PDA

View Full Version : Bud Dupree: We want to be the group that revives Steelers defense

polamalubeast
06-30-2015, 12:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/30/bud-dupree-we-want-to-be-the-group-that-revives-steelers-defense/

Steelman
06-30-2015, 12:54 PM
All I can say is, hell yeah!! :tt02:

TD's & Beer
06-30-2015, 01:14 PM
We're countin' on ya, son

Kick some fucking ass!

http://imgick.cleveland.com/home/cleve-media/width960/img/plain-dealer/photo/2015/06/25/-57f142137346ceca.JPG

Sacks totals have been in decline since 2011, and last season they reached a 26-year low with just 33.

Like, somebody do something.

TeeTee
06-30-2015, 01:46 PM
All I can say is, hell yeah!! :tt02:

Quoting the great LT, "Go after em like a pack of wild dogs!"

steelreserve
06-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Q: What did James Harrison, Joey Porter and Lamarr Woodley (when he was good) have in common?

A: Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith.

I sure hope Tuitt and McCullers can live up to that level of production, or at least come close - otherwise in three years, we'll be drafting another OLB in the first round and wondering why the last guy never lived up to his draft status.

TD's & Beer
06-30-2015, 08:17 PM
We've never come close to replacing Aaron Smith.

That's where the downfall began.

ayep

Bluecoat96
06-30-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm going to completely speculate here. (the media does it, why can't I?)

I get the strong feeling that Coach Dad had a certain way he wanted to run his defense. He was wildly successful here for many years. When he no longer had the type of players (Hampton, A Smith, a younger Troy...etc.) he was still hell bent on running his scheme....i.e the old square peg in a round hole analogy. I think this is why he was shown the door, albeit in a more diplomatic way. Reading little things here and there this off season, I get the real feeling that while we'll still run many of the same concepts, but the scheme will be adjusted at times to cater to the players at hand. (the wade Phillips thread, Cameron Heyward ' s comments, etc.) We'll see. I am very hopeful for the D though.

st33lersguy
06-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Don't let us down Bud. Help the d become a worthy compliment to the o

TD's & Beer
06-30-2015, 10:26 PM
I am very hopeful for the D though.

That's the hope.

I am feeling some new blood has to help

Color me an optimist.

meanwhile, Go Ben!

You are our salvation

amen

86WARD
07-01-2015, 05:31 AM
I'm going to completely speculate here. (the media does it, why can't I?)

I get the strong feeling that Coach Dad had a certain way he wanted to run his defense. He was wildly successful here for many years. When he no longer had the type of players (Hampton, A Smith, a younger Troy...etc.) he was still hell bent on running his scheme....i.e the old square peg in a round hole analogy. I think this is why he was shown the door, albeit in a more diplomatic way. Reading little things here and there this off season, I get the real feeling that while we'll still run many of the same concepts, but the scheme will be adjusted at times to cater to the players at hand. (the wade Phillips thread, Cameron Heyward ' s comments, etc.) We'll see. I am very hopeful for the D though.

I tend to agree with you. However, when the Steelers lost Smith in 2007, they still wound up the number one D in the league. They did lose the Wild Card game to the Jags and the Jags rushed for a couple TDs and something close to 150 yards?