PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben for MVP?

hawaiiansteeler
07-09-2015, 03:55 PM
CBS Analyst picks Ben Roethlisberger as an MVP sleeper

Kirk Larrabee - Jul 8

Big Ben for MVP?

Given the offense that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has this season, he could very well find himself in the type of situation that would make him an MVP candidate.

CBS Sports writer Will Brinson has Roethlisberger on his list of MVP sleepers for the coming season.

"It's entirely possible — likely? — 2014 was the best season of Roethlisberger's career," Brinson wrote. "He managed to take a step in Todd Haley's offense, combining an impressive mental approach to the game with his already ridiculous physical skills. Roethlisberger looked like a quarterback who could easily manage to mature well, something that hardly seemed likely when you think about some of the hits and the style of play that marked the early part of his career...

to read rest of article:

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/CBS-Analyst-picks-Ben-Roethlisberger-as-an-MVP-sleeper-38114147

vasteeler
07-09-2015, 03:58 PM
hate to sound cliche but......not in goodells NFL

salamander
07-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Won't ever happen, unfortunately.

SteelerFanInStl
07-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Ben should've gotten some MVP votes last year but he didn't. I won't hold my breath.

fansince'76
07-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Won't ever happen, unfortunately.

This. He could throw for 10,000 yards and 100+ TDs against less than 10 INTs and he STILL wouldn't get it. He's never been and never will be one of the "names" the NFL tries to pimp.

TeeTee
07-09-2015, 05:45 PM
I just don't care. The less gloss on the team and players they better. All I care about is rings, and hopefully the team feels the same way. Go ahead and fuel your desire to kick ass, if need be, but other than that, I just don't care.

fansince'76
07-09-2015, 06:18 PM
I just don't care. The less gloss on the team and players they better. All I care about is rings, and hopefully the team feels the same way. Go ahead and fuel your desire to kick ass, if need be, but other than that, I just don't care.

If being ranked a lesser QB by his peers than Andrew Luck (who has basically done nothing yet) and (especially) Russell Wilson (who has largely been a product of his supporting cast) fails to piss him off, then I don't know what would.

If I were in Ben's position, I wouldn't give a flip less what the media (the NFL MVP is just another media award) and fans think, but being belittled by my colleagues is something else. And if it were me, I'd be itching to stick it up the rest of the league's asses sideways.

I won't be surprised if he has another 500-yard/6-TD performance or two this season against someone...

polamalubeast
07-09-2015, 06:32 PM
It's already been worse !!!.....Before the 2013 season, Ben was ranked 61st by the players !!

Of course, the goal is the Super Bowl, but it would be very special if one day,Ben wins the mvp

st33lersguy
07-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Won't happen unfortunately.

salamander
07-09-2015, 07:47 PM
It's already been worse !!!.....Before the 2013 season, Ben was ranked 61st by the players !!

Of course, the goal is the Super Bowl, but it would be very special if one day,Ben wins the mvp

Super Bowl MVP sounds better to me. :chuckle:

steel striker
07-10-2015, 02:18 PM
I with FS76 on this all the way because, Ben hardly ever gets any respect or credit from the national media or current players. Ben could have 60 TD's 5 ints and still not in the conversation as one of the best Qb's in the game today. I guess the so called experts were taking a nap when Ben threw 6 td's against the colts and, out played the great Andrew Luck last year! Not to mention about Luck's poor performance against the cheats in last years AFC title game know as Deflatgate! Then people are saying Wilson is better than Ben I think I could burst a blood vessel!!!!

TeeTee
07-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Part of Ben not sniffing a league MVP is his own fault. People are not comfortable with his past tawdry acts.

SteelerFanInStl
07-10-2015, 04:47 PM
Part of Ben not sniffing a league MVP is his own fault. People are not comfortable with his past tawdry acts.

Can't deny this. He made the bed that he has to sleep in, even if he was never even charged with a crime.

hawaiiansteeler
07-10-2015, 06:40 PM

I agree.

I also think Ben needs to lead his team to a few playoff wins again, it's been awhile...