PDA

View Full Version : Steelers linebacker Harrison leads by example despite reduced role

LLT
06-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Steelers linebacker Harrison leads by example despite reduced role
By Ralph N. Paulk (rpaulk@tribweb.com?subject=RE: Steelers linebacker Harrison leads by example despite reduced role story on TribLIVE.com)
Saturday, June 13, 2015,

A year ago, James Harrison awaited a phone call as his agent searched for the perfect match for his client's talents.
But the right deal still had not materialized months after the Cincinnati Bengals released Harrison. One of the NFL's most-feared linebackers reluctantly settled into retirement.

Harrison insisted he had something to contribute. His naysayers, though, figured it was the end for a player whose game usually was defined by a resistance to conform to rules changes that were intended to temper his aggressiveness. When it appeared Harrison had taken a curtain call, injuries to Steelers linebackers Jarvis Jones and Ryan Shazier convinced him to abandon retirement just three games into the 2014 season.

Harrison, who will begin his 13th season when the Steelers open the regular season Sept. 10 at New England, is feeling good about his role, even if it is a limited one.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8540267-74/harrison-role-steelers#ixzz3d3c1To4U

TeeTee
06-14-2015, 01:32 PM
I definitely don't think his role will be "as limited" as the staff coming in. My guess he will be too much better than anyone else to keep off the field. The only possible exception will be if Dupree smashes it as a rookie and Jones plays up to his draft slot. Short of that, #92 will be on the field more than not.

hawaiiansteeler
06-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Alex Kozora ‏@Alex_Kozora -

Temperature nearly 200 degrees on this field in AZ. James Harrison is in a sweatshirt & weight vest. He's not human

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CInlisiWsAA0NFf.jpg

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora

Steeldude
06-28-2015, 11:26 PM
But remember, Harrison is useless and done. It's why no other teams wanted him. :crazy:

In 2015, it's Jarvis Jones that needs to finally prove something. The Steelers can't keep depending on Harrison.

On a different note, I think Roosevelt Nix should be getting reps with the OLBs, not at FB. He could turn out to be another Harrison-type player.

katmandu
06-29-2015, 09:46 AM
In 2015, it's Jarvis Jones that needs to finally prove something. The Steelers can't keep depending on Harrison.I want to know if Jarvis has been working out like James has and also what James thinks of Jarvis's progression.

tube517
06-29-2015, 10:30 AM
I definitely don't think his role will be "as limited" as the staff coming in. My guess he will be too much better than anyone else to keep off the field. The only possible exception will be if Dupree smashes it as a rookie and Jones plays up to his draft slot. Short of that, #92 will be on the field more than not.

I agree with this. Harrison may start out in spot duty but when games get close, he'll be in there.