PDA

View Full Version : NFL coach power rankings(Tomlin is 6th)

polamalubeast
07-01-2015, 12:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000499554/nfl-coach-power-rankings

TeeTee
07-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Belichick the top coach. Not a surprise and spot on. But Garrett ahead of Jeff Fisher? OK, there.

ALLD
07-01-2015, 02:59 PM
There are a lot of bad head coaches in the NFL.

86WARD
07-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Belichick the top coach. Not a surprise and spot on. But Garrett ahead of Jeff Fisher? OK, there.

Not saying Garrett is better than Fisher, but Fisher has been pretty terrible.

fansince'76
07-01-2015, 10:06 PM
How high can you really put a serial cheater?

I'm glad Shula has the balls to tell it like it is (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24945025/don-shula-refers-to-bill-belichick-as-beli-cheat), at least.

smokin3000gt
07-02-2015, 01:44 AM
Not really accurate considering Tomlin is coaching Cowher's team.

:stirthepot:

:behindsofa:

86WARD
07-02-2015, 06:14 AM
I wouldn't put Tomlin or Harbaugh that high.

GBMelBlount
07-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Whether heading a corporation as a CEO or being a head coach in the NFL it typically takes years (even decades) of experience to learn and master complex systems.

Only NOW that Tomlin has many years of experience through both good and (relatively) bad seasons do I think we will see what he is made of.

Everyone has adversity. It is how they learn from it and respond to it that determines greatness imo.

So I think the coming years will determine what Tomlin is truly made of and his place in history.

on a side note, I LOVE that his pre Superbowl "fire" is back.

Hopefully the best is still unwritten...

TeeTee
07-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Not saying Garrett is better than Fisher, but Fisher has been pretty terrible.

He built a top team in TN (McNair, Eddie George, tough D), then took over a talentless Ram team and has them on the rise. They find a QB and they are a contender. Fisher built them from the ground up, just as he did in TN. He is a damn good coach. Actually, I'd put him ahead of Tomlin when it comes down to it.

TeeTee
07-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Whether heading a corporation as a CEO or being a head coach in the NFL it typically takes years (even decades) of experience to learn and master complex systems.

Only NOW that Tomlin has many years of experience through both good and (relatively) bad seasons do I think we will see what he is made of.

Everyone has adversity. It is how they learn from it and respond to it that determines greatness imo.

So I think the coming years will determine what Tomlin is truly made of and his place in history.

on a side note, I LOVE that his pre Superbowl "fire" is back.

Hopefully the best is still unwritten...

I agree. Now we will find out what he is really made of. I think have LeBeau looming around was good when we had good D players in their prime, and led to the ring, but the last few years Dick has been more of a ball and chain than an asset. Now that Tomlin is free from the hero worship and players past their primes (Ike, Troy) we will see what the guy has to offer when it's wide open to be completely his team. Now we will see. My guess is we are going to see a hungry, fast, motivated D and - combined with one of the best offenses out there - we will see a refreshing difference.

Mell, you are quoting Teresa Varley????????????????

polamalubeast
07-02-2015, 01:41 PM
He built a top team in TN (McNair, Eddie George, tough D), then took over a talentless Ram team and has them on the rise. They find a QB and they are a contender. Fisher built them from the ground up, just as he did in TN. He is a damn good coach. Actually, I'd put him ahead of Tomlin when it comes down to it.

Fisher has only 6 winning seasons in 20 years.....Tomlin has already six winning seasons in 8 years.....John Harbaugh has six winning seasons in 7 years.

The next season with the Rams will be very important for Fisher.

fansince'76
07-02-2015, 01:48 PM

:iagree:

I think Fisher is a good coach as well. He's been handed absolute garbage teams for years now (Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Sam Bradford, etc., etc.) and it's really a testament to his coaching ability that he's been able to guide most of them to 8-8 most years. Give him something to actually work with, and he will field a really good team for you. Hate to say it, but he's shown me more than Tomlin too, at least to this point.

TeeTee
07-02-2015, 03:02 PM
:iagree:

I think Fisher is a good coach as well. He's been handed absolute garbage teams for years now (Kerry Collins, Vince Young, Sam Bradford, etc., etc.) and it's really a testament to his coaching ability that he's been able to guide most of them to 8-8 most years. Give him something to actually work with, and he will field a really good team for you. Hate to say it, but he's shown me more than Tomlin too, at least to this point.

I totally agree. JF has had to overcome a huge lack of talent to start in TN and STL. That Rams team was completely void of talent; he had nothing to build on, nothing, had to built it all from scratch.

tube517
07-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Fisher won with Pardee's guys :chuckle:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

86WARD
07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
I totally agree. JF has had to overcome a huge lack of talent to start in TN and STL. That Rams team was completely void of talent; he had nothing to build on, nothing, had to built it all from scratch.

Not true. He had a defense that was decent. Not the best, but above average. He had Sam Bradford, when healthy, was an above average QB...3500 yards and 20 TD. His first season he had Steven Jackson who I believe was a 1000 yard back. To say he had nothing at all is false.

I like Jeff Fisher and always took the "Fisher side" in the Shanahan/Fisher debates, but he's over rated. He's a good coach, but not what people want to make him out to be...and it's been a long time since he's made anything relevant...

86WARD
07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Fisher won with Pardee's guys :chuckle:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

LMAO. I like it...

TeeTee
07-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Not true. He had a defense that was decent. Not the best, but above average. He had Sam Bradford, when healthy, was an above average QB...3500 yards and 20 TD. His first season he had Steven Jackson who I believe was a 1000 yard back. To say he had nothing at all is false.

I like Jeff Fisher and always took the "Fisher side" in the Shanahan/Fisher debates, but he's over rated. He's a good coach, but not what people want to make him out to be...and it's been a long time since he's made anything relevant...

Every single NFL has some talent, without exception. Let's say he had "relatively" nothing. And saying Bradford is decent _when healthy_ is like saying Sweed was good when he caught the ball. The Oiler team he inherited came off years of being very talented (Moon, Givens, Slaughter, White, Jeffries, Duncan, Barrow, Bishop, Childress, Dishman, Fuller, Sean Jones, Mathews, Bubba McDowell, Munchak) but by the time JF took over, a lot of those guys were still there but fading. They ended up 2-14 the year he took over mid season. That was not a good team.