PDA

View Full Version : Five things to look for at Steelers training camp

polamalubeast
07-19-2015, 12:31 PM
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Some people swear things come in threes, but we’re always looking for five of them in training camp and here they are:

1. Will Butler open new doors for the defense?

Can Keith Butler become an overnight sensation at age 59? It’s tough to follow a legend and Dick LeBeau certainly was that as defensive coordinator with the Steelers. Butler, though, has been with them longer on a continuing basis, back to 2003, when he was hired as linebackers coach under coordinator Tim Lewis.

He has turned down several opportunities as coordinator elsewhere and will add his own ideas to those that worked well under LeBeau. One big change: He wants the defensive linemen to become more than blocking sleds for the linebackers, wants them to become more active in the pass rush.

2. Young Money II

YM I eased into the locker room in 2010 when Mike Wallace took over the team receiving lead from Hines Ward and Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown were emerging. The three flourished until eventually Wallace and Sanders left as free agents.

Now Brown is the undisputed king, leading a group of young and talented receivers that includes Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant and Sammie Coates — picked in the third or fourth round one in each of the past three drafts. That is where the Steelers have found some of their best receivers over the years

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/07/19/Five-things-to-look-for-at-2015-Steelers-training-camp/stories/201507190193

TeeTee
07-19-2015, 02:17 PM
I am most interested in #1. I really think Tory and LeBeau were here a year too long. I believe Butler is going to give everyone a fresh start and young guys will no longer feel like they have "no chance" to get playing time and it will lead to an increase in enthusiasm. I don't mind some mistakes, just make them at a million miles an hour.

hawaiiansteeler
07-22-2015, 12:46 AM
Steelers 2015 Training Camp: 5 Storylines To Watch Closely

by Dave Bryan

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/07/steelers-2015-training-camp-5-storylines-to-watch-closely/