View Full Version : Steelers Training Camp: Saint Vincent College

LLT
07-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Steelers Training Camp: Saint Vincent College

by Perry Biggerstaff
Still Curtain
07/26/15

Saint Vincent College.

The suns first rays fight to burn off a morning mist that hangs low on the field and wraps its delicate fingers around the surrounding buildings and trees. Here….Here you can almost see the mist forming into the faint outlines of warriors locked in past grid iron battles. If you stand still and close your eyes, you can almost hear the shouted echoes of their leaders pushing them towards excellence. It’s here, at this time of year that you can palpably feel the return of the very real mystique of Steelers football.

If you stand still and close your eyes, you can almost hear the shouted echoes of their leaders pushing them towards excellence. It’s here, at this time of year that you can palpably feel the return of the very real mystique of Steelers football.

2015 marks fifty years that Saint Vincent has been the proving ground for the Steelers; a war time factory churning out weapons of destruction for the enjoyment of a rabid fan base.It has also produced five decades of shared experiences, grand memories, and the basis of stories told by an older generation of fans.

Read more @ http://stillcurtain.com/2015/07/25/s...ncent-college/

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 09:51 AM
As one who as been blessed to sit up on the hillside and watch legends like Hines, Troy, Ben and Coach Lebeau go about the business of creating future thrills and chills, I can totally relate to the emotions you describe, Perry.

SVC is Steelers Mecca....holy ground for the black and gold faithful.

LLT
07-26-2015, 10:26 AM
As one who as been blessed to sit up on the hillside and watch legends like Hines, Troy, Ben and Coach Lebeau go about the business of creating future thrills and chills, I can totally relate to the emotions you describe, Perry.

SVC is Steelers Mecca....holy ground for the black and gold faithful.

Each year...a whole new set of players to watch and cheer for. The next generation of fans will listen to OUR stories and be fascinated by the fact that we "actually watched" players like Troy.

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Each year...a whole new set of players to watch and cheer for. The next generation of fans will listen to OUR stories and be fascinated by the fact that we "actually watched" players like Troy.

One year, I high fived Ben, Troy and Keisel at the fence. My DNA mingled with their DNA. Now THAT'S a story! :lol:

LLT
07-26-2015, 10:42 AM
One year, I high fived Ben, Troy and Keisel at the fence. My DNA mingled with their DNA. Now THAT'S a story! :lol:

Hmmmm.....think you can clone Troy from that DNA? I cols love to see him again in ...oh...about 22 years.

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Hmmmm.....think you can clone Troy from that DNA? I cols love to see him again in ...oh...about 22 years.

It's possible. I haven't washed my hand since then. :heh:

LLT
07-26-2015, 11:08 AM
It's possible. I haven't washed my hand since then. :heh:

LOL!!!!