PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger says Steelers offense may be better than record-breaking '14 season

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 01:00 PM
What can the Steelers’ offense do one season after its best production in history?

More, Ben Roethlisberger said today in an interview with the Post-Gazette. After scoring a franchise-high 436 points last season, their goal is to score at least 30 points a game in this one.

“We want to start fast and we want to be able to put 30 points on the board in every game,’’ said the Pro Bowl quarterback as he enters his 12th NFL season..........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/07/26/Ben-Roethlisberger-says-Steelers-offense-may-be-better-than-record-breaking-14-season/stories/201507260199

ALLD
07-26-2015, 01:42 PM
So if we score 30 every game, then the D only needs to be average and keep the other team from blowing the doors open.

polamalubeast
07-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Scored 30 points each game is not realistic but scored 30 points per game is realistic.

The Steelers have scored 31 points per game in their last 10 games last year.

TeeTee
07-26-2015, 03:17 PM
I hate cocky talk like this. The pride comes before the fall. Just say everyone is going to give their best effort and we will see where it takes us. Some of record-setting stuff is due to good fortune. specifically lack of injuries.

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 04:31 PM
What's cocky about saying they want to score 30 points? He wasn't making a guarantee, just setting a goal based on their potential.

86WARD
07-26-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't view this as cocky talk at all...it's just positive thinking in my opinion. I drool at the thought...

polamalubeast
07-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Even if he would be cocky, it would not be a bad thing

Before the 2012 season, Joe Flacco said he was the best QB in the NFL and after they won the Super Bowl!

86WARD
07-26-2015, 05:35 PM
You kinda can't be an NFL QB unless you are confident and somewhat cocky...you need to have attended Swaggin' at some point in your life...

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 05:39 PM
You kinda can't be an NFL QB unless you are confident and somewhat cocky...you need to have attended Swaggin' at some point in your life...

http://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbja8w3Wni1rfimo0o4_1280.jpg

Butch
07-26-2015, 05:40 PM
I don't see it as cocky I see it as setting a goal and having a desire to improve on what they did last year. It is a throw back to the Great Chuck Noll who always wanted his players ready to do better than they did the year before. Always strive to improve.

Now if he guaranteed they would do it that would be a different story.

TeeTee
07-26-2015, 06:11 PM

No, I want a cocky QB. I want him oozing with confidence. I just don't want him to speak it to the media. Brady is sure as hell confident. But you don't hear him say much. As a matter of fact, one of the only times he spoke out in a cocky tone was when he laughed at the notion of the Giants holding his offense to 17 points before the Super Bowl. And then guess what happened? I remember the Chiefs, coming off a great season under Schottenheimer, the next year saying they were going to go undefeated.....they didn't even make the play offs.

Iron Steeler
07-26-2015, 06:26 PM
I hate cocky talk like this. The pride comes before the fall. Just say everyone is going to give their best effort and we will see where it takes us. Some of record-setting stuff is due to good fortune. specifically lack of injuries.

Remember when we faced an up and coming kansas city team on monday and ben was like "were gonna put on a show" the score was like 6-3 or something like that ? and a nail biter

polamalubeast
07-26-2015, 06:34 PM
No, I want a cocky QB. I want him oozing with confidence. I just don't want him to speak it to the media. Brady is sure as hell confident. But you don't hear him say much. As a matter of fact, one of the only times he spoke out in a cocky tone was when he laughed at the notion of the Giants holding his offense to 17 points before the Super Bowl. And then guess what happened? I remember the Chiefs, coming off a great season under Schottenheimer, the next year saying they were going to go undefeated.....they didn't even make the play offs.

You probably not remember the Joey Porter's comments before a playoff games against the Colts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2289603

teegre
07-27-2015, 06:38 AM
So if we score 30 every game, then the D only needs to be average and keep the other team from blowing the doors open.

Bingo!!!

The offense trended from 27ppg to 31ppg in the second half of the season. Likewise, the defense trended down from 24ppg to 21ppg. If those numbers stay the same (31 ppg and 21 ppg), the Steelers will have a great season.

So, Yes, the defense doesn't need to be like 2008 (1st in ppg allowed); it just has to be average.

TeeTee
07-27-2015, 02:33 PM
You probably not remember the Joey Porter's comments before a playoff games against the Colts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2289603

A pass rushing OLB, which tend to be animals, is kind of a different kettle of fish than a franchise QB.

Again, I like Ben being breaming with confidence, that is what we need. Just don't give anyone bulletin board material.