PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams (back) sidelined 4 weeks.

polamalubeast
07-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 11m11 minutes ago
Ot Mike Adams out 4weeks after back surgery last week. On PUP

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot 11m11 minutes ago
Few PUP guys Gradkowski (shoulder) Mike Adams (back) sidelined 4 weeks. Lemon (Achilles) Pouncey (foot), Golson (shoulder) #Steelers

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot

ALLD
07-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Landry got lucky. Adams, I don't know about his long term future.

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib -

I think the Mike Adams injury is significant. Missing entire camp. There goes any leverage Steelers might have had with Beachum contract

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

polamalubeast
07-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib -

I think the Mike Adams injury is significant. Missing entire camp. There goes any leverage Steelers might have had with Beachum contract

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

With or without Adams, Beachum has all the leverage

Count Steeler
07-25-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't like to wish injuries on anyone, but this may be a blessing in disguise. This is going to force the Steelers to take a long good look at some of the other OTs. Maybe, just maybe, one of them will show more heart and oomph than Adams has shown so far.

KeiselPower99
07-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Might explain why we signed a Tackle yesterday. Significant only in it allows the other guys more playing time.

ALLD
07-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Adams is turning into to one of those guys who isn't a complete bust, but is still a disappointment.

salamander
07-25-2015, 07:41 PM
I never like seeing Pouncey on ANY injury list, even in training camp.

Psycho Ward 86
07-25-2015, 09:16 PM
more opportunities for Villanueva. I hope he capitalizes

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Mike Adams Injury Opens Door For Villanueva, Others

By Alex Kozora on July 25, 2015

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/07/mike-adams-injury-opens-door-for-villanueva-others/

86WARD
07-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Hurt his back unpacking the car or opening the dorm room door? ;)

teegre
07-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Hurt his back unpacking the car or opening the dorm room door? ;)

He fell inside of Steve's Market, on 135th.

(Do you know how much you can get from a "slip & fall"...???)

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Tomlin Not Dismayed By Injuries

Jul 25, 2015
Jim Wexell
Publisher SteelCityInsider.net

Steelers placed five players -- including starter Maurkice Pouncey -- on the PUP list to start camp.

LATROBE -- Mike Tomlin was in such a good mood on the first day of training camp that the Pittsburgh Steelers' coach barely gave much thought to the five injured players he had to put on the PUP list.

Placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list Saturday were QB Bruce Gradkowski (right shoulder), OT Mike Adams (back), OLB Shawn Lemon (Achilles strain), C Maurkice Pouncey (right foot sprain) and rookie CB Senquez Golson (shoulder).

Pouncey is the only first-teamer among the group and Tomlin called his center's injury "very minor, maybe a couple days."

The most serious injury appears to belong to Adams, the third offensive tackle on a team that has no one else with game experience behind the starters. Adams underwent back surgery earlier in the week and will need four weeks to rehabilitate before attempting to get back on the field.

"It's been something that he's been dealing with off and on," Tomlin said. "We got it evaluated. We decided to put it behind us. He's been dealing with it off and on really the majority of the offseason."

Gradkowski, Ben Roethlisberger's backup, missed most of the spring, but Tomlin doesn't feel it's serious. "We're excercising some precaution," Tomlin said. "He's a veteran guy. We're going to make sure that's in our rearview (mirror) before we proceed.

He experienced some discomfort in training. We'll get a good look at it and get it taken care of. When he's ready to go, we'll go."

Golson's injury may be the most disappointing to a team that needs help on a pass defense that ranked 27th last season and lost Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor and Brice McCain. The Steelers drafted Golson in the second round. Tomlin was asked how long he expects Golson to miss.

"We'll see," Tomlin said. "He's not good enough to go."

Overall, Tomlin was pleased with how his team performed in the late-afternoon conditioning run.

"I like the overall conditioning and readiness of the group," he said. "It begins there for us. Physical conditioning will be a point of departure for us. We spent a lot of time talking about it and it's good those guys have respected it from a preparation standpoint so we can push forward."

to read rest of article:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1566816-tomlin-not-dismayed-by-injuries

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 07:29 AM
Hawaii, I am posting this story as a separate thread. There's a lot of updated news in it and many people will miss stories when they get buried in older threads. Plus, it will hit our Twitter feed as a separate thread. Fans are scouring the internet this weekend for any Steelers related news since camp is starting today and it drives traffic to SU. We are a bit different here at SU than some other forums you may have seen.....articles that are basically clones of other stories will be merged, (with no malice or ill feelings) but new updated information and quotes can be posted separately. Yeah.... it's just a judgement call on everybody's end, and there may be a few similar threads going on but usually they are different enough to justify separate threads. If they turn into the same conversation, one of the mods will eventually merge them. But it all seems to work out pretty well and has really helped us to grow pretty rapidly.

And thanks so much for your contributions to SU! Every once in a while I set out to post something to find that you ( or someone else) found it first and have already shared it. ( I had to work yesterday so I had a mad scramble trying to catch up on the "players arriving to camp stuff") I greatly appreciate everybody that takes the time to start new conversations and share the tidbits that we find. It's what it's all about! And I'm really, really glad that you are here!

Here's to a new season and many thrilling moments for our Steelers! :drink:

hawaiiansteeler
07-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Hawaii, I am posting this story as a separate thread. There's a lot of updated news in it and many people will miss stories when they get buried in older threads. Plus, it will hit our Twitter feed as a separate thread. Fans are scouring the internet this weekend for any Steelers related news since camp is starting today and it drives traffic to SU. We are a bit different here at SU than some other forums you may have seen.....articles that are basically clones of other stories will be merged, (with no malice or ill feelings) but new updated information and quotes can be posted separately. Yeah.... it's just a judgement call on everybody's end, and there may be a few similar threads going on but usually they are different enough to justify separate threads. If they turn into the same conversation, one of the mods will eventually merge them. But it all seems to work out pretty well and has really helped us to grow pretty rapidly.

And thanks so much for your contributions to SU! Every once in a while I set out to post something to find that you ( or someone else) found it first and have already shared it. ( I had to work yesterday so I had a mad scramble trying to catch up on the "players arriving to camp stuff") I greatly appreciate everybody that takes the time to start new conversations and share the tidbits that we find. It's what it's all about! And I'm really, really glad that you are here!

Here's to a new season and many thrilling moments for our Steelers! :drink:

thank you for the kind words, I'm really glad to be posting here also!

the policy on the last board I posted on was to always merge common threads. if you dared to start a new thread when an existing similar thread already existed it was soon pointed out to you by several other people that you needed to learn how to use the search function...

stillers4me
07-26-2015, 12:41 PM
thank you for the kind words, I'm really glad to be posting here also!

the policy on the last board I posted on was to always merge common threads. if you dared to start a new thread when an existing similar thread already existed it was soon pointed out to you by several other people that you needed to learn how to use the search function...

:lol: I know. We are bit different in that respect and as I said before, a judgement call. None of the mods will get upset if we have to occasionally merge 2 threads if they are too similar. Even I screw up occasionally and one of the other mods will kill or merge a thread already posted. I have to be careful and fully read an article to make sure it isn't almost a carbon copy of one we already had. Something with the same subject but all new info or a different angle can be posted separately.......we will never complain about visitors linking through SU to read an article. I can see how many visitors are reading the articles in the mod controls within a minute or so of it hitting twitter and there could be 90 or more visitors on any given article. It really fascinating and we quickly learned the power of social media!

Mojouw
07-26-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't see how Beachum has any more or less leverage than he already had.

It wasn't like before anyone really took the threat of Adams being inserted as the starting LT seriously.

TeeTee
07-26-2015, 01:52 PM
I don't like to wish injuries on anyone, but this may be a blessing in disguise. This is going to force the Steelers to take a long good look at some of the other OTs. Maybe, just maybe, one of them will show more heart and oomph than Adams has shown so far.
This.

steelreserve
07-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Back surgery for an offensive lineman can easily ruin your entire season, if not your career. I'm not counting on getting anything out of Adams this year. Hope one of the new guys shows something in camp.

zulater
07-26-2015, 03:36 PM
I don't see how Beachum has any more or less leverage than he already had.

It wasn't like before anyone really took the threat of Adams being inserted as the starting LT seriously.

A traffic cone would pose more threat to threat to Beachum's job than Mike Adams, healthy or otherwise.

katmandu
07-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib) 3h3 hours ago (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/625366179218083840) Latrobe, PA
(https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A9eb227a84b6ac5c5) Mike Adams said he aggravated back injury during OTAs.

Mojouw
07-26-2015, 04:07 PM
A traffic cone would pose more threat to threat to Beachum's job than Mike Adams, healthy or otherwise.

To be fair, the Steelers used to employ traffic cones along the offensive line. I think for part of Pouncey's rookie year he was flanked by a traffic cone and an turnstile salvaged from Forbes field.