PDA

View Full Version : Week 17 vs. Cinci 2014 on NFL Network right now

TeeTee
07-19-2015, 02:07 PM
It's fun to watch, but I have to turn the channel before Bell gets hurt, because that really sucked.

But prior to that, I feel this game shows you what we can look forward to this season.

Bell and Brown tore it up. Defense only gave up 17. If they can do that week to week, we will have something going.

D did a good job of slowing up Hill, who had been tearing it before that game.

Edman
07-19-2015, 02:17 PM
The Defense wasn't up to standards in 2014, but they reached the point in the season where they were not a liability.

Then Bell got hurt, Polamalu got the start (when he shouldn't have), and that was it against the Ravens.

The Secondary was adequate with Gay, McCain, Mitchell, and Allen. They weren't amazing, but they weren't getting victimized either. Starting Troy ruined that chemistry should not have started.

polamalubeast
07-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Bell's injury was a killer for the Steelers....Hope that Williams will do a good job during the suspension of Bell

But the offense has all the elements to be special...The Steelers have at least a top 3-5 QB, the most versatile RB in the nfl and the best WR in the last two years

What can the offense move to another level,this is Bryant who can be a great deep threat and very good in the red zone..The offense scored 31 points per game in the last 10 game of the season with Bryant in the lineup, and if he is on the field more often, this offense will be almost without weakness

I am very excited and hope that the defense is going to create more turnovers and more sacks

TeeTee
07-19-2015, 02:48 PM
The Defense wasn't up to standards in 2014, but they reached the point in the season where they were not a liability.

Then Bell got hurt, Polamalu got the start (when he shouldn't have), and that was it against the Ravens.

The Secondary was adequate with Gay, McCain, Mitchell, and Allen. They weren't amazing, but they weren't getting victimized either. Starting Troy ruined that chemistry should not have started.

The secondary actually had some picks without Troy and Ike on the field. They showed what they can do if not handcuffed with those two (at their current level of play). Now, we can move forward without the "hard hits are better than picks" antiquated philosophy.

Edman
07-19-2015, 09:14 PM
The previous time the Troy and Ike played versus the Bengals. Dirty Dalton and AJ Green tore the secondary a new one. They also started the Saints game, and the Defense got boat raced for five TD's.

This is why Lebeau isn't here anymore. Hanging onto players longer than he should have, especially when said players aren't effective.

It makes me sad to say this about two EXCELLENT Steelers players and have them go out in such bad fashion, but facts are there. Sentimentality can only take you so far.

st33lersguy
07-20-2015, 10:16 AM
For the longest time's Polamalu's absence turned a stellar D into a mediocre one Then last year, the defense performed better without him. It is quite ironic and sad

TeeTee
07-20-2015, 01:17 PM
For the longest time's Polamalu's absence turned a stellar D into a mediocre one Then last year, the defense performed better without him. It is quite ironic and sad

I honestly think that if Dick was still here he'd have brought Troy back for 2015, and the Rooneys knew that would have been beyond moronic, so bye bye Dickie. He was STILL droning on about how Troy "Had the best instincts he'd ever seen" as recently as last season. Putting Troy on the field made them terrible last year. Some were STILL claiming he was better than any other safety they had. I didn't see it like that. I saw a guy do nothing but leave guys wide open and miss tackles, while screwing up the continuity of the rest of the D at the same time. So glad we are starting fresh with Butler and sans Troy.

- - - Updated - - -

The D was definitely not a total joke in this game. They were at least respectable, and the picks helped win this game a lot. Had those drives been scores for Cinci, instead of turnovers, it would have been a very different game.

st33lersguy
07-20-2015, 05:12 PM
I honestly think that if Dick was still here he'd have brought Troy back for 2015, and the Rooneys knew that would have been beyond moronic, so bye bye Dickie. He was STILL droning on about how Troy "Had the best instincts he'd ever seen" as recently as last season. Putting Troy on the field made them terrible last year. Some were STILL claiming he was better than any other safety they had. I didn't see it like that. I saw a guy do nothing but leave guys wide open and miss tackles, while screwing up the continuity of the rest of the D at the same time. So glad we are starting fresh with Butler and sans Troy.

- - - Updated - - -

The D was definitely not a total joke in this game. They were at least respectable, and the picks helped win this game a lot. Had those drives been scores for Cinci, instead of turnovers, it would have been a very different game.

One reason I was in favor of Dick being let go is so that the young guys could be given more of a chance and the team could stop clinging onto it's older players.

Nadroj 20
07-20-2015, 05:18 PM
I was at this game. Could hear a pin drop when Bell got injured.

TeeTee
07-20-2015, 05:28 PM
I was at this game. Could hear a pin drop when Bell got injured.

Every Steeler fan at home watching this game could hear a pin drop. I think we all knew it was pretty bad and we would be without him for the play offs, which proved costly. I have this game on DVR but refuse to watch it to that part of the game. I turn it off before then.