PDA

View Full Version : Steelers find stability and efficiency in offensive line

stillers4me
06-20-2015, 12:56 PM
It took the Steelers a decade to reach this point with their offensive line. They will mark the occasion by taking one last tour through the NFL before they might break it up. That group finally reached a state of stability, consistency and overall competence last season to rank eighth best among NFL offensive lines, according to ratings kept by Pro Football Focus.

That was nearly a double leap from their No. 15 ranking a year earlier. But having already paid top dollar to two starters and preparing to do so with a third, the Steelers might decide they cannot pour any more money into a unit that helped make their offense one of the most potent in the NFL last season.

Left tackle Kelvin Beachum, left guard Ramon Foster and No. 3 tackle Mike Adams are entering the final year of their contracts, and there is no indication the team has moved to negotiate an extension with any of them.........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/06/18/Steelers-find-stability-and-efficiency-in-offensive-line/stories/201506180076

TeeTee
06-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Beachum yes. Adams? He is possibly the worst OT in the NFL.

tube517
06-20-2015, 01:53 PM
This is a good group. However, the story begins and ends with Mike Munchak. Period.

86WARD
06-20-2015, 04:08 PM
This is a good group. However, the story begins and ends with Mike Munchak. Period.

This.

GBMelBlount
06-20-2015, 06:08 PM
After investing a lot of #1 and #2 picks in our offensive line I believe they are above average talent-wise.

So while Munch is very good I think we would be close to top ten with even an average coach.

I hope we can do some damage this year before we lose pieces of what is currently a very good offensive line.

SteelerFanInStl
06-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Beachum needs an extension, the other 2 they can let walk.

Bluecoat96
06-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Beachum needs an extension, the other 2 they can let walk.
Why would they let Decastro walk?

hawaiiansteeler
06-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Why would they let Decastro walk?

they wouldn't, I'm pretty sure he meant Adams and Foster...

Bluecoat96
06-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Man I hope so. Watching him pull to the left and take it to the Bengals was a thing of beauty.

SteelerFanInStl
06-21-2015, 04:07 PM
That's correct.

Psycho Ward 86
06-21-2015, 04:59 PM
so many young players with upcoming contracts. if we got to a point where we had to choose between beachum and decastro im pretty torn.

Beachum: playing arguably the 2nd most important position in football, one of the better OT's in the league albeit with a limited ceiling because of his size.

Decastro: one of the best at his position, highly athletic and useful as we move towards using more and more ZBS

i hope we catch a lucky break and one of them takes somewhat of a hometown discount. or Villanueva pans out

86WARD
06-21-2015, 08:52 PM
If they let DeCastro walk, I'd flip my shit...