PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis didn't score with Tomlin on or off the field

BlastFurnace
08-30-2010, 12:06 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_697081.html

By Scott Brown
Tribune-Review
DENVER — A bad night Sunday got worse for cornerback Keenan Lewis as the Steelers filed into the visiting locker room at Invesco Field following a 34-17 loss to the Broncos.
Lewis, who got benched in the second quarter after picking up two personal foul penalties, punched a sign that was encased in glass. The glass shattered and many of the players had to walk by a guard telling them to watch their step — and Tomlin making it very clear why there was broken glass outside of the Steelers' locker room.
"That's what you call young and dumb right there," Tomlin said to the players that passed him. "Watch your step. No. (23) is playing bad and doing stupid stuff as well."
Lewis started at the cornerback spot opposite Ike Taylor in place of Bryant McFadden, who didn't play because of an arm injury.
Lewis, who appeared to be pushing McFadden for the starting job gave up an 18-yard catch to Eddie Royal on the second play of the game and then tackled the Broncos wide receiver out of bounds.
"The first (unnecessary roughness penalty) I didn't know he was out of bounds," Lewis said. "The second one, that was my fault."
Lewis got flagged in the second quarter for unnecessary roughness after tackling Bronces wide receiver Brandon Lloyd.
Gay promptly replaced Lewis at cornerback, and after the game Tomlin said of the latter, "He stunk it up."
The 6-foot, 208-pounder Lewis didn't do anything to help himself after the game as Tomlin was livid when he saw the broken glass outside of the Steelers' locker room.
Lewis said he meant to punch the wall, not the sign.
"He had a tough night," said Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace, who is Lewis' best friend. "That's why I told him we have next week. Shake it off, bounce back. We all make mistakes. Hopefully he can get back to the Keenan I know."

Borski
08-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Wow

smokin3000gt
08-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Ya know, in all honesty it doesn't take many brains to know better than to not do that kinda shit. Take that shit home and don't come back with it!

Galax Steeler
08-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Hopefully Wallace will talk with him and explain some things to him. Hopefully he will come back Thursday with a different attitude.

vasteeler
08-30-2010, 05:22 AM
he did stink up the joint. there were two plays in particular that i noticed he just looked lost out there

HometownGal
08-30-2010, 05:31 AM
This kid had better grow up fast and in a hurry or he will be on the outside looking in.

LLT
08-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Oh boy....That is some stupidity right there. This isnt Cincinnatti....you need to grow up Lewis!!!

Killer
08-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Tomlim ain't got the balls to cut Lewis.

Steeldude
08-30-2010, 07:37 AM
isn't that the entire formula for CBs in the steelers defense? allow everything in front of you? give the 8 to 12 yard cushions?

SteelerEmpire
08-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Someone needs anger management class...

LLT
08-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Flozell Adams was initially blocking people from stepping on the glass....but Tomlin took over after seeing that Adams was getting burned by those that went to his right?

cold-hard-steel
08-30-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree with Tomlin on this. He stunk up the joint,but so did a lot of others too! Old Danny boy started the downturn from the opening kickoff. It all went downhill from there.The ole domino effect if you will.Our boys sure did not make the most of what was offered to them. Some were on,but in my opinion,a lot more were off.I never worry too much about preseason though. I ain't afeared.

SteeleReign
08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Flozell Adams was initially blocking people from stepping on the glass....but Tomlin took over after seeing that Adams was getting burned by those that went to his right?

Frank Summers ran up to help, but Arians yanked him back & told him that he's not needed....everything is under control.

Psycho Ward 86
08-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Frank Summers ran up to help, but Arians yanked him back & told him that he's not needed....everything is under control.

:chuckle:

steelpride12
08-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Well he sure did play pretty bad, but it's not like he is gone because of one game, just the game before he looked pretty good and we all praised him. He could show up in a big way Thursday and make this team so I wouldn't jump off the horse just yet.

SteelerEmpire
08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
When Tomlin grabbed Lewis's jersey after his 2nd personal foul you could read his lips. He said to Lewis, "what the F*** is wrong with you" !? LOL....

cold-hard-steel
08-30-2010, 12:37 PM
When Tomlin grabbed Lewis's jersey after his 2nd personal foul you could read his lips. He said to Lewis, "what the F*** is wrong with you" !? LOL....

and......."this ain't college dude" , you want to be a professional,you gots to act like one!!! But i do like your spirit.

43Hitman
08-30-2010, 12:40 PM

:rofl::applaudit:

oneforthetoe
08-30-2010, 02:16 PM

Also, apparently the glass was only chipped when Lewis hit it, but when Mendenhall tried to pick it up, with a spin move, he um ...... dropped it.

SteeleReign
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Also, apparently the glass was only chipped when Lewis hit it, but when Mendenhall tried to pick it up, with a spin move, he um ...... dropped it.

Yes, Ben chipped the glass because, behind the glass, was a picture of a girl with a DTF t-shirt on.

tube517
08-30-2010, 11:14 PM
I thought Jeff Reed thought the glass was a towel dispenser

43Hitman
08-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Gerry: Is Keenan Lewis done? (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/104640-gerry-is-keenan-lewis-done)

Monday, 30 August 2010 09:09
Written by Gerry Dulac http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/templates/pg_twn/images/emailButton.png (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3BsdXMuc2l0ZXMucG9zdC1nYXpldHRlLmNvb S9pbmRleC5waHAvc3BvcnRzLXRvd24vc3RlZWxlcnMvMTA0NjQ wLWdlcnJ5LWlzLWtlZW5hbi1sZXdpcy1kb25l)

Cornerback Keenan Lewis did not endear himself to Coach Mike Tomlin on many fronts last night, including smashing a plexiglass sign on the wall outside the Steelers locker room at Invesco Field.
When Tomlin was told about what Lewis did coming off the field, he instructed conditioning coach Garrett Giemont to contact stadium personnel and tell them Lewis will pay for the damage.
But Lewis did more damage than that – to himself, at least – on the field.
Getting a chance to start for the first time for injured Bryant McFadden, Lewis got turned around and out of position several times. The final straw for Tomlin came when Lewis got lost on an 8-yard pass to Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd, then was given a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty for kneeing Lloyd after the play.
Lewis, a third-round pick in 2009, was yanked off the field and never returned …. maybe for good. Tomlin could be seen on the sidelines grabbing Lewis by the jersey and lecturing him – a display of anger rarely shown by the head coach.
Last year, Tomlin publicly criticized Lewis for not playing well enough or having enough commitment to even play on special teams. His latest failures might be enough for Tomlin.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/104640-gerry-is-keenan-lewis-done

stillers4me
08-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I really, really wouldn't want to be on Tomlins bad side. :horror:

BigNastyDefense
08-31-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't think he gets cut due to the fact that we need depth at CB. But he just plummeted down the depth chart and will have A LOT of work to do to get back to the third or fourth CB spot.

salamander
08-31-2010, 07:58 PM
I really, really wouldn't want to be on Tomlins bad side. :horror:

I agree... I think that's the first time I've ever seen him like that. You can tell he was PISSED.