PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: I don’t really care if people think I’m elite

polamalubeast
07-24-2015, 10:28 AM
When the Ravens were closing in on a contract extension with quarterback Joe Flacco a few years ago, there was a lot of discussion about whether or not Flacco was an “elite” quarterback.

With a Super Bowl ring and a lucrative deal from the Ravens, Flacco probably doesn’t spend much time worrying about where others think he falls into that subjective spectrum. Another AFC North quarterback feels that way. Ben Roethlisberger is coming off perhaps the best individual season of his career, which helped him earn a fat extension from the Steelers and questions about where he ranks in the firmament of signal callers that he’d rather avoid.

“For me, it’s always about winning. That’s always been my M.O.,” Roethlisberger said, via USA Today. “People ask me all the time about what do I think about not being one of the five elites or the three elites or whatever it is. I don’t really care. As long as I can win football games and win championships, that’s all that really matters to me. At the end of the day, to me, that’s what you’re based on.”

With two Super Bowl titles and a third trip to the game, Roethlisberger has pretty good credentials on the winning front although it’s been a few years since he’s been able to add to them with a postseason victory. Changing that is going to fall heavily on improvement from the defense regardless of how well Roethlisberger plays, but the total resume will still look like one destined for Canton if the Steelers fall short

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/24/ben-roethlisberger-i-dont-really-care-if-people-think-im-elite/

fansince'76
07-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Good. It's a really stupid term that fantasy football nerds have beaten to death to the point that it's become mainstream.

TeeTee
07-24-2015, 11:01 AM
The whole subject hurts my head. No, Ben isn't as highly regarded as those on the "elite" list. I don't care. Next.

Nadroj 20
07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
I bet most of these guys get annoyed with the media constantly nit picking every aspect of their game, good or bad. Ben is no different.

tube517
07-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Drama queens aren't elite anyways. :chuckle:

86WARD
07-24-2015, 04:36 PM
I prefer he doesn't care...even though he's elite.

SteelerFanInStl
07-24-2015, 07:07 PM
Ben gets it. Football is a team sport, not an individual competition.

Count Steeler
07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
No Brownie points for being elite.

Get the rings, Ben. Get the rings.

86WARD
07-24-2015, 07:55 PM
No Brownie points for being elite.

Get the rings, Ben. Get the rings.

THIS ^^

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2015, 01:53 AM
Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger doesn't 'really care' about elite QB debate, even if he is one

Nate Davis, USA TODAY Sports
July 24, 2015

PITTSBURGH — Ben Roethlisberger has never concerned himself with personal accolades. Yet the footprint of his ever-expanding legacy will only take on new dimensions when the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback reports for training camp with his teammates in Latrobe, Pa., this weekend.

And as he assumes the mantle of the longest-serving member of the Steelers roster for the first time in his career, Roethlisberger may also finally be breaking into that elusive club of truly elite NFL quarterbacks.

But Big Ben will tell you none of it is a big deal.

to read rest of article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/steelers/2015/07/24/ben-roethlisberger-elite-quarterback-charlie-batch-mike-tomlin-pittsburgh/30588135/

ALLD
07-25-2015, 07:21 AM
Peyton Manning is an elite QB during the regular season, but he chokes in big games from college to the pros. It's uncanny and part of his nature. He gets compulsive and over thinks everything. His little brother does much less thinking and has one more SB ring. Give me the ring and forget about the FF glory.