PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Steelers to go from 'Rags to Riches': Dri Archer

hawaiiansteeler
07-01-2015, 05:09 PM
2015 Pittsburgh Steelers to go from 'Rags to Riches': Dri Archer

By Bryan Anthony Davis on Jul 1, 2015

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ByaM7uYoEH8NrdjnylCI8sRZ9iw=/0x396:2822x2277/500x333/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46650406/usa-today-8148600.0.jpg

In this multi-part series, we explore several players on the 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers' roster who may have under-performed in 2014, but could find themselves making a big impact next season. Today's candidate: RB/WR Dri Archer.

What if I told you that Terry Bradshaw was considered by some to be too dumb to play under center and didn't officially take the reigns of the Pittsburgh Steelers offense until midway through his fifth season?

Would you call me a liar if I told you that the Steelers didn't think enough of Hines Ward's promise, that they selected receivers in the first round in both 1999 and 2000?

How about the fact that, as a rookie in 2003, Troy Polamalu looked like a kid that missed his bus, misplaced his lunch money and lost his dog all at once. In 2003, the fear was that Troy was a bust. Most likely in five years, a bust of his head will be displayed at the Hall of Fame in Canton.

All of these things occurred at one-point-in-time at the confluence of the three rivers. But all of these men listed above rose up and reached the pinnacle of their sport. If the Steeler's brass didn't give these young players time to develop, different names would headline the list of Steeler immortals.

The first Steeler on our list of rags-to-riches is Dri Archer. Dri may rhyme with tree, but he is quite the opposite. The barely 5-foot 8-inch and 173-pound Archer was drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2014 draft. In the spirit of transparency, Archer looked somewhat lost on the field his inaugural season in the pros and had a less than stellar year. Some believed, and still do, that his size makes him too fragile and a wasted pick. I beg to differ.

Dri Archer has qualities reminiscent of a game breaking superstar. Please let me share with five reasons that in 2015, the second-year utility man will go from rags to riches.

1) The dude is Roadrunner fast

You can't learn blazing speed, you are blessed with it. Only one man in history sported a faster time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine than Archer's 4.26, and that is Chris Johnson at 4.24. One official clocked Archer at 4.16. That's red body suit with a lightning bolt on the chest caliber speed.

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2015/7/1/8876091/2015-pittsburgh-steelers-to-go-from-rags-to-riches-dri-archer

86WARD
07-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Great...we get it...he's fast...

Da bus
07-01-2015, 09:35 PM
I don't mind him being on the roster. He has the ability to make a handful of splash plays. I just don't understand why we spent a 3rd round pick on him.

Born2Steel
07-02-2015, 12:32 PM
I am still excited about this guy. He's the typical boom or bust draftee. If he busts, we wasted a 3rd rd pick, if he booms...plus I love the Kent State connection, just because.

TD's & Beer
07-02-2015, 12:45 PM
How much is he paying this blogger to write this?

86WARD
07-02-2015, 06:42 PM
I really see him as nothing but a project right now...

TeeTee
07-04-2015, 05:24 PM
This is the only "rags to riches" I know of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdstMHqs1cE