PDA

View Full Version : Lets go pitt

Pages : [1] 2

Dino 6 Rings
06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Figure I'll be pretty lonely in this thread but DANG IT, We need a PITT THREAD!!!

Looking foward to a good year for the Panthers. Solid running game followed by a crushing punishing defense that is going to eat quarterbacks up all season long. First game, At Utah. Huge test!!! Could set the entire season up for success or failure!

LETS GO PITT!

steelersfanman92
06-02-2010, 01:40 PM
They are ranked highly and if Sunseri can play well and not lose games Pitt can be playing a BCS game at the end of the year. There is no reason with Lewis and that defense that they should not win the Big East. I am most excited to see Dan Mason at MLB, he is a physical freak.

Dino 6 Rings
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
LETS GO PITT!

Dino 6 Rings
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Pitt receives commitment from defensive lineman
Monday, June 28, 2010
By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pitt received a verbal commitment from one of the top defensive linemen in the country Monday night when Marquise Wright told the Pitt coaches he wanted to become a Panther.

Wright, a 6-foot-3, 270 pound defensive tackle from Paramus Catholic in New Jersey, had several other offers, most notably from from Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Maryland and Penn State. His final decision came down to Pitt, Maryland and Penn State.

According to Rivals.com, Wright is the No. 61 overall prospect for the 2011 recruiting class and the No. 4-rated tackle in the nation.

Ray Fittipaldo: rfittipaldo@post-gazette.com.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10179/1068975-142.stm#ixzz0tUEgfssf

Hindes204
07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Great thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PITT!!!!!!!

Nadroj 20
07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Let me know when its Pittsburgh's basketball season. Thats what I care most about.

steeldevil
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Let me know when its Pittsburgh's basketball season. Thats what I care most about.

I dont know exactly when their season starts but I would imagine it is sometime between mid and late November, as usual with most teams. :drink:

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Opening Night for NCAA Football. Game of the Night will be PITT at UTAH.

That game sets the tone for the entire season for both teams.

SteelCityMan786
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Opening Night for NCAA Football. Game of the Night will be PITT at UTAH.

That game sets the tone for the entire season for both teams.

Especially for Pitt. This will be a big help to them if they are able to be in talks for at least a BCS at large bid towards the end of the season(Should they not win the Big East). Plus Miami will not be an easy early season game for Pitt. If the O-Line can allow Tino to get comfortable quickly and allow him to show what he has in him, this could be a special year for Pitt. Otherwise, it could be the same old story.

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Pitt defensive end arrested
Sunday, July 18, 2010
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt senior starting defensive end Jabaal Sheard has been suspended indefinitely from team activities as a result of his role in an altercation in the Southside late Saturday/early Sunday morning. Sheard was arrested and charged with various misdemeanor and summary offenses.

"We are in the midst of gathering information on a weekend incident involving Jabaal Sheard," said Pitt athletic department spokesman E.J. Borghetti. "While we conduct our own investigation Jabaal has been indefinitely suspended from team activities."

Last season Sheard, who is from Hollywood Hills, Fla., started all 13 games for the Panthers and had 42 tackles, 10 1/2 for loss, five sacks and a team-high 12 quarterback hurries.

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10199/1073708-100.stm#ixzz0u5lm3hwo

BPS3akaWirels3
07-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Let's go Penn State.. Oops!! Wrong thread.. Sorry.. :behindsofa:

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Let's go Penn State.. Oops!! Wrong thread.. Sorry.. :behindsofa:

We have one of those threads here to. You're welcome to post there.

steelerdude15
07-19-2010, 07:59 PM
You've got to be kidding me. :doh: What were you thinking Jabaal? Is it time for football season yet?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5392095

BPS3akaWirels3
07-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Go Penn State.. Crap.. Wrong thread again.. Sorry..

steeldevil
07-19-2010, 08:04 PM
And the award for funniest thread title goes to.... :rofl2:

steelerdude15
07-19-2010, 09:17 PM
And the award for funniest thread title goes to.... :rofl2:
Thank you, thank you. :humble:

steelerdude15
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Let's Go Pitt!

Dino 6 Rings
07-22-2010, 11:17 AM
For the PSUX fan, Go play Temple you cowards.

12-0 Got You Last!

Dino 6 Rings
07-22-2010, 11:18 AM
As for Jabaal...well that sux, big time, maybe it wasn't as bad as it sounds, but I doubt it, guess he'll be sitting at home this season.

Dino 6 Rings
07-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Police: Pitt's Sheard ignored order to stop fighting

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10201/1073895-142.stm#ixzz0uQeXGhoe

Pitt football player Jabaal Sheard refused to stop fighting on a South Side street early Sunday and then hurled another man through a glass door even after a police officer hit him repeatedly with his baton, according to court papers.

Sheard, a 21-year-old starting defensive end from Hollywood, Fla., was charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct in the incident outside La Fond Galleries on East Carson Street.

Sheard, a 6-foot-4, 260-pound senior, has been suspended indefinitely from the team.

Pittsburgh police Officer Garrett Brown was finishing an off-duty detail and was on his way home at about 2 a.m. when he heard that a group of men were fighting in the street. He said he saw two men fighting and called for backup from Zone 3, then approached the men and yelled at them to stop.

"[Sheard] refused to listen to my commands to stop fighting," the officer wrote in an affidavit, "and continued to punch the victim, Edward Parker, in the face and to the body."

Parker, 27, of Stanton Heights, was knocked into the doorway of La Fond Gallery. Brown and other city officers tried to break up the fight, but Sheard would not stop, according to the affidavit, even after Brown hit him in the torso with his baton.

"At that time Sheard then grabbed Parker by the clothing and threw him through the glass front door of the gallery," Brown wrote.

As Parker lay on his back inside the gallery, bleeding, Sheard continued to punch him in the face, according to the affidavit.

Another officer then used OC spray on both men to subdue them and officers handcuffed Sheard.

He was taken to the county jail and faces a preliminary hearing in city court July 28.

Parker, who suffered cuts and bruises to his head and face, refused to go to the hospital with paramedics; his girlfriend drove him instead.

Brown said the scene was hard to control because Sheard's actions drew a large crowd, and he said the incident caused other officers to respond on a busy evening, taking them away from their regular duties.

The damage to the gallery door was estimated at $600 to $1,000.

Brown said he didn't know why the men were fighting, but he said he'll confer with the district attorney's office to determine whether Parker should also be charged for his role.

Sheard started all 13 games for Pitt last season, made 42 tackles and led the team in quarterback hurries each of the past two years.

Plywood covers the front door of La Fond Galleries on the 1700 block of East Carson Street on the South Side. According to court papers, Pitt defensive end Jabaal Sheard refused to stop fighting early Sunday and hurled a man through a glass door even while a police officer was hitting Sheard repeatedly with a baton.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10201/1073895-142.stm#ixzz0uQecIhGh

SteelCityMan786
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
For the PSUX fan, Go play Temple you cowards.

12-0 Got You Last!

We'll go play Alabama, Ohio State, and Iowa while we are at it. That's 2 National Championship Contenders of 3.

Oh and when you guys win 2 Conference Championships with a BCS Bowl Win and have 3 10+ win Seasons in the last 5 years, come talk to me.

steelersfanman92
08-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Pitt picked to win Big East http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080310aab.html

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2010, 11:21 AM
http://post-gazette.com/pg/10220/1078662-100.stm

Romeus down with ankle injury

Dino 6 Rings
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Congratulations to Russ Grimm and Rickey Jackson for making it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame putting Pitt's total at 6 for members in the HOF.

6 > 5.

Go suck and egg PSUX!!!

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Congratulations to Russ Grimm and Rickey Jackson for making it to the Pro Football Hall of Fame putting Pitt's total at 6 for members in the HOF.

6 > 5.

Go suck and egg PSUX!!!

Ok since you called us out on this

When Penn State wins more then 800 games, has had 3 10+ win seasons, 2 Conference Championships, 4 Bowl Wins, 2 BCS Bowl Appearances with a BCS Bowl Win in 5 years and compile a combined record of 51-13, let me know.

Just because you have more players in the hall of fame, doesn't mean you are a better program present day.

Dino 6 Rings
08-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Ok since you called us out on this

When Penn State wins more then 800 games, has had 3 10+ win seasons, 2 Conference Championships, 4 Bowl Wins, 2 BCS Bowl Appearances with a BCS Bowl Win in 5 years and compile a combined record of 51-13, let me know.

Just because you have more players in the hall of fame, doesn't mean you are a better program present day.

HA HA HA HA! Tell me fool, who is the next PSUX Hall of Famer? Seriously? Who in the NFL Right now, from PSUX is going to the Hall of Fame?

I have Curtis Martin from Pitt up next. That'll be 7.

I'll wait while you google your team's history to come up with some name you think might be worthy of getting into the HOF.

Go play in your own thread and enjoy temple again this season. Hey, let me know if you score more than 13 points at Ohio State this year ok?

Dino 6 Rings
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
3 from Pitt on lists for postseason awards
Monday, August 09, 2010
By Paul Zeise and Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Three Pitt football players have been named to watch lists for three of college football's top postseason awards.

Junior receiver Jon Baldwin and sophomore running back Dion Lewis are on the watch list for the Maxwell Award, which is annually presented to the outstanding collegiate football player in America.

Lewis is also one of 30 players on the watch list for the Walter Camp Player of the Year award.

Senior defensive end Greg Romeus has been named a candidate for the Chuck Bednarik Award, which honors the nation's top defensive player.

Semifinalists for the Maxwell and Bednarik Awards will be announced on Nov. 8 and three finalists for each award will be announced Nov. 22. The winners will be announced on Dec. 9.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10221/1078800-100.stm#ixzz0w98ahNBq

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
HA HA HA HA! Tell me fool, who is the next PSUX Hall of Famer? Seriously? Who in the NFL Right now, from PSUX is going to the Hall of Fame?

I have Curtis Martin from Pitt up next. That'll be 7.

I'll wait while you google your team's history to come up with some name you think might be worthy of getting into the HOF.

Go play in your own thread and enjoy temple again this season. Hey, let me know if you score more than 13 points at Ohio State this year ok?

Penn State I have Jeff Hartings up next to make it 6. Other guys that are in the league now could be one down the line if they can stay healthy such as Pos, Dan Connor, Jared Odrick, and Aaron Maybin.

Curtis Martin would be the guy I say will make it 7 for Pitt.

Let me know when you grow a pair and decide to play the National Champions of a year ago. Regardless of how good or bad your team is. Not to mention 2 teams who could be no. 1 ranked teams at the time of the game.

(Man does this remind me why in the hell I'd like to have a Penn State/Pitt game again.)

steelersfanman92
08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Pitt has the NFL's best corner and reciever in Revis and Fitzgerald respectivly, so I think they have a better chance of getting in the hall than guys that haven't done anything yet like the ones you listed.

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Pitt has the NFL's best corner and reciever in Revis and Fitzgerald respectivly, so I think they have a better chance of getting in the hall than guys that haven't done anything yet like the ones you listed.

I don't consider them locks. I am purely basing it off of their college carriers(Those not named Hartings). Revis and Fitz are going to be there(Thing is they're more established NFL Names). Penn State though has had guys enter the league who have potential to be there. We'll see what they do in the NFL.

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Let me know when you grow a pair and decide to play the National Champions of a year ago. Regardless of how good or bad your team is. Not to mention 2 teams who could be no. 1 ranked teams at the time of the game.

(Man does this remind me why in the hell I'd like to have a Penn State/Pitt game again.)

You signed up for that game prior to them being National Champs, but its bold, at least one of your out of conference schedule games has some meat to it. Pitt has ND, Miami and opens the season AT Utah, I'll put them against Bama anytime for scheduling tough games.

Any day. I was at the last Pitt vs Penn State game, it was great. Even though Harris woosed out and took a knee late in the game instead of going for another score when we were inside your twenty. I hated Walt Harris. At least now, I know the program is going to be solid as long as Dave is in charge.

SteelCityMan786
08-10-2010, 02:01 PM
You signed up for that game prior to them being National Champs, but its bold, at least one of your out of conference schedule games has some meat to it. Pitt has ND, Miami and opens the season AT Utah, I'll put them against Bama anytime for scheduling tough games.

Any day. I was at the last Pitt vs Penn State game, it was great. Even though Harris woosed out and took a knee late in the game instead of going for another score when we were inside your twenty. I hated Walt Harris. At least now, I know the program is going to be solid as long as Dave is in charge.

Originally I think that game was supposed to take place earlier in the decade when Alabama was still on probation. Well, now that appears to be a good move on Penn State's part. I think I will actually have a good idea of where this team stands for once going into conference season for once. One thing I will say, this schedule is better then last year, but could be better. It's better then future major opponents such as Virgina(2012-2013) and Rutgers (2014-2015). Although the conference schedule is going to be A LOT more tough with Nebraska in 2011. Just hopefully Delaney backs off on the whole not inviting Pitt to the Big Ten. I just don't see the Big East as a Football conference lasting much longer. Either that, or both sides administration will find a way to balance out their budgets and agree to an even deal. Joe Pa I know has said 2 for 1s, but again, he can probably still find schools who will agree to it and get Penn State it's 7 Home Games that he wants to get for them.

Pitt's non-conference also took a step forward this year with the signings of Miami and Utah. Notre Dame is a traditional team for Pitt to play although in recent years they have made some interesting games such as last year's. Miami I had a feeling just to kind of rekindle some of the old Big East Rivalries from before their move to the ACC.

Don't remind me. I was at that game and couldn't have been more frustrated with how Penn State's Offense played. Defense played lights out. The typical Jerry Sandusky Defensive play(In fact he's now the Defensive Coordinator at Central Mountain High School in Lock Haven, PA, and while I was in high school we put in all 3 match ups against his style of D 79 points), but the O couldn't put it in the Endzone. Especially after how well the rebounded against Louisiana Tech after losing to uggggh Toledo the week before. Although I was at that 1999 game(Which was my first Penn State game ever) and that game was fun as hell. In fact that's one of the many reasons why I want the rivalry to come back so badly. The games were back and forth, they don't like us, we don't like them type of things.

Dino 6 Rings
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
The Big 10 had been pretty much a 1 team Conference for the last 10 years or so. Ohio State and then eveyone else. They needed a team like Nebraska to join it to bulster OSU's argument for more national title appearances.

Big East is what it is, after Va Tech, Miami and BC bolted for the ACC, it was a hard go. Basketball heavy, football light at this point. I'd like to see a few more teams come in, Kick Rutgers right the hell out while we are at it since I think they are a drag on the conference and bring nothing with them but greazy hair gel from Jersey.

Oh, and I don't think Hartings gets into the HOF. No offense against the guy at all, he was a heck of a player, but 6 years as the Center for Pittsburgh and 5 as a guard for the Lions, 1 ring, 2 pro bowls. There are a lot of other Offensive Linemen that are not in the Hall with better resumes. It isn't an "I hate Penn State" thing either, I just don't see him getting in at this point when you actually look at the linemen that are in, and especially at the ones who are not.

Curtis Martin walks in the first year he is eligible. No one can argue his body of work. He's #4 on the All Time Rushing Leader Board, behind Emmit, Walter and Barry Sanders. He's in front of Bettis, Dickerson and Tony Dorsett. Thomlinson is the only RB in the top 10 still "active". Jim brown is #9. Faulk is #10. Martin walks in first year.

I'd love for the Rivalry to be brought back, but it won't happen til Joe Pa leaves. He's still pisssed that Pitt didn't go for his "all American Conference" that he was trying to put together back in the day. He then gave the 2-1 deal offer knowing Pitt would never go for that. Its just a ridiculous thing to ask a Rival to do. Just simply Ridiculous.

Once Joe is out of the picture (I'm guessing after this season is Bobby Bowden is done) Then they will bring back the game. I Don't doubt it for a second.

SteelCityMan786
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Keep in mind though that Penn State shared the Big Ten title with them in 2 of those years. However, I will admit they didn't exactly have smooth 2006&07, but still had a moderately ok 2009. Iowa has been getting up there. Otherwise yes, I would say you are right. Nebraska will be added to help Ohio State's case. However, they have been an embarrassing for the Big Ten in BCS Title Games.

When it comes to the Big East in general, if they chose to expand, remove Rutgers indeed. Although I'd like to see the Big East push for Villanova to move to I-A. That would give them 9 teams there. However, dropping Rutgers wouldn't hurt. Other teams I'd look for them to add would be Memphis(Strong Basketball, but hit and miss with Football), but there are others that could probably fit the Big East mold. However, I do agree with Zeise, you can not thrive as a hybrid conference for much longer. I personally won't be stunned if one day the teams who are holding the Big East upright eventually bolt(Pitt, WVU, and Syracuse). I just can't see this working forever. That would suck to because we'd be losing one of if not the greatest college basketball conferences.

Hartings I would say is the strongest candidate out of those who are retired. Although again there probably are others who would make more sense. Including from Penn State.

If Curtis Martin is held out of the Hall of Fame for more then 1 selection year(Meaning if not in by 2011, but 2012), then something is wrong.

That makes 2 of us. It will be one of these scenarios, either Joe leaves, or Pitt administration breaks. Joe Pa gone will likely be what happens in order for this game to happen. Bobby is already done.(Forced out in essence). Joe Pa could be gone after win 400.(And there are more then enough teams that could pave the way to 400 if Penn State doesn't screw it up).

steelerdude15
08-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Here's the schedule for the upcoming season, looks like the first game is on September 2, which is a Thursday. That's fine because it won't be till the next Thursday, that the season opener for the NFL begins. http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/221/pittsburgh-panthers

Dino 6 Rings
08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Pitt Notebook: Right guard, center spots not solidified

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10223/1079086-233.stm#ixzz0wPXwXqQ7

Pitt's interior offensive line is still a long way from where it needs to be in order for the Panthers to live up to their lofty preseason expectations.

But coach Dave Wannstedt isn't concerned yet because it is still early in training camp and he believes as things progress there will be some players who respond to the challenge.

As of now, however, there are major questions surrounding the center and right guard positions and Wannstedt said Tuesday there will be open competition at both throughout training camp and maybe even into the season.

"I would say the center position and the right guard position are still up for grabs," Wannstedt said. "It might even be a situation where we play a couple of guys every game, I don't know. Once we get the pads on and we start doing everything live from top to bottom, usually that is when some guys will start to separate themselves from the others."

The starters at center and right guard are Alex Karabin and Greg Gaskins but Wannstedt said the back-ups at both spots, Jack Lippert and Ryan Turnley, are challenging for a starting job.

"[Lippert] is in the mix," Wannstedt said. "He is doing a nice job. He is playing center now but he has the possibility of going to guard and Ryan Turnley is having a good camp, too. They are all young but we have some kids who are working extremely hard and the key is that they don't go backwards.

"As long as they are making progress day by day, that is all we can ask of him."

If there is good news along the interior it is that redshirt junior Chris Jacobson has progressed nicely and solidified himself as the starter at left guard. Wannstedt said that development means the Panthers are solid at three of the five starting line positions, which is a good start considering how early it is in camp.

Romeus out again
Greg Romeus sat out practice for the third day in a row with some sort of a mysterious injury which has been referred to by Wannstedt as merely "stiffness" and "soreness."

In addition to Romeus, safety Andrew Taglianetti has missed three days in a row with a groin injury but Wannstedt insists that both are fine and will be back in the lineup soon.

"Taglianetti came out and did some work in individual drills and I think Romeus is a lot better and that is all positive and everyone got through today [healthy]," Wannstedt said. "[Romeus] is OK, he is fine, he is just stiff. Hopefully tomorrow he'll start doing something."

Quick hits
Wide receiver Jon Baldwin was named to the watch list for the Biletnikoff Award. The award is given annually to the nation's finest receiver. ... Pitt will go in full pads for the first time today and Wannstedt said that it will certainly take a few more days for the offense to catch up to the defense because the speed of practice will be much faster. ... Tight end Mike Cruz went down on the final play of the practice with some sort of a leg injury but ultimately was able to walk off the field to the locker room, albeit with a slight limp. ... One true freshman who seems to be pushing for a spot on the two-deep is cornerback K'Wuan Williams, who took a number of snaps with the second team Tuesday. "It is too early to tell," Wannstedt said when asked about Williams progress. ... Romeus was named to the watch list for the Ted Hendricks award, which is given annually to nation's best defensive end. ... Pitt received a verbal commitment from St. Edward (Lakewood, Ohio) defensive end Deonte Gibson Tuesday night. Gibson (6-3, 225 pounds) chose the Panthers over scholarship offers from West Virginia, Stanford, Cincinnati, Michigan State, Colorado, Louisville and Kansas.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10223/1079086-233.stm#ixzz0wPY9Mz9a

Dino 6 Rings
09-01-2010, 08:13 AM
New Uniforms from Nike to be revealed today. Pitt on the list.

Style watch: Nike schools will be outfitted for tradition
Posted 22m ago | Comment | Recommend E-mail | Save | Print | Reprints & Permissions |

ShareYahoo! Buzz Add to Mixx Facebook TwitterMore Fark Digg Reddit MySpace StumbleUpon Propeller LinkedInSubscribe myYahoo iGoogleMore Netvibes myAOL
By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY
Nike plans to unveil new uniforms for 10 college football teams at an event in New York today. The schools — Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, Boise State, Miami, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia Tech and West Virginia — will wear them at least one game this season.
Page 3.0 got a sneak preview at of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms the Swoosh says are 37% lighter. Among the tweaks: the Buckeyes will wear red helmets for the first time since the late 1960s; the Hokies will wear black for the first time in a century.

Bill Jones, Ohio State's associate athletics director, says the design salutes the red leather-helmeted players of the 1942 Buckeyes team that won the school's first national title.

"Back then they wore (red) leather helmets," said Jones. "That was one of the things when we started working with Nike. We were not opposed to the red helmet at all. We want to come as close to possible to making those uniforms similar to '42. Our goal was to give it a 'leather look' for lack of better terms."

Details on the uniforms:

•TCU vs. Oregon State (Sept. 4): Horned Frogs open with Lizard-skin design uniforms.

•Virginia Tech vs. Boise State (Sept. 6): Hokies' black colors salute Corps of Cadets; Broncos' Silver and Blue echoes Broncos' blue turf.

•Florida vs. Georgia (Oct. 30): Gator-skin design uniforms.

•Alabama vs. Mississippi State (Nov. 13): Numbers with hounds-tooth check salute Paul "Bear" Bryant.

•Miami vs. Virginia Tech (Nov. 20): Hurricanes don 1970s throwbacks.

•West Virginia vs. Pittsburgh (Nov. 26): New duds for Backyard Brawl.

•Ohio State vs. Michigan (Nov. 27): Red helmets for Buckeyes.

•Oregon State vs. Oregon (Dec. 4): Beavers' throwbacks salute '67 team that beat Southern California, Purdue and Oregon.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2010-09-01-nike-uniforms_N.htm

steelerdude15
09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I guess no one else is watching the game? :noidea:

steelerdude15
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Very nice, second turnover for Utah. Come on guys, lets see what you can do.

steelerdude15
09-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Touchdown Pitt! Yeah Lewis!

steelerdude15
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Horrible break down of the defense. He was left wide open in the end zone. :doh2:

Nadroj 20
09-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Just so everyone knows...my heisman projection is Dion Lewis...and that prediction is coming from a Buckeye fan :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
What just happened, how did they just break down like that?

steelerdude15
09-02-2010, 09:56 PM
You guys have to score here!

zulater
09-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Overtime!

zulater
09-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Sunseri choked!:thumbdown:

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
MOTHER EFFING CRAP ON A FCKING CRACKER OF A GARBAGE EFFING GAME!!!

That is my breakdown of Pitts 3 point loss in OT to Utah.

EFFING CRAP SHIIIIT CRAP GARBAGE!

Year Six Dave and you can't win an opener on the road at Utah? WTF ARE YOU DOING!!!!!

Edman
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
If Pitt is ever going to be considered be an elite NCAA program, they can't lose games like this. Every year they lose games like this. Oh well, it's typical Pitt pulling off their usual bedshitting. Year Six for Wanny and nothing has changed.

Heisman candidate Dion Lewis? Held to a Career-Low 75 yards in 25 carries. He took himself out of the race early.

Pitt is and always will be an average football program. Beneficiaries of playing in a mediocre conference.

Nadroj 20
09-03-2010, 10:23 AM
If Pitt is ever going to be considered be an elite NCAA program, they can't lose games like this. Every year they lose games like this. Oh well, it's typical Pitt pulling off their usual bedshitting. Year Six for Wanny and nothing has changed.

Heisman candidate Dion Lewis? Held to a Career-Low 75 yards in 25 carries. He took himself out of the race early.

Pitt is and always will be an average football program. Beneficiaries of playing in a mediocre conference.

75 yards and 1 TD the first game has removed him from heisman hopes? I dont think so, Now if the o-line doesnt play well like last night all year then yea I can see him not even being mentioned at the end of the year, but I dont think you can say after a decent preformance hes out of the race.

SteelCityMan786
09-03-2010, 11:14 AM
75 yards and 1 TD the first game has removed him from heisman hopes? I dont think so, Now if the o-line doesnt play well like last night all year then yea I can see him not even being mentioned at the end of the year, but I dont think you can say after a decent preformance hes out of the race.

I am a PSU guy, and even I know that is below the standard of player Dion Lewis is. A guy with his talent usually gets at least 100 yards and maybe 2 TDs on average. But however, I do agree, that doesn't automatically mean he is out of the heisman discussion, although he will slip a bit. The thing to keep in mind is, this could be his only bad week of the year(and I have good feeling he will probably get contained by at least 2 more schools pretty decently before the year is over and my gut says Miami and Uconn are probably those teams. Not enough knowledge about WVU yet). Bottom Line is, if Pitt goes manages an 11-1 season, there is a pretty good chance Lewis gets the Heisman because of the fact HE will be the reason why they win ballgames. The only other big name playmaker they have is Baldwin, but he isn't going to win a Heisman.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2010, 12:19 PM
what's the saying...oh yeah...

Makes Me Wanna Puke!!!

that's how I feel about the mediocre game performance I witnessed last night by the ENTIRE Pitt Panther organization.

steelpride12
09-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Pitt coming through in the clutch...

Dino 6 Rings
09-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Pitt Football: Wannstedt says mistakes correctable
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
AP file photoDave WannstedtPitt coach Dave Wannstedt met with the media for the first time since the Panthers' 27-24 loss to Utah and said, after watching the game film, he feels a little better about the team's long-term prospects than he did immediately after the game.

He said the bottom line was the Panthers made too many mistakes, but those are easily correctable. Two mistakes, which resulted in Utah touchdowns, were a matter of miscommunication and inexperience.

"I was disappointed that we didn't play better," Wannstedt said Monday in his weekly teleconference. "But, if you look at it, we gave up two easy scores on defense because of mental mistakes, really. And twice we were inside the 10, and we had to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns. When you look at those four plays, however you want to divide them up, that was probably the difference in the game.

Saturday
• Game: Pitt (0-1) vs. New Hampshire (1-0), 1 p.m.

• Where: Heinz Field.

• Radio: KDKA-FM (93.7).
"I think we have to take the positives out of that. It was not easy on our team; it was probably as loud of a crowd and atmosphere as we've faced since I've been here, to be honest with you, and our kids will learn from that."

Wannstedt stopped short of any second-guessing of the coaching staff. The Panthers made four trips inside the red zone, but scored only one touchdown and played for a field goal toward the end of regulation instead of trying to get the ball on a fade pattern to standout receiver Jon Baldwin.

"We were very good last year [in the red zone] and we know what we have to do [once we get there]," Wannstedt said. "We had very few negative plays last year, but we got down there in the red zone and we hand the ball off and we lose three yards; so now it is second-and-13 and we throw the ball incomplete and here you go. That was one series where we went backward.

"The next series, we get down there and we jump offside and we get a five-yard penalty, and now all of a sudden you're back in a long-yardage passing situation again.

"It's really not the plays or what we're doing or the philosophy on how we want to score points; we hurt ourselves. We went backward two times in two different scenarios."

That might be true, but it does not explain not trying to get the ball to Baldwin when in the red zone. Pitt had 17 plays from there and never threw to its 6-foot-5 wide receiver.

The only drive the Panthers put together and scored on consisted of three passes to Baldwin, two which were complete, and a two-point throw to Baldwin.

Wannstedt was pleased with the progress that Tino Sunseri made as the game wore on. The first-year starter was 16 of 28 for 184 yards, a touchdown and an interception. After some first-half jitters, he seemed to settle down, although his interception came in overtime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray Fittipaldo's Ballot 9/7/10

Still, Wannstedt was happy with the way Sunseri played and said he is a player who should only get better.

"When that thing started and he walked out there, starting his first game with all of the variables, I thought that he got better, just from huddle control, got better from a communication standpoint on the sidelines, Wannstedt said.

"I thought he got more confident. By end of the game, there was no question he had a good feel for what they were doing and what we had to do from the standpoint of getting the ball to certain people.

"Every week he's going to improve, just like he did throughout the game. As I said at the beginning of the year, there's no easy way to do that. He can read all the Dan Marino magazines on how to play quarterback, and it's not going to help you personally. You have to go out and do it."

Wannstedt said Sunseri recognized what he did wrong on his untimely interception.

"Some quarterbacks come off and they don't understand what went wrong. He knew exactly what happened," Wannstedt said.

"He held the ball too long and probably should have thrown it out of bounds. He was the first guy to say it. Unfortunately, when you have a young quarterback and young players, there is a learning curve. As long as the curve is moving forward and upward, we're going to be fine."

There has been some second-guessing of the decision to switch the Utah game to the season opener instead of starting with a less formidable opponent, especially with a first-year quarterback.

"When you look around the country and see all the games that were played, I don't know of any nationally ranked teams that went and played another quality opponent, another ranked team on the road," Wannstedt said. "A lot of them played a neutral sites. We jumped into a hornets' nest out there; I'll be the first one to admit it.

"Would it have helped us to get a game under our belt? It's all hindsight. We didn't play well enough. If we don't give them a cheap touchdown and we punch one in, we've got a chance to win the football game, and I'd probably feel completely different. When you don't win, it's easy to sit back and say, 'Boy, it would be nice to have a game under our belt.' But we will learn from it."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10250/1085574-233.stm#ixzz0yqtjSaFj

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Friend of mine was at the game, gave me a report.

Pitt is in trouble, couldn't open holes in the running game at all. Had to use screens and shovel passes to move the ball at all against New Effing Hampshire. Lewis had 27 yards on 10 carries for the game. That's pathetic.

Even though Pitt was able to pass the ball, because they HAD to, my friend, at the game told me that Sunseri looks horrible out there and that he does not know how to make progression reads, he stares down the #1 receiver and always throws it that way without ever checking off or going through his reads. Not good at all.

Pitt could be in for a long season if those reports are accurate. Shouldn't be in this situation with a 6th year head coach. But apparently, the rebuilt O-line and the lack of talent at the QB position is going to hurt this team and cause headaches for Pitt fans all season.

Steel12
09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry Pitt fans...my Hurricanes are going to make it seem like the old Big East when we come into Heinz Field and destroy ya'll!

Dino 6 Rings
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorry Pitt fans...my Hurricanes are going to make it seem like the old Big East when we come into Heinz Field and destroy ya'll!

HA HA! Guess we'll see. Miami does play well at night, but I'm hoping we can just control the line of scrimmage and keep your Offense off the field with our running game.

steelerdude15
09-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah the same Hurricanes that left the Big East, screw the U.

steelerdude15
09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Tonight has been an absolute nightmare. :no:

steeldevil
09-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Hopefully Pitt plays like this against ND.

The Duke
09-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Man was that an awful game

steelersfanman92
09-24-2010, 05:39 AM
That was really hard to watch, but in all seriousness I think Bostick should at least be considered for the starting job.

SteelCityMan786
09-24-2010, 07:48 AM
That was really hard to watch, but in all seriousness I think Bostick should at least be considered for the starting job.

I don't get why he is not Pitt's starting QB in the first place. ESPECIALLY for games against Utah and Miami. You might be 3-0 if started, maybe 2-1 at the worst.

Dino 6 Rings
09-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Ok, officially. Sunseri needs to have his scholarship Revoked and booted off campus as of last night at Midnight. What I witnessed in the 1st 3 quarters of play last night made me sick to my stomach.

The Defense played great, other than the opening drive, they did their job. Held Miami to 17 points, before the offense actually got on the board, then held them to a 3 and out and a punt that was muffed and ended the game right then. That was the death nail.

Lewis needs benched. The kid apparently thinks too highly of himself and isn't running hard, Graham should get the start. He is running as if he's trying to earn a starting job, he made great cuts, hard runs and played lights out last night. Lewis needs to not start the next two games to get his head right.

Bostick should be named the starter today. Its sickening that he hasn't found the field when he was the QB in some of the biggest wins under Dave W. The kid can ball, sure he makes mistakes, but not being able to see the field and develop live situational skills is not his fault as much as it is the fault of the coaches loving Stull last year and then, falling in love with this Tino punk. Bostick needs to start the rest of the season, hell or high water. We need him to get game time for next season if we are even going to try and salvage the talent on this team NEXT YEAR.

The Defense lost a key player in Mason, but I think they will be able to hang with anyone left on our schedule. Its all about getting points.

5 or 6 three and outs in a row is completely unacceptable and people should lose starting positions over it and possibly their coaching jobs. Bottom Line.

I've been dissapointed in Pitt before, but last night, was a brutal effing nightmare of epic failure. I'm sickened by them right now.

Edman
09-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I know we've witnessed several Pitt bedshittings in the Wannstedt Era, but this was the worst. To come out like that at home completely unprepared and lethargic is disgusting.

Wanny is running out of excuses.

Steel12
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Miami's D is just really good. Nothing Pitt could've done...once we shut down the run, it was over because your QB is awful!

Dino 6 Rings
10-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Watching the Pitt game today...Sunseri makes me throw up everytime he takes a snap. Seriously...how can such a suck assss QB still be on the roster, let alone on the field?

13-10 at halftime over Florida International is a disgustingly poor showing.

Dino 6 Rings
10-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok, that 2nd half was much better. Complete running game domination. Graham with 3Tds and over 240+ rushing yards plus a ton of return yards.

Sunseri still sucks!!!

44-17 with 1:30 left.

Dino 6 Rings
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
After a day to deal with the Loss to the Rival Notre Dame. I can evaluate what I saw yesterday.

Sunseri SUCKS BALLS

that is all.

Akagi
10-11-2010, 01:14 PM
We went out to the game. I got torn, I went to Pitt but my daughter goes to Notre Dame so I'm a ND fan now. That being said, I want to see a great game, not just a close score but a good game.

WTF is it with Wannstedt? You got whoever you hand the ball to getting 8-12 yards a pop, and no one is stopping the running game; WHY EVEN THINK OF PASSING? Balance is bullshit; you don't get points for being balanced, you get points for crossing the end line.

Overall, it was a great weekend. I hope the Pitt fans who visited the ND campus had a great time, other than the game of course. I talked with a few who were having fun. The ND campus on game day feels like it's been moved back in time 75 years, other than the clothes and the cars. And the weather was fantastic.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Tino....Tino Tino Tino...you almost made me like you today.

17/24 with 4Tds 266 yards.

too bad it took you SIX EFFING GAMES TO LEARN HOW TO FCKING PLAY!

steelerdude15
10-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry guys I haven't posted in here in a while, but Tino looked great. I didn't get to see the games, but his stats were great. Let's just hope Lewis starts picking it up, I'm not asking for another 1,800 yard season, but a productive one.

hotrodder07
10-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry guys I haven't posted in here in a while, but Tino looked great. I didn't get to see the games, but his stats were great. Let's just hope Lewis starts picking it up, I'm not asking for another 1,800 yard season, but a productive one.

I was at the game, and Tino looked crisp and accurate all game. I was really impressed by him.

And Lewis definitely picked it up today. 17 rushes for 130 yards! It was a great showing from him for sure.

And does anyone have any clips online of Baldwin's amazing one-handed grabs? I saw them in person, but I wanted a closer look from a replay. They looked unbelievable, especially the one at the 2 yard line. If anyone has any links of that, please post them!

steelersfanman92
10-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Here are the highlights http://www.bigeast.org/BIGEASTTV/OnDemandFREE/TabId/367/VideoId/8920/Pittsburgh-41-Rutgers-21-Highlights-Courtesy-ESPN.aspx

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I got Tino Figured Out.

He can NOT Play games that are BIG GAMES, meaning nationally televised games.

At UTAH, He SUCKED
Vs Miami, He SUCKED
at ND, He SUCKED
at UConn, He SUCKED

Makes me sick. God dang I hate this kid as QB.

Pitt made a billion mistakes last night at Uconn, but if that jackoff can hit just some of those passes, the game wouldn't even have been close. Fcking Pathetic game by the Panthers...they are killing me. Just fcking killing me.

Dino 6 Rings
11-30-2010, 04:58 PM
GET SOME GOD DAMN PRIDE!

JESUS EFFING CHRIST!!!!

I have been disappointed before, but this entire season has been a fcking Nightmare. We had the Big East, in hand, with a bid to the Fiesta Bowl on the Line, just had to beat WVU and Cincy and we don't even effing show up for the FCKING BRAWL?????!!!!!!!

GET SOME FCKING PRIDE!

GET SOME FCKING GUTS!

GET SOME FCKING HEART!!!

You don't deserve to even go to the Pinstripe Bowl at this point. PITT should turn down ALL BOWL OFFERS From Embarressment. I'm disgusted with this season thus far. Just flat out sickened in my soul by Pitt.

Edman
12-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Dino, I don't know what you were expecting.

It's a Dave Wannstedt-coached team. Pitt to me will always be a tease.

steelerdude15
12-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Well, if we don't make a bowl this year, at least we are going out with a winning record. Next year I have a feeling we'll be much better. Tino will have more experience, I would love to see the two-punch running game with Lewis and Graham being used, our o-line improve on pass protection, and our defense make some wrap on people. Hail Pitt!
http://www.nflnewsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/Pitt-Football1.jpg

BPS3akaWirels3
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Wannstedt was informed around 2:00 pm today. that he has been fired. -- #Pitt (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Pitt).

steelerdude15
12-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Wannstedt was informed around 2:00 pm today. that he has been fired.
I was just about to post this. Anyways, here's a link. http://postgazette.com/pg/10341/1108955-142.stm
I really didn't want to see him leave. They don't know who will coach them for the bowl, dumb mistake.

steelersfanman92
12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I do not think that Wanny was that good of a coach, I disagreed with him more than not but where this will hurt the most is recruiting. There is no arguing that he was a great recruiter.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/204717268.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291763288&Signature=qty0dluCN9%2FgwKizLhnIcBeaiN4%3D

Last time you will see him with Pitt team as a coach. Just taken a few minutes ago.

steelerdude15
12-07-2010, 10:31 PM
What I think is so dumb is doing it right before a bowl, they should have at least waited till after to do it.

oneforthetoe
12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
What I think is so dumb is doing it right before a bowl, they should have at least waited till after to do it.

If it was a BCS Bowl I would agree with you. However, weighing all the factors, better to get a jump start on your search for a coach. In addition, given how there are no more secrets, rumors would have started flying that he might be let go which really could have hurt recruiting. My understanding is that Dave Wannstedt has the option to still coach the Bowl. I never thought Wannstedt was a very good coach but no one can rightfully question his loyalty to Pitt. I know he is staying on with a job at Pitt. So, I would think he would be urging all of recruits to stick with Pitt. And knowing his commitment to the University, it won't just be lip service.

SteelMember
12-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Wannstedt was informed around 2:00 pm today. that he has been fired. -- #Pitt (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Pitt).

Just read this...

I'm not a big Pitt fan (PSU), but I think this should have happened before they offered him an extension. He's not been good, and I think the team has reflected that. Sure, you got to three consecutive bowl games since what... the early eighties, but the biggest accomplishment in my eyes was beating a highly ranked WV team... playing the spoiler. Tough to just hang your hat on that.

Pitt has had some great talent over the years, but it has never lived up to expectations on the field, imo. They failed to win the "big games" when called upon. Sure, they could do a lot worse, but I think they weren't going anywhere if they keep him on.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but I think the Big East has been down with the losses of teams to the ACC, so I see no reason why Pitt should have struggled so much to win a title. Losing to UConn... seriously. In football. Not basketball... FOOTBALL! Come on.

I think they will be better. The change was needed at the very least.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
7-5 in Year six with a 2 game lead in the Big East with 3 to play and you blow it.

You are not good enough on game day Dave.

Sticking With Sunseri all season, when it was clear he was garbage in big spots cost Dave the season and lead to this firing. Two home blow out losses to Miami and West Virginia also hurts big time. You can put all the talent you want on the field, if you can't get them to perform on gameday, a change has to be made. I'm happy with the depth and the recruiting, but on game day, he just wasn't getting the job done. I loved the hire when it first happened and did in fact have high expectations. But 6 years later, with no Big East Title and No BCS Games, its clearly not going in the direction that we all had hoped for and honestly expected with such a hire.

Hail to PITT

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Here we are...and now the entire Pitt Athletic Administration is complete mess and the rumored number one guy we liked for the HC Job just signed on with our Rival to be their OC and future HC...

At this point...I'm sickened with this entire season.

steelerdude15
12-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't like our athletic director. I still say it was a dumb decision to make him resign before the bowl, at least do it after.

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Two Names at the top of the list now, Haywood from Miami (OH) and now I'm hearing Graham out of Tulsa got a call.

steelerdude15
12-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Two Names at the top of the list now, Haywood from Miami (OH) and now I'm hearing Graham out of Tulsa got a call.

The University of Pittsburgh is expected to hire Miami of Ohio head coach Michael Haywood to lead it its football program, sources said today.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/10349/1110881-100.stm#ixzz18EL3XsLg

SteelMember
12-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Pitt hires Miami of Ohio's Haywood

Pitt hired Miami of Ohio coach Michael Haywood as its next head football coach Wednesday, and he is expected to be introduced today by Pitt athletic director Steve Pederson.

Haywood is expected to bring his assistant head coach, Bill Elias, with him to join the Pitt staff. Elias also was the recruiting coordinator and linebackers coach for the Redhawks.

Haywood is known as a fiery guy and a disciplinarian, and his pregame speech from the Redhawks' 23-3 win against Temple in a key MAC-East game earlier this season has become a Youtube sensation because of the passion and energy with which he delivered it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10350/1111171-233.stm

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Interesting Hire, everything I hear is that he's a "shirt and ties" type of guy that is serious about discipline and dress right dress type of attitude.

steelersfanman92
12-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone excited for the Compass Bowl? This is a tough one for me, Pitt has always been my favorite team but I will being going to UK next year and went to the same high school and played football with UK's QB. I can't wait to see the game.

vader29
12-31-2010, 06:25 PM
New Pitt football coach arrested in Indiana

Newly named Pitt football coach Mike Haywood has been jailed on domestic battery charges in Indiana, jail officials there have confirmed.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10365/1114730-142.stm#ixzz19jqqkyA0

:no:

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Holy Effing C-RIST! On a Cracker!

Coach in jail!!!

I...I can't even begin to understand this type of event...omfg...just...holy crap...what the FUUUUUUCKKKKK!!!!!!???????????

HometownGal
01-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Sickening aint it? :horror: I almost choked on my coffee when I heard it on the radio this morning.

Edman
01-01-2011, 05:38 PM
When it comes to DV, everyone loses.

This is just embarrassing for Pitt Football, but you get what you pay for.

vader29
01-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Well he's gone, now they have to search for a new coach again:

New Pitt football coach released from jail, fired

The University of Pittsburgh fired its new football coach late today, shortly after he was released from jail in Indiana after being charged with domestic battery.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11001/1114965-142.stm#ixzz19pXjw6Ie

steelerdude15
01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
I wasn't happy when I heard this and I wasn't expecting Pitt to fire him this quick. I'm happy they did, but I would have probably waited till after court. Here we go again with having to look for another coach. Wouldn't it be ironic if Dave was rehired, I know it's not going to happen at all, but it would be ironic.

steelersfanman92
01-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Is there a record for shortest stint as a coach?

touchdownward
01-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Is there a record for shortest stint as a coach?
I don't know what the record is, but George O'Leary, after lying on his resume, was Notre Dame's coach for only 5 days.

steelerdude15
01-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't know what the record is, but George O'Leary, after lying on his resume, was Notre Dame's coach for only 5 days
That must be the record. :lol:

JayC
01-02-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d61251/article/university-of-pittsburgh-interested-in-bengals-coach-lewis?module=HP_headlines

steelerdude15
01-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Your kidding me right?

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I wasn't happy when I heard this and I wasn't expecting Pitt to fire him this quick. I'm happy they did, but I would have probably waited till after court. Here we go again with having to look for another coach. Wouldn't it be ironic if Dave was rehired, I know it's not going to happen at all, but it would be ironic.

Only way that happens is if they fire the AD Pederson. Which...at this point...could actually happen.

Dino 6 Rings
01-02-2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d61251/article/university-of-pittsburgh-interested-in-bengals-coach-lewis?module=HP_headlines

Marvin Lewis? what a weird turn of events that would be. Could actually help recruiting having an NFL guy again...but to have to cheer for him after years of dogging him in Cincy...that would be strange.

rookie phenom
01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is on the short list of candidates to take over the University of Pittsburgh's football program, a league source said Sunday.

Lewis was emotional following Sunday's 13-7 loss to the Ravens.

"I can't answer where things are for me," he said after the game. Responding to questions about his future with the team, Lewis said, "officially today I'm unemployed," ending with a laugh. <link---> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d61251/article/university-of-pittsburgh-interested-in-bengals-coach-lewis?module=HP_headlines

rookie phenom
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
I think this would actually be a good hire. Lewis would definitely be able to install a pro offense (not sure if Dave Wannstedt already had a pro style offense installed) , but anyways this would definitely give Pitt a big name coach who would definitely lure in highly ranked high school players.

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Still a complete mess in Pittsburgh...geesh

Pitt puts focus on BBVA Compass Bowl -- at last

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Pitt players, at least a select few, were made available Tuesday to the media for the first time since Dave Wannstedt was forced to resign as coach Dec. 8, and those who spoke all said they were "disappointed" that Wannstedt would not be coaching the Panthers Saturday in the BBVA Compass Bowl.

Wannstedt announced his decision not to join the team Monday at a news conference, saying the main reason was that he did not want to be a distraction and wanted the players to be the focus, not the fact that it was his final game as the Panthers' coach.

The players understood where Wannstedt was coming from and know he still supports them, but that does not mean they totally agree with the decision

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11005/1115568-233.stm#ixzz1ABLDXyIo

steelerdude15
01-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Our program is just a mess right now.

oneforthetoe
01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Welcome to - Who wants to coach the Pitt Panthers?

On on our last show our current champion Michael Haywood was playing the bonus round. Unfortunately, he hit a double whammy and was eliminated. However, Michael Haywood will not go home empty handed. Michael Haywood, for lasting in the job for almost a month, you get an all expenses paid trip to the lovely St Josephs County Jail in South Bend, Indiana, where you and a guest will enjoy long walks to and from cafeteria, group massages and romantic full cavity searches. Good Luck

Charlie we need another contestant.

Rich Rodriguez, come on down .... your the next contestant on - Who want's to coach the Pitt Panthers?

cakmakli
01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Welcome to - Who wants to coach the Pitt Panthers?

On on our last show our current champion Michael Haywood was playing the bonus round. Unfortunately, he hit a double whammy and was eliminated. However, Michael Haywood will not go home empty handed. Michael Haywood, for lasting in the job for almost a month, you get an all expenses paid trip to the lovely St Josephs County Jail in South Bend, Indiana, where you and a guest will enjoy long walks to and from cafeteria, group massages and romantic full cavity searches. Good Luck

Charlie we need another contestant.

Rich Rodriguez, come on down .... your the next contestant on - Who want's to coach the Pitt Panthers?

Haha. This was a great post.

It would be like Bizzaro World if Rodriguez came to Pitt. Three years ago who would have even thought it was a possibility?

Dino 6 Rings
01-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I'd have a harder time cheering on Rich Rod than I would have for Marvin Lewis...

steelerdude15
01-08-2011, 05:53 PM
BBVA COMPASS BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Great performance by a bunch of kids that showed pride and hard work. They could have easily given up on the Game and not bothered showing up to play with all the crap happening in the Athletic Department, instead, they went to their bowl, played their guts out and kicked the shit out of an SEC Team.

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Coach Hired...again...

Pitt's search ends with hiring of Tulsa's Graham

The University of Pittsburgh hired Tulsa head football coach Todd Graham as its new coach Monday, ending an extraordinary 34-day search that began with the firing of Dave Wannstedt, then the hiring and firing of his replacement.

Mr. Graham, 46, will be introduced in a news conference at 3:30 p.m. today at Pitt's football facility on the South Side.

He is considered one of the best offensive coaches in the nation. Tulsa, which finished 10-3 this past season -- including a 62-35 victory against Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl Dec. 24 -- finished fifth in the nation in total offense. Twice, in 2007 and '09, Tulsa led the nation in total offense.

Pitt director of athletics Steve Pederson said in a statement from the university that he was "thrilled" Mr. Graham had agreed to take the Pitt job.

"His innovative, creative and energized approach to football makes him an exciting leader for our program," Mr. Pederson said. "He has a proven track record of success at all levels of football, and his wealth of experience on both sides of the ball gives him a unique set of credentials."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11011/1117054-233.stm#ixzz1AjukvTWb

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11011/1117054-233.stm#ixzz1AjueTXPx

steelerdude15
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Pitt football coach Todd Graham announced his staff officially today but there were few surprises as most of the assistants who would be joining his staff were already known.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/11018/1118856-142.stm#ixzz1BS2a47Jj
It's a little busy in Pittsburgh for sports tonight.

steelerdude15
08-10-2011, 11:50 PM
College football is getting close.... Hey fellow Pitt fans, does anyone like our new coach? I like him a lot and he seems to bring a very positive attitude to the team. Training camp just opened a couple of days ago. Here's to a good season! :drink:

Pitt opens camp today under new coach Todd Graham

Lofty goals and big numbers have been Pitt coach Todd Graham's talking points since January, when he brought his brand of "high-octane" football to Oakland.

Pitt defensive end Brandon Lindsey has set 15 sacks as his goal for the season.

Receiver Mike Shanahan does not have an exact number in mind for how many touchdowns he would like to score, but he believes the Panthers can average more than 40 points per game.

Lofty goals, big numbers.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11220/1165954-233.stm#ixzz1Uh0ga0q7

oneforthetoe
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
ACC here we come. It is official.

Should be interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/09/18/acc.expansion.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a3&eref=sihp

steelersfanman92
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM
So that game yesterday was pretty embarrassing there is no way Pitt should have blown that lead, the defense was embarassed in the 4th

Dino 6 Rings
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
I didn't think Pitt was going to win going into the game. I went in hoping for a good game. Then I sat through 3 quarters and thought 'heck this could be huge for the program'!

Then the fourth quarter happened and it was like watching a favorite fish slowly die. You watch and see play after play of flopping around and gasping for breath and you realize there is nothing you can do as the oxygen is cut off and the time between breaths gets longer and longer.

Yeah, it felt like that.

Dino 6 Rings
09-18-2011, 10:25 PM
ACC here we come. It is official.

Should be interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/09/18/acc.expansion.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a3&eref=sihp

Yes very interesting. I worry about Dixon and our basketball recruiting, but for football, it will be good. I'd like to see USF jump in as well. They are a fun team and good fanbase for any conference and would be a good balance against FSU in Florida.

Hindes204
09-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't like it

That's all I have to say

oneforthetoe
09-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes very interesting. I worry about Dixon and our basketball recruiting, but for football, it will be good. I'd like to see USF jump in as well. They are a fun team and good fanbase for any conference and would be a good balance against FSU in Florida.

The scuttle butt is that Rutgers and UConn could be next. The ACC wants the big Northeastern Cities.

I'm not so worried about Dixon's recruiting. i think Pitt has earned a good rep under Dixon that will keep the recruits flowing. I worry about the officiating. The defensive physical style that Pitt plays may not fly with ACC officials.

X-Terminator
09-19-2011, 12:56 AM
I think this will be great for Pitt in both football and basketball - especially basketball. They instantly become one of the better teams in the conference along with Duke and North Carolina. Football will probably struggle for a little bit, but their recruiting should be much better in the long-term being in a showcase super-conference.

I am surprised, though, that WVU didn't apply to the ACC first, but I think they will end up in the SEC. They pretty much HAVE to make the jump now to save their programs.

steeldevil
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the ACC Pitt fans! I think it was a great move for you guys. The BE is going down fast. ACC will probably go after the UCONN convicts and Rutgers eventually. I'm dreaming about Texas, but I doubt it... The ACC will probably have no interest in WVU unless we have no other choice.

I'm excited for Duke to play Pitt in basketball and for Duke to play a football game at Heinz Field! Of course who knows what the rotation will be so it may be a while!!

Dino 6 Rings
09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
If WVU stays out of the ACC, then Pitt and WVU need to come to some type of agreement like Clemson and South Carolina have where we get to keep our rivalry in football entact.

oneforthetoe
09-19-2011, 11:19 AM
If WVU stays out of the ACC, then Pitt and WVU need to come to some type of agreement like Clemson and South Carolina have where we get to keep our rivalry in football entact.

This ..... don't let this rivalry go the way of the one with Penn State.

SteelCityMan786
09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't like it

That's all I have to say

Why? Pitt wouldn't be a part of a BCS Conference most likely if they stayed in the Big East. That conference plus the Big XII are doomed.

I think this will be great for Pitt in both football and basketball - especially basketball. They instantly become one of the better teams in the conference along with Duke and North Carolina. Football will probably struggle for a little bit, but their recruiting should be much better in the long-term being in a showcase super-conference.

I am surprised, though, that WVU didn't apply to the ACC first, but I think they will end up in the SEC. They pretty much HAVE to make the jump now to save their programs.

Pitt just saved themselves a whole lot of trouble jumping to the ACC. Although my hope was that they would head to the Big Ten, Jim Delaney was going to have none of that especially with Penn State giving them a foot hold in Pittsburgh already. Either way, the ACC has just become the best basketball conference to be in what likely will be 2013 or 14(which ever year their 27-month notice would go into effect.)

WVU won't be there because of academics most likely. They belong in the SEC.

oneforthetoe
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Why? Pitt wouldn't be a part of a BCS Conference most likely if they stayed in the Big East. That conference plus the Big XII are doomed.

Pitt just saved themselves a whole lot of trouble jumping to the ACC. Although my hope was that they would head to the Big Ten, Jim Delaney was going to have none of that especially with Penn State giving them a foot hold in Pittsburgh already. Either way, the ACC has just become the best basketball conference to be in what likely will be 2013 or 14(which ever year their 27-month notice would go into effect.)

WVU won't be there because of academics most likely. They belong in the SEC.

I agree with this. Pitt saved themselves. It is like being on the Titanic as the last of the lifeboats filled up. It's not like Pitt knocked the women and children out of the way, but it sure didn't hesitate to jump on before the rest of the men.

As far as WVU, I am not buying the academic argument, considering that I am convinced that a majority of the football players at Miami think "academics" are something that gives you flu like symptoms and that you have to take a pill to cure. WVU doesn't add anything recruiting wise to the ACC, since they have Pitt. WVU does, on the other hand, help the SEC conquer another recruiting region. This is about higher money not higher education.

I am afraid that if the ACC goes to 16 teams it is unlikely that the Pitt/WVU rivalry will continue. If you only play 12 or 13 games a team will have to play 7 games against their ACC division rivals and two or three against the other ACC division. That leaves room for very few non-divisional games.

steeldevil
09-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I agree with this. Pitt saved themselves. It is like being on the Titanic as the last of the lifeboats filled up. It's not like Pitt knocked the women and children out of the way, but it sure didn't hesitate to jump on before the rest of the men.

As far as WVU, I am not buying the academic argument, considering that I am convinced that a majority of the football players at Miami think "academics" are something that gives you flu like symptoms and that you have to take a pill to cure. WVU doesn't add anything recruiting wise to the ACC, since they have Pitt. WVU does, on the other hand, help the SEC conquer another recruiting region. This is about higher money not higher education.

I am afraid that if the ACC goes to 16 teams it is unlikely that the Pitt/WVU rivalry will continue. If you only play 12 or 13 games a team will have to play 7 games against their ACC division rivals and two or three against the other ACC division. That leaves room for very few non-divisional games.

The ACC does take academics very seriously believe it or not. Not saying academics is the most important thing in this expansion, because its not, but it is very important to the ACC. That is why I have been saying the whole time that we won't be getting WVU, and lots of people agree with me. WVU's academics are awful. Guess thats what happens when you let just about anyone from West Virginia with a high school diploma into the university...

I would love Notre Dame to come to the ACC, because I like them in football too along with Duke, but that is not gonna happen... Texas and Oklahoma would be nice, but again, probably not gonna happen. Uconn, Rutgers, and USF would be the best choices I guess.

steelerdude15
09-19-2011, 09:32 PM
One of the only good things I see out of this is better recruitment.

Dino 6 Rings
09-23-2011, 10:48 AM
LETS GO PITT! BEAT NOTRE DAME!

steelersfanman92
09-23-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't know if anyone caught this on espn but it is pretty good http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7007950

steelerdude15
09-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Let's go Pitt!

steeldevil
09-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Go Irish!

steeldevil
09-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Geez... Guess this will keep happening all year.

Count Steeler
09-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I like both of these teams. Hard to pick the one I want to win. Go Irish Panthers.

Hindes204
09-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Touchdown!! Nice drive after the penalty

steeldevil
09-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Tommy Rees drives me crazy....

They will find a way to screw this up...

BigNastyDefense
09-24-2011, 02:05 PM
LETS GO PITT!!!! I hate Notre Dame.

Dino 6 Rings
10-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Still in shock over the win against South Florida...woah...I hope to see more of that this year.

steelersfanman92
10-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Pitt finally played a good game and showed what they can do, if they played like that against ND and Iowa they would be a top 25 team. I just hope they keep it up through big east play.

Hindes204
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
That was a fun game to watch...after the first USF drive and score, I wasnt hopeful. Then after that it was all Pitt

Dino 6 Rings
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
and in typical Pitt fashion of late...follow up a huge victory by laying a gigantic egg in New Jersey...fcking Pitt...

steelerdude15
10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Has anyone noticed when Pitt loses, the Steelers win, but when Pitt wins, the Steelers lose? Strange...

steeldevil
10-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Has anyone noticed when Pitt loses, the Steelers win, but when Pitt wins, the Steelers lose? Strange...

In that case I hope Pitt loses every game remaining.

Hindes204
10-15-2011, 02:12 PM
That was an absolutely embarrassing offensive performance by PITT today

zulater
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I had to turn it off after the fumble. What an awful game that was to endure.

Edman
10-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Let's play the Panthers tank every game from here on out.

Either way. This season being yet another Pitt washout I can't pin on Coach Graham. He's working with Chicken **** to run his offense. Tino Sunseri is not and will never be a good Quarterback an any offense.

zulater
10-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Dave Wannstedt obviously didn't leave a great team behind, but I'll tell you what, they wouldn't be this bad if he had remained. Graham doesn't impress me even a little bit.

steelerdude15
10-16-2011, 12:03 AM
The best player on the team is Ray Graham who has a future. He's a junior who could possibly return next year and play again. Tino is better this year than last, but still doesn't impress me that much, like the rest of you. Sadly, we lost a lot of talent last year to the draft and even more the year before. I would expect a few hiccups in the road with our new coach because he's new. It's going to take time for him to get this system in the heads of the players. Pitt hasn't had the great of recruiting for many years, but that changed when a local high school player committed to Pitt on Friday. He's a top twenty five prospect in the country and was looked at by Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, and Miami (FL) just to name a few. He's already rushed for over one thousand yards in five games as a senior in high school.... that's right, over one thousand yards in five games. I'm excited about Rushel Shell and what he can bring to this team. Plus recruitment is going to get better because of our new coach and we'll be heading to the ACC.

Dino 6 Rings
10-24-2011, 12:53 PM
6 wins, that's all I need for Pitt this year. I have a bet going with an over under win total of 5.5. Its for $1 and is parlayed with another bet that has the Miss State Bulldogs winning no more than 6.5 games.

Come on Pitt, just get to 6 wins.

Hindes204
10-24-2011, 03:26 PM
6 wins, that's all I need for Pitt this year. I have a bet going with an over under win total of 5.5. Its for $1 and is parlayed with another bet that has the Miss State Bulldogs winning no more than 6.5 games.

Come on Pitt, just get to 6 wins.

I see us losing to Cinc, Syracuse, and W. Virginia.......We can beat Uconn and Louisville. That would leve us at 5-7. We could play well and beat one of the first three, but its a toss up at this point. Itll be close

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I see us losing to Cinc, Syracuse, and W. Virginia.......We can beat Uconn and Louisville. That would leve us at 5-7. We could play well and beat one of the first three, but its a toss up at this point. Itll be close Losing to CIncy by a field goal pretty much wraps up my bet as a loss. Maybe I can get a Cuse and Louisville win but its highly doubtful we'll nab both of those.

LETS GO PITT!

steelerdude15
11-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Pitt had a nice victory today... off to West Virginia. :mad:

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Pitt had a nice victory today... off to West Virginia. :mad:

No kidding! 5-5! I may win the bet (for $1 Dollar) after all with the OK State Fan I work with. I just need 6 wins, and then I double down and if Miss State can't get more than 6 wins, I win $2 bucks! Sweet...LETS GO PITT! Give me just one more win on the year!

West Virginia is very under impressive this year. They have lost games they "should have won" on paper. Not sure if they are struggling with the talent vs new system or what over there, but I thought they'd run away with the Big East this season.

Hindes204
11-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Sophomore QB commits to Pitt (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/30893-sophomore-qb-commits-to-pitt)Ever since the Pitt football team offered Chandler Kincade a scholarship in August, Kincade knew Pitt was the place for him.
Today, he let Pitt know.
Kincade is only a sophomore at Blackhawk High School, but made a verbal commitment to Pitt. Kincade and Blackhawk coach Joe Hamilton called Pitt coach Todd Graham this morning to give him the news............

Kincade is 6 feet 5, 218 pounds, has loads of potential and is a very good athlete.

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/30893-sophomore-qb-commits-to-pitt (http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/30893-sophomore-qb-commits-to-pitt)

The kid is only 16 so a lot can happen in the next few years, but from what I hear from people back home who have watched him play the kid is the real deal.

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Sophomore QB commits to Pitt (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/30893-sophomore-qb-commits-to-pitt)Ever since the Pitt football team offered Chandler Kincade a scholarship in August, Kincade knew Pitt was the place for him.
Today, he let Pitt know.
Kincade is only a sophomore at Blackhawk High School, but made a verbal commitment to Pitt. Kincade and Blackhawk coach Joe Hamilton called Pitt coach Todd Graham this morning to give him the news............

Kincade is 6 feet 5, 218 pounds, has loads of potential and is a very good athlete.

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/30893-sophomore-qb-commits-to-pitt (http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/30893-sophomore-qb-commits-to-pitt)

The kid is only 16 so a lot can happen in the next few years, but from what I hear from people back home who have watched him play the kid is the real deal.

Wow at his size alone. Thats a big kid!

Hindes204
11-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Wow at his size alone. Thats a big kid!

No shit, 6'5, 218 at 16 years old is ridiculous.

Dino 6 Rings
11-14-2011, 12:29 PM
I also have a feeling we'll be getting some more kids from Cental PA here soon committing to us. Some Linebackers and Linemen for sure. Something just tells me our competition for Talent in Central and Eastern PA has changed a bit.

Hindes204
11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I think the upcoming move to the ACC will increase recruiting for football and basketball. At first I didnt like it, Im not a fan of change, but its growing on me.

steelerdude15
11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
I think the upcoming move to the ACC will increase recruiting for football and basketball. At first I didnt like it, Im not a fan of change, but its growing on me.
The recruiting is already better under Graham. We've gotten quite a few good people.

steeldevil
11-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Yep, playing for a real league will help. :grin:

steelerdude15
11-25-2011, 09:31 PM
So sick of it, just so sick of it. I'm tired of this team not being consistent at all. You can never trust this team to keep a lead. Our offense just stalled completely after the first half, our defense in the fourth quarter. How can you force three turnovers and sit there and score two field goals and go three and out. Just sick of it. I know it might sound like I'm making excuses, but I'm tired of Tino's inconsistency. He could have easily scored another touchdown if he didn't throw the ball behind his player. Stop holding the ball as well, you're doing too much. One more thing to add to the shit list of this sports year. Fuck West Virginia, fuck the University of West Viriginia, fuck the students there, and fuck the inbreds that live in that white trash state.

X-Terminator
11-25-2011, 09:41 PM
So sick of it, just so sick of it. I'm tired of this team not being consistent at all. You can never trust this team to keep a lead. Our offense just stalled completely after the first half, our defense in the fourth quarter. How can you force three turnovers and sit there and score two field goals and go three and out. Just sick of it. I know it might sound like I'm making excuses, but I'm tired of Tino's inconsistency. He could have easily scored another touchdown if he didn't throw the ball behind his player. Stop holding the ball as well, you're doing too much. One more thing to add to the shit list of this sports year. Fuck West Virginia, fuck the University of West Viriginia, fuck the students there, and fuck the inbreds that live in that white trash state.

Nice rant. We like you too.

steelerdude15
11-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Nice rant. We like you too.
Why hide the feelings? We hate you guys and you guys hate us. I hate WV with a burning passion, nearly as much as the Ravens.

X-Terminator
11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Why hide the feelings? We hate you guys and you guys hate us. I hate WV with a burning passion, nearly as much as the Ravens.

Ah, but you see, I don't hate Pitt. I was a Pitt fan long before I went to WVU and became a fan. I haven't stopped being a Pitt fan, so when the BYB is played, I root for both teams. Weird, I know, but that's the way it is for me.

steelerdude15
11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Ah, but you see, I don't hate Pitt. I was a Pitt fan long before I went to WVU and became a fan. I haven't stopped being a Pitt fan, so when the BYB is played, I root for both teams. Weird, I know, but that's the way it is for me.
No hard feelings my friend. :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
11-25-2011, 10:02 PM
No hard feelings my friend. :thumbsup:

None here either. :drink:

steelerdude15
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Well, after taking a well needed walk with my dog, I've cooled down a bit. It's time for a better quality post. Yes, I'm upset that Pitt lost to its biggest rival, but this could be the last time they meet. Anyways, Pitt certainly has some issues to deal with in the offseason and I hope they're addressed. While a lot of us Pitt fans won't give any credit to Tino and even though I personally feel he can be inconsistent from time to time, he deserves more credit than whats given. He has improved compared to last season and seems to be showing more heart at the same time. One thing that hurts is that this team has lost talent to the draft last year and also injury this year. I like the fact that Tino tries to be a play maker, it sometimes doesn't happen. Another thing is with coach Graham, I expected some hiccups in the road since this is a new regime. I expect next year will be better and hopefully will produce better results. Ray Graham will be back then from his ACL injury to be a senior and I'm sure that Tino will be starting as well. We have one more game this season against Syracuse, so here's hoping for a win next week for a .500 record. :drink:

BigNastyDefense
11-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I can't believe they fucking choked it away against the Mountainqueers!

Dino 6 Rings
11-29-2011, 01:37 PM
seriously...3 4th quarter melt downs on the year, borderline 4 total melt downs. If we had anything that resembled a 1/2 way servicable QB we might actually be a legit team this year.

anyway, one game to go, finish at 6-6 and its a non losing year.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I won my dollar bet. Over Under was 5.5 on wins, I took the Over, I won a buck! sweet! Lucky Me!

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Holy Crap...

Pitt is just Doomed to never be awesome again...

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-panthers/2011/12/14/2635800/todd-graham-pitt-arizona-state-coaching-search-rumors

After going 6-6 and making a Bowl game in his first year at Pitt, Todd Graham QUITS for the Arizona State Job...Doomed.

steelersfanman92
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I am really not that upset by Graham leaving, I am not a fan of his and I would prefer to have a coach come in and install an oldschool Pitt offense that the team is built around.

steelerdude15
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I was shocked to hear that he was leaving, but apparently he's done this before. I don't like the way he left and the way he told the players. That's not right. That's not right for the players and us, the fans. I hope Pitt can finally hire a good coach that will stay for a long time.

vader29
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah sending a text to tell your players you quit is pretty sad, what is he 10 years old?

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2011, 09:32 AM
He's a piece of shiiit for the way he left. Total Douchbag Move. I had bought into his system and his plan, I defended this guy a lot in conversations with friends and what not, backed him up and what not, to just bail after less than 1 year for another job that isn't even an upgrad, I mean..AZ State is not a Better job...its just fcked up.

cakmakli
12-15-2011, 10:44 AM
He's a piece of shiiit

Funny you should say that.

Graham: High-octane piece of excrement

By Jeff Oliver, VALLEY INDEPENDENT
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Last updated: 10:00 am

The red flags should have come up when Todd Graham accepted the Pitt job, his third in seven years, immediately after Pitt had hired and fired a new coach.

The red flags should have come up when Graham was always so quick to throw players — especially beleaguered quarterback Tino Sunseri — under the bus when things didn't go well with the Panthers.

But, for all the character and credibility issues that Graham displayed in his brief stop in Oakland, nothing best describes what kind of person he really than his actions on Wednesday.

Under the cloak of secrecy, he went after the vacant Arizona State job against Pitt's wishes (even though he promised his players recently that he wasn't going anywhere) and once he got his claws on it, he notified his players via e-mail from an assistant who received a brief text message from Graham saying he was leaving.

Via second hand e-mail.

The guy didn't even have the intestinal fortitude to face the Panthers and tell them he was bailing on them after less than one season.

In his text message, Graham said circumstances prohibited him from meeting with the team in person.

Really?

He was the pick at ASU (well, actually the third, fourth or fifth option, depending on who you talk to).

He had the job.

How important was it for him to bolt from Pittsburgh at noon instead of, say, 4:30 p.m., so he could at least talk with his players face to face?

Wow.

Read more: Graham: High-octane piece of excrement - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/sports/s_772139.html#ixzz1gceE8plp

steelerdude15
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201112/90t00mvg_500.jpg

Yep...

steelerdude15
12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Man, the Pittsburgh media is slamming him. He was supposed to give a speech to his former players, but one of them warned him not to come.

steelerdude15
12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Todd Graham has 'regrets,' including taking Pitt job last year

Arizona State coach Todd Graham expressed remorse for the way he left Pittsburgh but still defended his decision in a wide-ranging interview with CBSSports.com.

Graham also said his mistake wasn’t leaving Pittsburgh, but rather taking the job in the first place.
Todd Graham has regrets from his one season as Pittsburgh coach. One is the manner in which he left. Another is taking the job in the first place. (AP Photo)

Graham resigned from his job at Pittsburgh after one season while pursuing the Sun Devils’ coaching position and informed his players via text message, through an intermediary.

"I do feel bad,” Graham told reporter Dennis Dodd. “They hammered me about text messaging. I did it because I wasn't going to have them find out on the news. It makes me sick. It was one day of getting your head kicked in and probably deservedly so. I was sure willing to do that because this is the first time in 26 years of coaching it benefitted my wife. It benefitted my kids.

“I'm not saying I didn't make a mistake. I'm not saying I didn't have any regrets. I think the mistake was making the move (to Pittsburgh) in the first place.”

Graham’s move spurred negative dialogue from across the country, a faction that certainly included current Pitt players.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-12-21/todd-graham-leaving-pittsburgh-text-message-arizona-state-head-coach#ixzz1hEwFN9Gu

What a fucking prick, have fun at a football program that's worse.

steelerdude15
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Wannstedt promoted by Bills, named defensive coordinator

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Dave Wannstedt is taking over as the Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator. Coach Chan Gailey maintains his trust in quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

And surprise, surprise, Gailey hasn't entirely shut the door on bringing back receiver Stevie Johnson -- so long as he keeps in check his colorful and oft-questionable touchdown celebrations.

Wasting little time, Gailey spent Monday charting an offseason course mixed with both change and continuity in a bid to turn around the Bills (6-10) after their seventh consecutive losing season. It was a year in which Buffalo got off to a surprising start before closing with a familiar thud by losing eight of its last nine, including a 49-21 loss at New England on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12003/1200907-66.stm#ixzz1iPuvBtBh
At least he's keeping his self busy. Good for him.

steelpride12
01-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Fuck Graham seriously what a scum bag for what he did. Not his first time either hmm. I feel bad for ASU when another college offers him a fatter check. Welp Bowl game against SMU on Saturday, GO Pitt. So happy I transferred to UPG because I love Pitt and I get season tickets for $25.

steelerdude15
01-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Fuck Graham seriously what a scum bag for what he did. Not his first time either hmm. I feel bad for ASU when another college offers him a fatter check. Welp Bowl game against SMU on Saturday, GO Pitt. So happy I transferred to UPG because I love Pitt and I get season tickets for $25.
I've never been to a Pitt game, but hopefully I'll be able to either this fall or next year when I plan on moving to Pittsburgh.

Dino 6 Rings
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
For the third time in roughly a year, Pittsburgh has officially named a new head coach.

In a press release that’s certainly second nature to the sports information folks at the school by now, the Panthers confirmed previous reports that Paul Chryst has been named as its head football coach. The now-former Wisconsin offensive coordinator will replace Todd Graham, who left earlier this month for the Arizona State job after just one season at Pitt.

Chryst, who interviewed for the job that ultimately went to Graham, will be officially introduced at a 3 p.m. ET press conference Thursday afternoon.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/22/chryst-officially-tabbed-as-pitts-new-coach/

steelpride12
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm excited about Chryst. I hope he brings what Graham did because I liked the fast paced offense and a tougher attitude about the team and the game. I'm just excited about Saturday, GO PITT!

steelerdude15
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Hopefully he can finally make this a stable program.

steelpride12
01-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I've waiting too long for this organization to electrify. I have no hope in Sunseri though I'm sorry. Too inconsistent to ever lead this team to a descent bowl game. Well see what happens. 3 days till we beat SMU!

steelerdude15
01-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Pitt's Nix in legal scrape

Pitt senior tackle Lucas Nix was charged with three summary offenses for his role in an incident on Dec. 26 in Pleasant Hills Borough.

Nix, who was not arrested and was mailed his charges, has been charged with public drunkeness, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

Pitt interim head coach Keith Patterson issued the following statement about Nix's status for the Panthers bowl game Saturday

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12005/1201593-100.stm#ixzz1ieWsWmIi

What the journalist DOESN'T tell you, is that the incident involved WVU players and I BET nothing happens to them.

steelerdude15
01-06-2012, 11:00 AM
This is what Pitt has been up to, good to see they're making a small difference in these kid's lives:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150476091612503.364590.52370832502&type=1

steelerdude15
01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
This is what Pitt has been up to, good to see they're making a small difference in these kid's lives:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150476091612503.364590.52370832502&type=1

Dino 6 Rings
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM
LETS GO PITT!

hope for the Players sake they can stay focussed and put forth a good game tomorrow.

steelerdude15
01-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Let's go Pitt!!!

steelerdude15
01-07-2012, 01:40 PM
yep....

steelpride12
01-08-2012, 07:35 PM
LOLOLOLOL OMG Pitt is falling apart. Even the basketball team has lost 3 straight.

Dino 6 Rings
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
LOLOLOLOL OMG Pitt is falling apart. Even the basketball team has lost 3 straight.

Yep tough year for Pitt. But it could be worse...at least Im not a Penn Sandusky U fan!

steelerdude15
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, I hope that next year will be better. I hope our new coach can make a huge difference and bring stability. I'm really looking forward to have Graham back and our new recruit, Rushel Shell.

steelpride12
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Yep tough year for Pitt. But it could be worse...at least Im not a Penn Sandusky U fan!
I agree I always joke with my PSU buddies about how pride I am to be going to Pitt haha. Season tickets will be ordered in March for next season. $25 for students with a parking pass for each game, tail gate party tickets, and a Pitt T-shirt. Damn good deal!

steelerdude15
01-11-2012, 12:00 AM
I agree I always joke with my PSU buddies about how pride I am to be going to Pitt haha. Season tickets will be ordered in March for next season. $25 for students with a parking pass for each game, tail gate party tickets, and a Pitt T-shirt. Damn good deal!

That's an awesome deal. It just makes you wonder how much more or cheaper everything would be if they sold more tickets. I wonder how much season tickets are for non-students?

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2012, 08:45 AM
I wish I could travel up there more often. I haven't seen Pitt in a while. I think next year I'll fly up to the Burgh for a weekend with my 3 year old and take him to his first game.

Yep, think I'll do that.

steelpride12
01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
That's an awesome deal. It just makes you wonder how much more or cheaper everything would be if they sold more tickets. I wonder how much season tickets are for non-students?
They are rediciolius. I think it runs around $50-75 for a regular lower bowl seat. For Pitt HA!

steelerdude15
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
They are rediciolius. I think it runs around $50-75 for a regular lower bowl seat. For Pitt HA!

I definitely want to become a season ticket holder then. That's awesome.

steelpride12
01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
I know this is Pitt football, but man are we hurtin' in college basketball as well. I had the mindset if we upset Syracuse last night we could get back on our feet. Nope.

steelpride12
01-22-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Pitt_Panthers/Pittsburgh_Panthers_Navy_Blue_Classic_Twill_II_Pul lover_Hoodie_Sweatshirt Coming in about a week :)

steelerdude15
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Pitt_Panthers/Pittsburgh_Panthers_Navy_Blue_Classic_Twill_II_Pul lover_Hoodie_Sweatshirt Coming in about a week :)

That's a really nice sweatshirt.

Dino 6 Rings
01-30-2012, 08:41 AM

It is a great shirt, thanks for the post!

steelerdude15
02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Sixteen new recruits round out Pitt's first class with Chryst

Sixteen high school seniors officially signed to play for Pitt Wednesday, completing incoming coach Paul Chryst's first recruiting class.

The group includes six players from WPIAL schools, and was ranked by Rivals.com as the fourth-best class in the Big East. While most of the class committed to Pitt while Todd Graham was still the head coach, Chryst and the new staff have worked over the past month to turn verbal commitments into official letters of intent.

The class is highlighted by four players listed as four-star talents by Rivals: offensive lineman Adam Bisnowaty (Fox Chapel High School), running back Rushel Shell (Hopewell High School), Deaysean Rippy (Sto-Rox High School) and Chad Voytik (Cleveland, Tenn. High School).

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12032/1207396-100.stm#ixzz1lARXyf6z

Good for Pitt!

steelerdude15
02-03-2012, 09:40 PM
ACC plugs Pitt, Syracuse into scheduling plans

Pitt fans can get ready for a basketball rivalry with Maryland and a renewal of the old Big East football rivalry with Virginia Tech. Those are two of the highlights of the future scheduling formats the Atlantic Coast Conference approved Friday at its annual winter meetings.

Pitt will play in the ACC Coastal Division in football along with Virginia Tech, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Duke and North Carolina.

Syracuse will play in the ACC Atlantic Division along with Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina State and Wake Forest.

Under the new format, Pitt nd Syracuse will play annually in football.

In men's and women's basketball, Pitt will be playing Maryland twice a year, home and away. The Terrapins are Pitt's primary partner in the new scheduling format. The other partnerships are Boston College and Syracuse, Clemson and Georgia Tech, Duke and North Carolina, Wake Forest and North Carolina State, Florida State and Miami, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12034/1207900-100.stm#ixzz1lNg91JUR

One more rivalry for the Pittsburgh-Beltway rivalry.

steeldevil
02-03-2012, 10:54 PM
ACC plugs Pitt, Syracuse into scheduling plans

Pitt fans can get ready for a basketball rivalry with Maryland and a renewal of the old Big East football rivalry with Virginia Tech. Those are two of the highlights of the future scheduling formats the Atlantic Coast Conference approved Friday at its annual winter meetings.

Pitt will play in the ACC Coastal Division in football along with Virginia Tech, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Miami, Duke and North Carolina.

Syracuse will play in the ACC Atlantic Division along with Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, North Carolina State and Wake Forest.

Under the new format, Pitt nd Syracuse will play annually in football.

In men's and women's basketball, Pitt will be playing Maryland twice a year, home and away. The Terrapins are Pitt's primary partner in the new scheduling format. The other partnerships are Boston College and Syracuse, Clemson and Georgia Tech, Duke and North Carolina, Wake Forest and North Carolina State, Florida State and Miami, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12034/1207900-100.stm#ixzz1lNg91JUR

One more rivalry for the Pittsburgh-Beltway rivalry.

I'm sure the Twerps will still think Duke is their rival.... Like their coach just said last week.

Dino 6 Rings
02-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Curtis Martin and Chris Doleman into the Hall of Fame!

HAIL TO PITT!

http://online.wsj.com/article/APa3952416583a49d49950d1d6155729bf.html

That makes it 8 PITT players in the HOF

steelerdude15
04-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Pitt Blue-Gold spring game: Bennett sparkles in Chryst plan

Pitt wrapped up spring practices with its annual Blue-Gold scrimmage Saturday, but afterward new head coach Paul Chryst called the spring practice session "just the start."

The Panthers scrimmaged for two hours in front of a crowd of 4,607 at North Hills High School's Martorelli Stadium in West View. It wasn't a traditional spring game with the team split into two sides. Players substituted in and out constantly, and no score was kept.

The spring game marked the culmination of Chryst's first 15 practices with the team, and allowed the players to show off the improvements they have made over the past month of practices.

"We've grown a lot," running back Isaac Bennett said. "Everybody, we've bought in."

Bennett put up the most impressive numbers, carrying the ball 23 times for 121 yards. On the third series of the game, he ripped off a 51-yard run down the left sideline.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-football/pitt-blue-gold-spring-game-bennett-sparkles-in-chryst-plan-631397/

I'm really excited to see what Chryst brings to Pitt. I'm looking forward to it and the running game. I hope our running game explodes with Graham, Bennett, and our new recruit Shell who was rated as one of the best. I also liked what I read on QB Myers. That's impressive and hopefully he can take over for Sunseri.

steelerdude15
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Pitt signs first Indiana football recruit in decades

Pitt received a verbal commitment from Plymouth (Ind.) Offensive lineman Dan Samuelson Tuesday. Samuelson, 6-6, 295, chose the Panthers over offers from Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois and Wake Forest.

If he does indeed sign with the Panthers, he is believed to be Pitt's first scholarship player from the state of Indiana in at least 42 years. He is the fourth player and second offensive lineman from the class of 2012 to commit to the Panthers.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/pitt-signs-first-indiana-football-recruit-in-decades-633039/

I like this because he's a big guy. I hope he fully commits.

Dino 6 Rings
07-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Pitt pays a little extra to join Atlantic Coast Conference
July 19, 2012 9:56 am
Share with others:
inShare. By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pitt's move to the Atlantic Coast Conference is now official. The Panthers will become members of their new conference in less than a year.

Pitt will join the ACC on July 1, 2013, and will pay a total of $7.5 million to exit the Big East. The Panthers are paying an additional $2.5 million to leave one year early.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/pitt-pays-a-little-extra-to-join-acc-645231/#ixzz21eQpO6Gm

steelerdude15
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Pitt pays a little extra to join Atlantic Coast Conference
July 19, 2012 9:56 am
Share with others:
inShare. By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pitt's move to the Atlantic Coast Conference is now official. The Panthers will become members of their new conference in less than a year.

Pitt will join the ACC on July 1, 2013, and will pay a total of $7.5 million to exit the Big East. The Panthers are paying an additional $2.5 million to leave one year early.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pitt-big-east/pitt-pays-a-little-extra-to-join-acc-645231/#ixzz21eQpO6Gm

Yup, saw this earlier. Looks like we'll be playing in the ACC next year.

steelerdude15
08-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Alright my fellow Pitt fans. Tomorrow is our first game and I'm really looking forward to this season. I'm looking forward to Coach Chryst's debut and I'm extremely excited to see how its going to turn out. The WR is back and healthy, our offensive line looks to be healthier and stronger this year, and of course Graham will be back at running back soon. Hail to Pitt!

steelpride12
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Today should be a great game and hopefully a good warm up game for the rest of the season. Excited about Chryst and what he can bring to this team and the team is finally healthy and the day Graham comes back will be a happy day! H2P!

steelerdude15
09-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Well, I definitely expected some hiccups, but tonight was pretty bad. Both turnovers took away two great scoring chances and Tino still overthrows a lot. The biggest problem was the defense. Horrible, horrible, horrible performance. YSU just destroyed the Pitt offense. I'm worried about the rest of the season.... already.

steelerdude15
09-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I hope that steelpride and I aren't the only ones that will be posting in this thread this year...

steelpride12
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah, that was a horrid game to watch... pretty scared the defense couldn't even handle a team like YSU.

steeldevil
09-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow.... I'm SO glad the ACC added Pitt and Syracuse... :dizzy:

Must have just been a basketball move. I thought Pitt was better than that. Shows how much I pay attention to BE football.

There, someone else posted in this thread. :lol:

steelerdude15
09-02-2012, 07:53 PM
What everyone seems to not realize about YSU is that they're actually a really good team. They've given Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan State trouble in games as well. I had a feeling this was going to be tough, but not like it was. Between the defense missing tackles and not being able to stop them period and Sunseri overthrowing wide open people several times, there is not much that could be said.

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Welp, I hate when you can tell 2 games in, this may be a long season.... Sunseri is well, himself still. Not accurate, falls apart on 3rd down. The defense was suppose to be top notch, but if you see the hole against Cincy you will be worried too. 7-0 Cincy...

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Sunseri get's sacked, fumbles, Cincy ball. I know Cincy has been damn good for years in the BE, but damnnn this is some prime time embarrassment.

zulater
09-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Paging Bobby Petrino!

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 07:20 PM
14-0 Cincy. WOW. There literally is 0 defense.

zulater
09-06-2012, 07:23 PM
This will be the worst Pitt team of my lifetime.

Awful, just fucking awful. Not only does the coach need to go, but Steve Pederson needs to be gone yesterday!

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 07:27 PM
This will be the worst Pitt team of my lifetime.

Awful, just fucking awful. Not only does the coach need to go, but Steve Pederson needs to be gone yesterday!
No doubt. I laughed pretty hard in the off-season at the lack of "smart" moves made by this team. Absolutely a mess and tonight will be a damn good example. Sunseri is garbage, I'm sorry. I hope the kid does will this season for Pitt, but he won't.

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Pitt is like the Steelers in the OL. Horrible OL, never recruit good kids from high school and an example is Sunseri getting sacked more than anyone last season. Oh don't throw it away in FG Tino, just get sacked 20 yards back...

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Sunseri, nice INT with a chance to cut the Cincy lead....

zulater
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
No doubt. I laughed pretty hard in the off-season at the lack of "smart" moves made by this team. Absolutely a mess and tonight will be a damn good example. Sunseri is garbage, I'm sorry. I hope the kid does will this season for Pitt, but he won't.

The Panthers went 7-5 with Sunseri as a Sophomore. And were in virtually every game.

Gee maybe they shouldn't have canned Wannstedt after all!

Fire Pederson!

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
The Panthers went 7-5 with Sunseri as a Sophomore. And were in virtually every game.

Gee maybe they shouldn't have canned Wannstedt after all!

Fire Pederson!
He's bad. The Cincy QB has no issue tearing up our defense in his first NCAAA game ever.

zulater
09-06-2012, 08:22 PM
He's bad. The Cincy QB has no issue tearing up our defense in his first NCAAA game ever.

I'm not saying he's good. I'm just pointing out that he's regressed since Wannstedt was fired.

They should fire Pederson and see if Wannstedt would come back.

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm not saying he's good. I'm just pointing out that he's regressed since Wannstedt was fired.

Oh I'd prefer Wannstedt over many coaches out there. It all went down hill after he left.

Count Steeler
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM

Can't see him leaving the Bills just yet. He has some nice new toys to play with this year.

steelpride12
09-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Ray Graham has 100 yards tonight, at least we have him.

steelpride12
09-15-2012, 08:21 AM
#13 VT coming to Heinz Field today, I know it doesn't look good, but hell with it LET'S GO PITT!

steelpride12
09-15-2012, 11:41 AM
14-0 Pitt, wow Sunseri and the defense both so far looking amazing, Ray Grahams juke for his TD run was killer!

steelpride12
09-15-2012, 12:39 PM
21-3 at halftime with 3 takeaways for the Panther defense, loving this right now! Gotta hold it together for two more quarters!

steelpride12
09-15-2012, 02:16 PM
35-17 Pitt in the 4th! Wow a total effort today from them today, the offense pushed VT around all day and even if VT scored, Pitt would come right back and take a larger lead.
The Pitt defense showed what they are capable of, being damn good and the turnover ratio is what will win this for them.

The seasons not over yet!

Hail To Pitt!

X-Terminator
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Damn impressive win by Pitt. So what the hell happened in their first 2 games??

steeldevil
09-15-2012, 04:12 PM
VT is good for a few laughs every year. Their fans always seem to think that "this year" is the year they step up from pretty good to elite. It'll never be that year... They are always good for 10 wins, but they never have what it takes to be one of the big boys.

tube517
09-15-2012, 05:30 PM
VT is good for a few laughs every year. Their fans always seem to think that "this year" is the year they step up from pretty good to elite. It'll never be that year... They are always good for 10 wins, but they never have what it takes to be one of the big boys.

Not all of us think this year or every year is THE year. So you go laugh all you want. Beamer has built up the program about as much as he could since the ruins of the late 80s. No way we will be in the same leagues of Alabama LSU USC etc.

Sent from a jive turkee

X-Terminator
09-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, as a WVU and Pitt fan, I'm always happy to see VT get slapped around. :wink02: See ya next year, Turkeys!

tube517
09-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Well, as a WVU and Pitt fan, I'm always happy to see VT get slapped around. :wink02: See ya next year, Turkeys!

Got no issues w/that.

Most of my hate goes UVA's way as I have friends and HS classmates that went there. The holidays bring annual smack talk between us.

steeldevil
09-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Not all of us think this year or every year is THE year. So you go laugh all you want. Beamer has built up the program about as much as he could since the ruins of the late 80s. No way we will be in the same leagues of Alabama LSU USC etc.

Sent from a jive turkee

I got no problems with VT really. I honestly wish an ACC team would rise up to elite level and maybe even win a NC in football. FSU looks like they may this year.

The only thing I had against VT was Greenburg as the bball coach. Total Douchebag. Not too bad a coach though. Pretty funny when he got fired for having VT on the bubble every year. They wont do any better...

steelerdude15
09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Yesterday's win was an extremely impressive and much needed win. I wasn't able to watch the game, but they seemed to have been firing on all cylinders. I definitely watch a replay of it on ESPN 3 tomorrow.

steelpride12
09-16-2012, 03:15 PM
This is exactly what we need from the defense each week. We have to take all the pressure off of Sunseri because he won't be always able to win games, but then again him and Graham handled the VT D all day!

Dino 6 Rings
09-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Impressed and shocked. Hopefully Pitt can build on the win and keep recruits interested for the future of the program.

steelpride12
09-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Pitt and Gardner-Webb today at 3:30 EST. An 0-3 team that Pitt should handle easily, let's so hope. After lasts weeks big win this is their chance to start getting some more wins under their belts and salvage this season, GO PITT!