PDA

View Full Version : Gay, straight, dude wouldn't have worked out in Pgh

TeeTee
06-16-2015, 12:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/15/alouettes-g-m-very-surprised-michael-sam-left-training-camp/

I think it's clear Sams wanted to be a celebrity more than he wanted to play football.

Some thought the Steelers should give him a look. I say, "no thank you."

He reportedly wasn't working hard in St. Louis or Dallas, and now he just walks out up in Canada.

All this guy's rhetoric about "I just want to play football" isn't sounding true at this point. I started doubting his true intentions when he laid that big kiss on his boyfriend for the cameras when he got drafted. That seemed contrived at the time, and now it seems he was all about "the gay show" all along. It seems he was all about getting attention for being a "gay hero" than actually playing football all along. I am glad Pgh was never interested.

ALLD
06-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Another confused individual that found out life does not always go as planned.

Godfather
06-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Never would have been of much use to us anyway. He can't play in a 3-4.

86WARD
06-16-2015, 06:58 PM
He wouldn't have worked out in Pittsburgh and that's why he was never drafted or signed in Pittsburgh...not really sure what the point is.

zulater
06-16-2015, 07:23 PM
It's a shame former ( and deceased ) Redskin tight end Jerry Smith came along in the era he did. Because he truly was the sort of person and player (imo) who could have come out in today's climate and absolutely thrived both on a personal level and as a football player. For one thing he had unquestionable NFL talent. And on a personal level he was able to conduct himself with dignity even when many knew his "secret". Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but from what I can gather being gay was something Jerry Smith was, but not who he was. I mean your sexuality is obviously part of who you are, but if you allow it to become the essence of who you are then I think you've got genuine mental issues.

TeeTee
06-17-2015, 11:02 AM
It's a shame former ( and deceased ) Redskin tight end Jerry Smith came along in the era he did. Because he truly was the sort of person and player (imo) who could have come out in today's climate and absolutely thrived both on a personal level and as a football player. For one thing he had unquestionable NFL talent. And on a personal level he was able to conduct himself with dignity even when many knew his "secret". Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but from what I can gather being gay was something Jerry Smith was, but not who he was. I mean your sexuality is obviously part of who you are, but if you allow it to become the essence of who you are then I think you've got genuine mental issues.

Well said. It now appears Sams wanted to be a "gay hero" first and foremost, like since he was the first one to come out of closet during his career that he should get special treatment. It seems like he wasn't working hard or going all out. It's a shame that the first one to "come out" set a bad example. Not that I concluded anything, but that kiss on camera after he was drafted seemed contrived and nothing but grandstanding.

TeeTee
06-18-2015, 05:09 PM
He wouldn't have worked out in Pittsburgh and that's why he was never drafted or signed in Pittsburgh...not really sure what the point is.

My only point was that gay, straight, purple or blue, it appears the guy's heart never was really in football, not looking at his actions since the draft. So, in the end, him being openly gay is irrelevant; he has been on 3 teams and didn't put forth enough effort to stay on the team, or he flat out just walked out like in Canada.

tube517
06-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Meh. More offseason non stories. :yawn:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

86WARD
06-18-2015, 10:03 PM
My only point was that gay, straight, purple or blue, it appears the guy's heart never was really in football, not looking at his actions since the draft. So, in the end, him being openly gay is irrelevant; he has been on 3 teams and didn't put forth enough effort to stay on the team, or he flat out just walked out like in Canada.

Trying to tie Pittsburgh into it was a reach...far reach at best...

TeeTee
06-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Trying to tie Pittsburgh into it was a reach...far reach at best...

Should we call a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamublance?"