PDA

View Full Version : Lets go pitt

Pages : 1 [2]

steelerdude15
09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm currently finishing up watching the replay of the game from Saturday and it was a great performance by Pitt. Other than a few mishaps, Pitt absolutely dominated the entire game. The geam looks much better these past two games then they did the first two. The defense is making tackles and are creating turnovers, more than once the past two games at that. Tino is definitely throwing with more accuracy and seems to have more patience in the backfield. I'm also happy to see all three running backs being used with Ray getting most of the touches. Heading into a bye and then time to play 'Cuse in a Friday night game.

steelerdude15
10-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Even though Pitt lost tonight, there were definitely some bright spots. First off, Tino had yet another great game. NO ONE better put the blame on him for losing tonight. Yes he did have a couple of penalties against him, but he extended a lot of plays and made plays that needed to be made. Not going to lie, it reminded me of Ben. Devin Street was also another positive. He had a great game and practically caught everything that was thrown his way. He had one excellent catch where he didn't just get one foot down, but got both down after having to jump up for the ball. That is pretty impressive for a college player. Also, gotta love the play of NT Aaron Douglas tonight. He was one fire tonight, just killed it!!! I haven't seen such a dominant performance in a while and that's going back to Jabaal Sheard a couple of years ago. Other than the face mask penalty, he definitely made it tough on the 'Cuse o-line. Another great effort was by CB K'Waun Williams. He made a few tackles that helped stop a few drives and also had the interception in the endzone.

When it boils down to it, I'm blaming this one on player execution. The playcalling was good for the most part, but the execution was sub par. The o-line was manhandled for majority of the night by the 'Cuse d-line, and they had four or five sacks. Our defense also couldn't stop them in the first half and played better in the second half. However, they allowed drives to continue. The fumble, dropped passes, missed field goal, and penalties is what hurt the most. They have to work on this big time. Tough homecoming game against Louisville on the thirteenth coming up.

steeldevil
11-03-2012, 05:00 PM
ugh Pitt may be about to ruin my Irish's chance at a national championship! Fuck!

Count Steeler
11-03-2012, 06:56 PM
ugh Pitt may be about to ruin my Irish's chance at a national championship! Fuck!

Ohh so close, but not close enough. Irish win in 3OT.

steeldevil
11-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Thank Goodness...

Dino 6 Rings
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN IT!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Stupid...just Stupid

Oh and TINO SUCKS

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid...just Stupid

Oh and TINO SUCKS

Dino 6 Rings
11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
LETS GO PITT

Dino 6 Rings
08-27-2013, 04:30 PM
HAIL TO PITT!

steelerdude15
08-27-2013, 10:18 PM
I figured this thread was dead :chuckle:

SCSTILLER
09-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Pitt-FSU on ESPN right now! Tied up at 7 and Pitt had a great first drive. I have to go to bed though for two reasons, first is that I cannot stand the verbal blowjob that the announcers are giving FSU and their awesomely spectacularly impressive freshman QB, and secondly, I have to get up in the early morning. With that said, Go Pitt, shut the announcers up!

steeldawg
09-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Tied because savage did his best brett favre impression.

Edman
09-03-2013, 08:11 AM
New Conference. Same Old Pitt Panthers.

steelerdude15
08-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Let's see if we can get this thread going again. The Panthers open up today against Delaware. Delaware is a pretty good program and I can definitely see them giving Pitt some trouble. I think Pitt wins today with strong running and decent defense. Hail to Pitt!

Hindes204
08-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Forgot all about this thread....I'm in

tube517
09-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Question about Tyler Boyd. Is he any good? I've got him on my College Fantasy Football team.. I don't watch Pitt football or college football closely enough for fantasy football. I'm just helping out an old high school classmate fill out his league. I do know he hurt his finger last game

Hindes204
09-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Question about Tyler Boyd. Is he any good? I've got him on my College Fantasy Football team.. I don't watch Pitt football or college football closely enough for fantasy football. I'm just helping out an old high school classmate fill out his league. I do know he hurt his finger last game

IMO one of if not the best WR in college right now. He has been practicing so the injury shouldn't be an issue. He should put up pretty good numbers for you

tube517
09-05-2014, 08:32 AM
IMO one of if not the best WR in college right now. He has been practicing so the injury shouldn't be an issue. He should put up pretty good numbers for you

Thanks Hindes!
This is Good to know. I am starting him for this week/tonight.

steelerdude15
09-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Pitt has had a good start to the season. The defense has played well for the most part with Todd and Anthony doing a great job at the linebacker position. Those guys are fun to watch. Also, this might be the best offensive line Pitt has had since the late seventies/ early eighties. They're big and strong and opening up holes for the run game which has been fantastic. I'm really impressed with Pitt and how they're playing. I hope they keep it up.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2014, 08:20 PM
LETS GO PITT!!!

tube517
11-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I need Tyler Boyd to get some TD's vs Duke! High scoring game so far...

zulater
11-30-2014, 07:36 AM
Well I'm glad Pitt got bowl eligible by beating Miami. It's a big thing for a team to get those extra practices you get by extending the season.

steelerdude15
12-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Pitt to play Houston in Armed Forces Bowl

Pitt accepted a bowl to play in the Armed Forces Bowl Sunday, where the Panthers will face Houston.

The game will take place in Fort Worth, Texas on Jan. 2 with a noon, eastern, kickoff.

Pitt finished the year 6-6 (4-4 ACC) and clinched bowl eligibility in its final game of the season with a 35-23 win against Miami on Nov. 29. The Panthers are going to a bowl game for the seventh consecutive season.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2014/12/07/Pitt-to-play-Houston-in-Armed-Forces-Bowl/stories/201412070217

This is good for Pitt. The extra practices will benefit the team; especially since this is such a young team. My question is, who in the Hell decides to schedule a game on a Friday in the middle of the day?

X-Terminator
12-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Well, Paul Chryst goes back to Wisconsin, and as a result, Steve Petersen was fired as athletic director. So now they're looking for a new coach AND AD. Not a good day for Pitt football.

crcsnail
01-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Another game I can see in UK as they are now showing it live. Pitt just gone up 24-6 .they look by far the stronger team . Tricky conditions but QB playing well .

Wow what do I know ! Gave up 29 points in 4th quarter , unbelievable!

Hindes204
01-02-2015, 06:14 PM
They laid down on that one......terrible

SCSTILLER
01-13-2015, 05:43 PM
From what I have been reading this Coach Narduzzi is pretty impressive. Plus, he pretty much has his staff built and is ready to roll. Let's see if he can get Pitt to the elite of the ACC.

Dino 6 Rings
09-14-2016, 01:14 PM
HAIL TO PITT

Edman
09-24-2016, 11:15 PM
Pitt demonstrated once again that when you don't play to win, you lose.

Inexcusable loss to UNC.

steelerdude15
11-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Gotta love yesterdays win against Clemson. Beating an undefeated team that was ranked #2 in the AP poll and #3 in the coaches' poll. Pitt never quit and kept grinding to a victory. This was definitely Pat's signature win so far (even better than the Penn State victory).

Dino 6 Rings
05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
HAIL TO PITT!

BurghBoy412
09-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Could Pitt pull off the upset today?

vader29
12-31-2018, 05:15 PM
Fire Narduzzi! 0-3 in Bowl games.