PDA

View Full Version : Steelers rookie Gerod Holliman ready to "earn a starting position now"

hawaiiansteeler
06-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Steelers rookie Gerod Holliman ready to "earn a starting position now"

By Jeff.Hartman on Jun 30, 2015

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NLIDCN_3dLz8ur8vHW7cBs8PfD8=/7x0:3084x2051/500x333/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46640022/GettyImages-459721120.0.jpg

The Pittsburgh Steelers depth at the safety position is anything but certain. Rookie Gerod Holliman isn't about to take a 'wait-and-see' approach, yet wants to earn a spot now as a rookie.

When you look at the Pittsburgh Steelers depth chart at the safety position, it doesn't scream of definitive play makers. Mike Mitchell has seemingly locked down a starting role in the team's back end, but the position vacated by retired safety Troy Polamalu is essentially up for grabs. Shamarko Thomas seems to be the horse leading the race to enter training camp as the starter, but veteran Will Allen has proven his worth on more than one occasion.

One player people might not be thinking too much about is rookie safety Gerod Holliman. Holliman set the NCAA record in 2014 with 14 interceptions, and he isn't about to take a 'wait-and-see' approach to playing time in 2015.

"I just want to go out and work hard and earn a starting position and establish my ground right now coming in as a rookie." Holliman told Teresa Varley of Steelers.com.

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/6/30/8867435/steelers-rookie-gerod-holliman-ready-to-earn-a-starting-position-now

steelreserve
06-30-2015, 04:22 PM
I have heard a lot about how he has obvious holes in his game, but if he can fix them he could be the steal of the draft.

On the other hand, a guy who makes his name as that kind of ball hawk plays a dangerous game, and there's an equal chance it worked in college, but in the pros the receivers are a step faster and an inch taller, and the QBs are just a hair more accurate, and you flame out in a hurry. Call it a coin flip. Would be great if it goes our way, though.

st33lersguy
06-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Don't tell us you want to earn the spot, show us