership role, nothing more or less than it was before. I may be giving more advice than I did in the past as far as what to do to be a professional and stay in the league longer because guys see how long I have been I in the league.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Harrison-I-want-to-see-a-nasty-demeanor/0c5e473d-b1c5-4940-8a54-a651cf34267e?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

TeeTee
07-27-2015, 01:15 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11745585_991918624173603_7110443838013798528_n.jpg ?oh=4f10a22165fc18e1bc3e8f3b64835fcd&oe=5650837F

86WARD
07-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Me too.

TeeTee
07-27-2015, 02:44 PM
We are gonna miss Deebo. Maybe we could do a "Ray Lewis" and win one for the big guy this season. As it sits now, it is possible. Having Deebo around the players all off season and coming into camp already in shape is a big leg up.

Offense will be wicked and the D will be improved and maybe above average. That is all we need.

86WARD
07-27-2015, 02:47 PM
I'll tell you, that team was a totally different team and that defense began to show up last season when Harrison arrived. I'd give him a roster spot based on his attitude and presence over a guy like Justin Brown or Landry Jones. I don't care if he can't play...the roster spot is well spent on that.

SteelerFanInStl
07-27-2015, 05:01 PM
I'll tell you, that team was a totally different team and that defense began to show up last season when Harrison arrived. I'd give him a roster spot based on his attitude and presence over a guy like Justin Brown or Landry Jones. I don't care if he can't play...the roster spot is well spent on that.

Damn straight!