PDA

View Full Version : Farrior, McFadden could miss Thursday's game

stillers4me
08-31-2010, 05:26 AM
By Kevin Gorman (kgorman@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin indicated that two defensive starters, inside linebacker James Farrior and cornerback Bryant McFadden, could miss Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina with injuries. Farrior is likely doubtful after receiving six stitches to close a laceration on his forehead that occurred in the first series against Denver. McFadden will sit out again after missing the Denver game with a pectoral injury, but is "on target" to return for the opener against Atlanta Sept. 12, Tomlin said.

• Tomlin was impressed with how rookie Maurkice Pouncey fared in his first start at center, despite having to use a silent count and the Steelers drawing two false-start penalties. Tomlin credited Pouncey, the club's first-round pick, for doing a "nice job," particularly against Pro Bowl nose tackle Jamaal Williams, which Tomlin called a "daunting task."

• The Steelers coach also singled out three others as bright spots.......................

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_697200.html

HometownGal
08-31-2010, 05:59 AM
If Potsie and BMac need the extra time to heal for the opener, I'm all for them sitting out Thursday night's game. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'd like to see what Sanders can do on returns, as Brown really wasn't all that impressive on the return duties in Denver.

Galax Steeler
09-01-2010, 03:41 AM
I say let them rest and heal there injuries this game coming up is pointless and there is no need to make the injury worse.

steelpride12
09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Every preseason game is pointless and def. because these two players are not rookies out their fighting for a roster spot, they are a lock and will get the rest from this game to be ready for week 1.