PDA

View Full Version : 10 AFC players with make or break seasons(Jarvis Jones is on the list)

polamalubeast
07-20-2015, 03:41 PM
10. Jarvis Jones, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker
The Steelers need their young players to step up. This is an organization that used to develop young players slowly, and often watch them ripen in their third or fourth season. Cameron Heyward and Jason Worilds are two recent examples of this working out for the team, but Worilds' surprise retirement leaves the Steelers thin at outside linebacker. Drafted as a pure pass rusher, Jones has barely been visible the last two seasons. The Steelers also drafted Bud Dupree and have James Harrison still hanging around, but they could desperately use Jones improving.

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000502695/article/10-afc-players-with-make-or-break-seasons

SteelerFanInStl
07-20-2015, 05:28 PM
I agree with them. It's time for Jarvis to step up.

Rotorhead
07-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I actually Cortez is the difference maker to this season, I think we will go as Cortez goes for defense. If he becomes our true #1, hello AFCN and playoff run, if not it will be a long year with a playoff chance.

86WARD
07-21-2015, 12:54 PM
I actually Cortez is the difference maker to this season, I think we will go as Cortez goes for defense. If he becomes our true #1, hello AFCN and playoff run, if not it will be a long year with a playoff chance.

Cortez or Jarvis - which is more important to the Steelers success of defense for 2015...I tend to lean towards Cortez as well. Even if he returns and is a solid, SOLID number 2 CB talent, the backend of the D will take a major jump IMO.

SteelerFanInStl
07-21-2015, 05:29 PM
I'm not sure where you guys are getting this "difference maker" stuff. That's not what the article is about. It's about these individual players who need to finally show that they can do what they were drafted to do.