View Full Version : Steelers Snapshot: TE Cameron Clear

hawaiiansteeler
07-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Snapshot: Cameron Clear

Jul 06, 2015
Jim Wexell
Publisher SteelCityInsider.net

http://imgix.scout.com/155/1551202.jpg?w=600&fit=max

Big, physical Steelers tight end has left behind all talk of moving to offensive tackle.

Heath Miller remains a threat and Matt Spaeth remains a blocking force and Jesse James is a big, young fifth-round project and Rob Blanchflower was drafted last year and spent the season on the practice squad.

No wonder Cameron Clear's name isn't mentioned among the Pittsburgh Steelers' tight end candidates.

Oh, but it was.

Todd Haley, the offensive coordinator, mentioned Clear the spring day that assistant coaches were allowed to talk to the media.

"In college you see a lot of the spread offenses," Haley was saying. "But at the same time I think there are enough teams like us that still value tight ends like Heath and Matt Spaeth, who can block and be an integral part of what you are doing -- like our free agent Cameron Clear. He has a big, good-looking body, and he had about (five) catches last year and wasn’t really on the field. It’s just what you value and what you think gives you the best chance to win. I think as long as we are all here, we will value a big tight end that can catch and block."

Clear is a big man with long arms who plays physically and by the end of the spring workout season he was in a very good mood.

"Call me Cam," he started.

He was asked first about his condor-like 82-inch wingspan.

"It's part of my athleticism, being long," he said. "It definitely helps playing tight end, getting blocks and making catches away from my body."

to read rest of article:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1561154-snapshot-cameron-clear

ALLD
07-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Add one more TE to the mix with Mike Spaeth, Jesse Jackson and Heath Miller. If Burt Branchfowler makes the team then it could be a complete rotation at the position where we have to learn all new names.

Born2Steel
07-07-2015, 07:53 PM
I have to wait and see. This guy was kicked off UTVols for shop lifting I'm pretty sure. Then went to A&M. We'll see if he can handle it.

hawaiiansteeler
07-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Add one more TE to the mix with Mike Spaeth, Jesse Jackson and Heath Miller. If Burt Branchfowler makes the team then it could be a complete rotation at the position where we have to learn all new names.

who is this "Heath Miller" you refer to? :chuckle: