PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Ranked Top 5 by AZ beat writer

GBMelBlount
07-03-2015, 04:54 PM
I know, preseason, shorts, means nothing, etc.

Still, 11-5 last year and likely improved on both sides of the ball this year.

Power ranking aside (and perhaps wearing homer tinted shades), I am pretty excited about this year.

AZCentral’s Bob McManaman has the right idea, if you’re a Steelers fan.

The Cardinals beat writer put the Steelers No. 4 overall in his pre-training camp power rankings, noting:

The defense will be better, perhaps even good enough for the Steelers to win their seventh Super Bowl.

That’s really the key thing this year. The offense won’t likely see a historic explosion the way it did in Week 8-9 last year, when Ben Roethlisberger claimed back-to-back AFC Offensive Player of the Week awards, but it’s reasonable to see him having more than a few outstanding games. In those, he may be on-point enough to carry the team, regardless of how the defense is playing.

If the Steelers’ defense can do enough against the tougher defensive opponents they’ll face this season, it may be enough to keep games competitive, giving the offense another chance or two late to win the game.

McManaman clearly sees this as an offensive league, considering he has the Colts at No. 1 – Indianapolis is perhaps the only other team in the league with a wider gap between its offense and its defense than the Steelers.

Seattle is No. 2, Green Bay came in third and the Patriots are behind the Steelers at No. 5.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/07/03/2015-nfl-power-rankings-steelers-land-in-the-top-five/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEZtII8rt_Y

polamalubeast
07-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I am confident that the Steelers are going to be good, but for the Colts, they are not super bowl contender for me

Their defense is not good.....If they are healthy,the pats,Broncos,Steelers,Ravens and Chiefs should win against the Colts

The Colts will probably win their division and have at least 10-11 wins, since they will have 4 free wins against the Jaguars and Titans

GBMelBlount
07-03-2015, 06:23 PM
I am confident that the Steelers are going to be good, but for the Colts, they are not super bowl contender for me

Their defense is not good.....If they are healthy,the pats,Broncos,Steelers,Ravens and Chiefs should win against the Colts

The Colts will probably win their division and have at least 10-11 wins, since they will have 4 free wins against the Jaguars and Titans

If we were in that division I would not be concerned about the Colts but very concerned about playing two teams as bad as the Jaguars AND Titans TWICE!

TeeTee
07-04-2015, 05:44 PM
It is rare that when a team trying to "get over the hump" does so by adding key position guys who are as old as Andre Johnson and Gore. I doubt those moves are going to take them to the next level. In their prime, hell yes, they could put the Colts to the top of the AFC, but not at their current age and wear.