PDA

View Full Version : How often will they use no huddle?

TeeTee
07-21-2015, 01:28 PM
I am OK if they don't use it exclusively, but more is better than less. I would love to see them do what the Kelly-Thomas-Reed Bills used to do which was if the safety came up, throw, if he lines up deep, run. It was simple but very prolific.

Bell is a special back. He receiving skills are RAC ability are killer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjyMn02buw0

Steelman
07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Ben: "I trust whatever Todd wants to do."

polamalubeast
07-21-2015, 01:33 PM
I would like to see the steelers be more often up-tempo with the talent of this offense, but it will never happen under Tomlin or Haley.

86WARD
07-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Whatever they did last year. Repeat.

TeeTee
07-21-2015, 03:23 PM
Whatever they did last year. Repeat.

Which part, 86Ward? At the beginning of the season, it was a horrid offensive game plan. It was so many bubble screens, they were mostly wasted downs. After Bryant got in, they started throwing it down the field more; that is the offense I want to see, not that dentist-chair, pulling teeth bull shit. They scored a whopping 6 points vs. Balt. week 2. Scored 24 vs. lowly Bucs week 4, which wasn't enough to win. Offense only scored 10 vs. lowly Jags (but D gave us a pick 6 to seal that win), then only scored 10 vs. the Browns the following week. Then, in week 8, they went nuts and dropped 51 on Indy and then dropped 43 on the Ravens week 9 (and then fell back to earth to score a lame 13 vs. the Jets in another painful Tomlin loss to a terrible team, which is far too common. In the games we went nuts on the scoreboard, they took shots downfield. Less bubble screens, more shots downfield. And a nice mixture of Bell touches. Ben, Bell, Brown, Wheaton, Bryant, Miller = potent.

tube517
07-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Haley has adopted the Arians approach. All talk. No action unless they face a team with a losing record, in which case, that's an automatic 28 points spotted on the weak opponent.

ALLD
07-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Less choreography and more windows down wide open.

Mojouw
07-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Less choreography and more windows down wide open.

Isn't that the Al Davis offense? ;)

polamalubeast
07-22-2015, 06:03 PM
I would love to see them do what the Kelly-Thomas-Reed Bills used to do which was if the safety came up, throw, if he lines up deep, run. It was simple but very prolific.

Yes or maybe be inspired by the greatest show on turf with the rams in 1999 to 2001

Unfortunately I think Tomlin and Haley are too conservative for that....The Steelers must think about winning with the offense and forget about the time of possession

86WARD
07-23-2015, 05:58 AM
They may not be able to forget about the time of possession with what they have on defense...let's be honest, as the defense is right now, sight unseen, on paper...it's not looking good. The back end is a mess, a potential disaster. The LB corp has one bright spot out of 4...really, there are 4, maybe 5 guys out of 11 that are dependable...at this stage? They may need to eat up some clock to keep that defense off the field...

polamalubeast
07-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Yes, but the best way to protect a defense is to score points as often as possible....Not be too conservative when you have the lead.Not play the field position too.

The Steelers should try to win with the offense and not with the defense and sometimes Tomlin seem to forget......Just have to look at the game against the buccanners last year

86WARD
07-23-2015, 09:38 AM
But if you do it "too fast", you wind up with a tired and over played defense.

polamalubeast
07-23-2015, 11:06 AM
I do not want than it be fast like the Eagles, but I do not want that it be too slow too

Mach1
07-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Uptempo and stand at the line till the play clock hits 2. :nervous:

zulater
07-23-2015, 11:55 AM
To answer the question the thread poses. Not enough for Ben or the fans liking. :lol:

Seriously last year it wasn't used as much, but that had a lot do with losing Sanders and Cotchery. Now that Bryant, Wheaton, and LeVeon have more time in the offense expect it a good bit more this season.

ALLD
07-23-2015, 02:24 PM
He did everything to not lose instead of trying to win. I think he also tries not to peak too early in the season which can be a weakness.