PDA

View Full Version : Steelers veteran cornerback looks to hold off rookies gunning for his job

stillers4me
06-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Antonio Brown returned a punt 71 yards for a touchdown early in the first quarter to stake the Steelers to an early lead in the regular-season finale against the Bengals in January. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 317 yards and two touchdowns, and Brice McCain had two interceptions en route to the 27-17 victory that clinched the AFC North division title.

But when the game was on the line late in the fourth quarter, one of the smallest players on the field made the biggest play of the contest. With Cincinnati driving toward a tying field goal or possibly a go-ahead touchdown, Antwon Blake, a 5-foot-9 cornerback who was pressed into action because of late-season injuries, stripped Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green of the ball and recovered the fumble at the 30-yard line.

Three plays later, Roethlisberger threw a 63-yard touchdown pass to Brown. And minutes after that the Steelers were celebrating an AFC North title in the locker room...........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/06/19/Veteran-cornerback-looks-to-hold-off-rookies-gunning-for-his-job-with-Pittsburgh-Steelers/stories/201506190112

TeeTee
06-20-2015, 02:19 PM
I like him; I think he's a keeper. We are going to field short DBs, but that doesn't mean they stink. Get some pressure on the QB and these guys (Blake, Gay and Golson) will do fine.