PDA

View Full Version : Jamison Hensley Thinks Bengals A.J. Green Is AFC North’s Best Receiver

polamalubeast
07-07-2015, 10:40 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/07/hack-hensley-thinks-bengals-a-j-green-is-afc-norths-best-receiver/

Drazo85
07-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Jamiwhodafuckcareswhatthiswannabereporterthinks
Sorry, but this guy is getting on my nerves.

tube517
07-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Jamiwhodafuckcareswhatthiswannabereporterthinks
Sorry, but this guy is getting on my nerves.

This

86WARD
07-07-2015, 11:34 AM
AJ Green is good and a couple seasons ago, I would say he was easily the best in the North. With the emergence of AB, it's not easy to say Green is the best. I'd take AB almost every time, but I wouldn't kick Green to the curb. Green would probably be RIDICULOUS in a Steelers uniform with Ben at QB.

fansince'76
07-07-2015, 12:51 PM
https://redeemerw.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/yawn2.jpg

ALLD
07-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Just trying to create some controversy knowing the Bengals will do nothing again and there will be nothing to write about after December.

TeeTee
07-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Never heard of the guy, could care less what he thinks. Can we make it to training camp, please? This lack of stuff to talk about is ridiculous. I would even take some Tomlin quotes at this point. No, not really.

:tomlinism:

Bluecoat96
07-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Jamison Hensley is my most favoritest reporter ever. He is a fair and honest reporter and never showed any homerism towards the Ravens whatsoever.

:sarcasm:

Seriously....go jump in a lake, Jamie. You stink. You should move on and find your life's work....scrubbing toilets.

Oh no!!!! I hope I don't get ANOTHER mean email from him!!!

TeeTee
07-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Jamison Hensley is my most favoritest reporter ever. He is a fair and honest reporter and never showed any homerism towards the Ravens whatsoever.

:sarcasm:

Seriously....go jump in a lake, Jamie. You stink. You should move on and find your life's work....scrubbing toilets.

Oh no!!!! I hope I don't get ANOTHER mean email from him!!!

:toofunny:

Mojouw
07-07-2015, 01:48 PM
AJ Green is a better receiver than AB. Calvin Johnson is better than both of them. Dez Bryant might be on his way to being better than Calvin Johnson.

You can certainly compete for a SB spot with any of those guys as your focal point on offense. At the end of the day, that is all that matters.

fansince'76
07-07-2015, 02:30 PM
AJ Green is a better receiver than AB.

Why? Because he's taller? I think AB's route running ability more than compensates for that, personally.

hawaiiansteeler
07-07-2015, 02:42 PM
AJ Green is a better receiver than AB.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4651587/blasphemy-o.gif

tube517
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4651587/blasphemy-o.gif

Why? Because he's taller? I think AB's route running ability more than compensates for that, personally.

AB is a shrimp. :chuckle:

Mojouw
07-07-2015, 06:18 PM

That's part of it. AB runs some of the best routes in the business. Green is no slouch himself. Combine that with his ability to be open no matter what due to his size and leaping ability and I have to say that if I was starting a franchise tomorrow and could only have one of the two, I'm going to gamble that Green is the better bet and that with someone other than Dalton his #'s would be similar to Brown's.

I am by no means saying that AB is not right up there in the best in the business. If I can only pick one of the two, I go with Green.

Of course it is always possible that by seeing AB week in and week out, I have started taking what he can do for granted. Might be a grass is greener kinda thing...

polamalubeast
07-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Maybe it is the fault of Dalton but Green is inconsistent

Antonio Brown is the most consistent WR in the NFL and this is very impressive.....32 games in a row with 5 catch and 50 yards and the worst game of Brown last year it was 74 yards

Count Steeler
07-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Well Count Steeler thinks Jamison Hensley is the dumbest sports journalist, not only in the AFC North, but perhaps in all the NFL.

fansince'76
07-07-2015, 07:32 PM
That's part of it. AB runs some of the best routes in the business. Green is no slouch himself. Combine that with his ability to be open no matter what due to his size and leaping ability and I have to say that if I was starting a franchise tomorrow and could only have one of the two, I'm going to gamble that Green is the better bet and that with someone other than Dalton his #'s would be similar to Brown's.

I am by no means saying that AB is not right up there in the best in the business. If I can only pick one of the two, I go with Green.

Of course it is always possible that by seeing AB week in and week out, I have started taking what he can do for granted. Might be a grass is greener kinda thing...

Fair enough - good points. :hatsoff:

Steelman
07-08-2015, 08:44 AM
The only thing I think of about AJ Green is how Ike Taylor would completely shut him down twice a year. Ike was a total baller. Most underrated shutdown corner in the past decade.

Back to receivers though. :lol: I don't know where the bias starts or stops, but I personally believe AB is a top-3 receiver right now. AJ's maybe just outside the top-5 in my book.

86WARD
07-08-2015, 08:51 AM

I sometimes feel the same way. I drool at the idea of AJ Green in a Steelers uniform with Ben throwing him the ball. He's definitely held back with Dalton...whose not a terrible QB, but he's not close to what Ben is.

Mojouw
07-08-2015, 10:14 AM
I sometimes feel the same way. I drool at the idea of AJ Green in a Steelers uniform with Ben throwing him the ball. He's definitely held back with Dalton...whose not a terrible QB, but he's not close to what Ben is.

Pretty much where I am at. I figure that if Ben can put up the stats he does throwing to Bryant deep, who is far from a finished product as a WR (although his potential is enormous), or Wallace -- what the heck would he do with an AJ Green?

But back to the WRs we have. Bottom line is that AB runs the best routes in the game today. What that means in terms of overall ranking - I have no idea. If Bryant can progress each year - imagine what his "third season breakout" could look like?

st33lersguy
07-08-2015, 07:37 PM
A lot of respect for AJ but certainly not better than AB. Didn't expect anything smarter from him though, as Ratbirds fans generally are stupid.

Mojouw
07-09-2015, 09:36 AM
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/07/08/nfl-best-receivers-steelers-antonio-brown-aj-green-bengals-2015/

tube517
07-09-2015, 10:56 AM
enxtda1zrXJ

In honor of AB being ranked 8th in Top 100. Separation vs Haden.
Vine by Alex Kozora

Craic
07-09-2015, 01:22 PM
enxtda1zrXJ

In honor of AB being ranked 8th in Top 100. Separation vs Haden.
Vine by Alex Kozora

I just noticed something that either is a mistake in that video, or some brilliant game planning. Watch how two receivers bunch in the middle, drawing not just their coverage, but the safety towards them as well. It looks like their playing a combination inside zone with man on the outside (or, they've identified who they want to play man and play zone behind that, amounts to the same in the above play). Usually, recievers bunching downfield is bad for business, but in the above, play, it looks to be just the opposite, giving AB a chance not only to catch, but one less safety to worry about as he turns and runs. So, either a receiver ran the wrong route, or this play was planned to spring AB for a nice gain.

Either way, it looks good in the end.

Count Steeler
07-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Question: How often are the accomplishments of Jerry Rice downplayed or brought down a notch because Joe Montana was throwing him the football? Well, what IF Bernie Kosar was throwing him the football? Or pick an Andy Dalton comparable QB in Joe's era.

The NFL and sportswriters can't get over the fact that Brown is a smurf and that he is lighting up the league. In any other conversation Ben is a bum, but now he is suddenly an elite QB who is making his receivers look good. What a bunch of crap.

If Brown was 6'2" and 230, he would be THE star of the NFL right now. But he doesn't fit the physical profile of an elite receiver, so he can't be one. At least Calvin Johnson appreciates a fellow star.