PDA

View Full Version : PRE-CAMP ANALYSIS: QBs

hawaiiansteeler
07-13-2015, 03:28 PM
PRE-CAMP ANALYSIS: QBs

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2015/06-June/temp2015_OTA_0528kr_0295_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=620&height=465

At QB, the camp competition for spots will be at the bottom of the depth chart

Coach Mike Tomlin has proclaimed himself a three-quarterback guy, and when it comes to this position at training camp the only drama is going to be whether he remains a three-quarterback guy, and then if he does, who will emerge as No. 3.

Aside from that, there is absolutely nothing happening at the top of this unit’s depth chart. Ben Roethlisberger had a fine offseason, and with his new five-year contract in place he can have nothing on his mind except the business of winning football games and more championships.

Because Bruce Gradkowski is secure in his role as Roethlisberger’s backup, there will be little to see at camp as far as the top of the quarterback depth chart. Clearly, there is no realistic scenario that could unfold at camp – with the exception of change mandated by injuries – where Roethlisberger and Gradkowski emerge as anything except Nos. 1-2 on the depth chart for the start of the regular season.

At No. 3, now that’s where it could get interesting.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/PRE-CAMP-ANALYSIS-QBs/18670c84-e871-4ff6-8002-4963fd3c77c5

ALLD
07-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Everybody here pretty much agrees Landry Jones costing us a roster spot last year allowed our PS to get picked. Think of the big picture. That extra spot could mean the difference between home field playoffs or not.

TeeTee
07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Everybody here pretty much agrees Landry Jones costing us a roster spot last year allowed our PS to get picked. Think of the big picture. That extra spot could mean the difference between home field playoffs or not.

Do you enjoy making me throw up in my mouth?

The guy is a bum. What QB, in his SECOND year, admits that he has to "work on his accuracy?" I'd say if you're still working on that by your 2nd year in the NFL you got big problems. I mean, all QBs work on accuracy their entire careers, but to have such a major problem with it by your 2nd year at the pro level, probably means you stink.

ALLD
07-13-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't think I was clear in my previous post. Landry Jones should get a one way ticket on the next bus out of town. By him being on the roster the team was forced to place a very good player on the PS who got picked. We can go with 2.5 QBs and keep all the best talent signed.

Mojouw
07-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Do you enjoy making me throw up in my mouth?

The guy is a bum. What QB, in his SECOND year, admits that he has to "work on his accuracy?" I'd say if you're still working on that by your 2nd year in the NFL you got big problems. I mean, all QBs work on accuracy their entire careers, but to have such a major problem with it by your 2nd year at the pro level, probably means you stink.

Mark Sanchez
RG 3
Geno Smith
Mike Vick
EJ Manuel
Almost every 3rd QB in the league - ever.

Look, I think Landry Jones sucks as well. Clearly, so do the Steelers as they brought in Taj Boyd (also not known for his accuracy). But to blame the entire PS thing on one guy is a bit much. That whole situation has always been a bit mismanaged by the Steelers. They value proven veterans over younger "lottery ticket" guys at the bottom of the roster - particularly on defense. Cam Thomas is a prime example. It will be interesting to see if that changes under Butler. There are a ton of "unproven" young guys along the DL this season. Wonder how many get kept? Also the numbers game in the secondary should be interesting to watch unfold.

86WARD
07-14-2015, 06:10 AM
Could you imagine if they traded Ben and Sanchez, Gadkowski and Jones were the three we are discussing today?? :throw up:

hawaiiansteeler
07-16-2015, 01:40 AM
FANTASY - BEN ROETHLISBERGER POISED FOR MASSIVE SEASON!!

By Rich Winter
July 15, 2015

https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/54607/0367432001436980698_filepicker.jpg

Ben Roethlisberger passed for 4952 yards with 32 TD's and 9 picks in 2015...

My gut tells me this is the year to grab Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger early in the fantasy football draft. While the experts are taking him off the fantasy board anywhere from No. 8 - No. 11, one look at Big Ben's stats from a year ago and Ben Roethlisberger is right there after Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers.

Ben Roethlisberger 2014 - 4952 yards, 32 TD's and 9 interceptions.

While those numbers are alarmingly good, this Fantasy guy thinks they're going to be even better this year.

Why would they be better?

to read rest of article:

http://panicbutton.sportsblog.com/posts/2836721/fantasy---ben-roethlisberger-poised-for-massive-season--.html

hawaiiansteeler
07-19-2015, 07:59 PM
QUARTERBACK - After Ben Roethlisberger and Bruce Gradkowski, it's still Landry Jones alternating poor decisions, poor passes and beautiful spirals as the third-teamer. This is his third year and coaching patience is wearing thin. Tajh Boyd didn't take advantage of Jones' inconsistent play, and two undrafted rookie QB/WR "slashes," Tyler Murphy and Devin Gardner, played QB as poorly as should've been expected and brought up this question: Is Tomlin trying to find a "slash" to run his two-point plays? If so, yikes.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story ... -the-brink

Mojouw
07-20-2015, 10:19 AM
I dunno. But if 3rd QB is one of the only "problem" areas on your roster, I would say your team is in pretty good shape overall. I would challenge anyone to find a current NFL team where the 3rd QB isn't some version of hot garbage or a disaster waiting to happen.

polamalubeast
07-20-2015, 10:22 AM
I dunno. But if 3rd QB is one of the only "problem" areas on your roster, I would say your team is in pretty good shape overall. I would challenge anyone to find a current NFL team where the 3rd QB isn't some version of hot garbage or a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe Washington....or Philadelphia(Joke!!!!)

86WARD
07-23-2015, 06:04 AM

New England (Flynn), Tennessee (Whitehurst), Oakland (McGloin), Detroit (Orlovsky). They all have decent this string QBs...all with NFL "starting" experience. I'd be more excited with Aaron Murray as a third string QB...so maybe I'd put KC on that list?

hawaiiansteeler
07-25-2015, 01:52 AM
Ben Roethlisberger: I don’t really care if people think I’m elite

Posted by Josh Alper on July 24, 2015

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpt mxzdk0mwi4nmflmjfjmmixmdq2yme5ztvinzi0y2jm-e1437749391103.jpeg?w=205

When the Ravens were closing in on a contract extension with quarterback Joe Flacco a few years ago, there was a lot of discussion about whether or not Flacco was an “elite” quarterback.

With a Super Bowl ring and a lucrative deal from the Ravens, Flacco probably doesn’t spend much time worrying about where others think he falls into that subjective spectrum. Another AFC North quarterback feels that way. Ben Roethlisberger is coming off perhaps the best individual season of his career, which helped him earn a fat extension from the Steelers and questions about where he ranks in the firmament of signal callers that he’d rather avoid.

“For me, it’s always about winning. That’s always been my M.O.,” Roethlisberger said, via USA Today. “People ask me all the time about what do I think about not being one of the five elites or the three elites or whatever it is. I don’t really care. As long as I can win football games and win championships, that’s all that really matters to me. At the end of the day, to me, that’s what you’re based on.”

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hink-im-elite/