PDA

View Full Version : Steelers get a two for one deal with new recruit

stillers4me
06-20-2015, 12:51 PM
What a wide receiver does with the ball after the play ends is often insignificant, an afterthought in the game’s schemes and complexities. But for Devin Gardner, the split second after the play is a key to developing his identity as a wide receiver, even if he’s only playing the position for a single day.

“I don’t even throw the ball back, like I toss it back underhand just to get the mentality that I’m playing receiver today,” Gardner said.

Throwing the ball overhand resembles too much Gardner’s identity as a quarterback. Though Gardner enters training camp fighting for a roster spot with the Steelers at wide receiver and quarterback, he tries to act the specific part no matter which position he is playing.

“When I play quarterback, I have quarterback swag, I look more like Ben [Roethlisberger],” Gardner said, laughing.

He has received extensive playing time at quarterback and wide receiver in organized team activities and minicamps. When he signed with the team after a brief stint with the Patriots, the Steelers coaching staff told Gardner they were intrigued by his ability at multiple positions and wanted to evaluate him at both............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/06/20/Steelers-get-a-two-for-one-deal-with-new-recruit-Devin-Gardner/stories/201506200015

86WARD
06-20-2015, 01:38 PM
I hope he sticks around in an Antwan Randle El type role.

Bluecoat96
06-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I hope he sticks around in an Antwan Randle El type role.
Me too....although I'm a blind Homer Michigan fan. Lol

86WARD
06-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Other than being a Michigan fan, you're not a bad guy...lol