PDA

View Full Version : OLB Bud Dupree getting first-team reps, wants to go against best

hawaiiansteeler
06-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Steelers OLB Bud Dupree getting first-team reps, wants to go against best

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2015%2F0302%2Fncf_a_kentts_1296x7 29.jpg&w=267

Bud Dupree says he dropped into coverage often as a linebacker at Kentucky, which he thinks will ease his transition to the NFL.

PITTSBURGH -- First-round pick Bud Dupree said he’s happy he is getting some first-team reps because he likes "going up against the best."

The Pittsburgh Steelers have veterans James Harrison and Arthur Moats along with third-year pro Jarvis Jones at outside linebacker, but Dupree confirmed they are working him in with first- and second-team reps.

The Steelers appear to be grooming Dupree as an eventual starter.

"Everything is starting to click," Dupree said. "(My goal is) to show them I know the plays and show them they can trust me."

The Steelers selected Dupree No. 22 overall in this year’s draft. Dupree ran a 4.56-second 40-yard dash, which is big time for a 6-foot-4, 269-pounder. He also has a 42-inch vertical.

Dupree’s college stats aren’t gaudy -- he finished with 7.5 sacks for Kentucky in 2014 -- but Dupree has context for that. He dropped into coverage more than he rushed the passer at Kentucky, he said. That experience is helping him adapt to the Steelers' system that emphasizes both.

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/14086/steelers-olb-bud-dupree-getting-first-team-reps-wants-to-go-against-best

st33lersguy
06-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Really hope he can flourish and play up to his athletic ability.

pepsyman1
06-11-2015, 02:45 AM
It's a lot of IFs, but every team that tries to rebuild has to deal with the ifs. If this group of younger guys gels the way we hope, the front 7 could return to elite status for the next 5-7 years. Every year you see some team make a big jump in performance with part of their team, frequently unexpected by most of the experts. AFTER the fact, it's looks like an obvious no-brainer that everyone shoulda predicted based on the talent. Got my fingers crossed that we are that story this season on D

tube517
06-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Bust :chuckle:

Can't wait for preseason to see him in action