PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Roethlisberger desires to be 'Pittsburgh guy'

stillers4me
07-27-2015, 05:45 AM
When the Ravens' Haloti Ngata broke Ben Roethlisberger's nose with a chop to the face, Roethlisberger refused to come out of the game and didn't miss a play despite a severely displaced septum and blood dripping down his face.

When Roethlisberger got his bell rung in last year's playoff game against the Ravens, he missed three plays before returning to the field in a game that's outcome already had been decided.

There is a legitimate reason why Roethlisberger refuses to leave work early under virtually any circumstance. He prides himself on being a tough guy.

Or as he called it: a Pittsburgh guy.

“I want to give it all to those fans because that's what they do,” Roethlisberger told Trib Total Media on Sunday before the Steelers' first practice of training camp at St. Vincent. “If these guys are in the mines or working in the steel mills or wherever, if they break a finger, they aren't going home. I feel like I want to be the same.”

Roethlisberger paused, then said, “I always wanted to be a Pittsburgh guy — that guy.” ............

Read more @ http://triblive.com/mobile/8799957-96/roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers

TeeTee
07-27-2015, 06:09 PM
He is tough as nails. No one can deny that. He also probably adds a little drama from time to time, but no one can claim he isn't tough.

86WARD
07-27-2015, 07:52 PM
He's EXACTLY what I would look for in a QB...

TeeTee
07-28-2015, 12:00 PM
He's EXACTLY what I would look for in a QB...

He's damn good. He is much better than Bradshaw ever was. Bradshaw was only about a 50% completion guy and nearly had as many ints as TDs.

86WARD
07-28-2015, 12:02 PM
To be honest, Bradshaw is kinda what I look for too...Brett Favre would be another.

Godfather
07-28-2015, 09:09 PM
He's damn good. He is much better than Bradshaw ever was. Bradshaw was only about a 50% completion guy and nearly had as many ints as TDs.

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. Bradshaw played in the pre-Goofdell/Arenaball era and joined a much worse team as a rookie.