PDA

View Full Version : Kick Offs

CanadianSteel
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Whats the deal here - I know it was Mile high air but the Denver kicker continually booms kicks thru the end zone and we are kicking out of bounds or to the 10 at most.

I was looking for ward to an improvement from Dannt boy after all the talk lately but I just dont see it. If he cant hit the endzone at Mile High then he wont anywhere.
I guess his kickoffs are maybe a bit higher than Skippy which allows better coverage but that Denver guy is gold... as hardly anyone will be returing kicks all year if he booms them like that. What a huge advantage !

tube517
08-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm not going to expect too much from Danny in the kickoff area. I don't think he has had any previous experience kicking off. He is a better tackler than Skippy the Towel Dispenser Destroyer. Although his out of bounds kick at the beginning of the game was no help.

Danny better be punting some long punts and pinning them inside the 20 that we've come to expect from him.

X-Terminator
08-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Whats the deal here - I know it was Mile high air but the Denver kicker continually booms kicks thru the end zone and we are kicking out of bounds or to the 10 at most.

I was looking for ward to an improvement from Dannt boy after all the talk lately but I just dont see it. If he cant hit the endzone at Mile High then he wont anywhere.
I guess his kickoffs are maybe a bit higher than Skippy which allows better coverage but that Denver guy is gold... as hardly anyone will be returing kicks all year if he booms them like that. What a huge advantage !

You have to keep in mind that Danny wasn't kicking off the tee, at least on his 2nd kickoff, which makes it tougher to control the direction or gain any distance. If he kicks off the tee, I'm sure he booms them through the end zone.

Chidi29
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Prater has a much bigger leg than Danny or Reed.

SteelerFanInStl
08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Prater has a much bigger leg than Danny or Reed.

No question about that. What bothered me about Sepulveda last night was his 30.6 Avg on 5 punts. Colquitt averaged 51. I like Danny but I'm just not sure that he's got the same leg as he did before the injury. Hopefully he'll continue to improve because right now he's only an average punter.