PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying NFL Network a lot more without Steeler-hating Sapp

TeeTee
06-09-2015, 03:53 PM
I am not quick to claim someone in the media is a "Steeler hate" as many of my friends do. For instance, although at one time Phil Simms seemed biased against us, a little, I totally do not see that now, even though most Steeler fans just keep claiming he is. The last several games I watched when he was an announcer, I felt he was very fair and objective calling the game.

That said, I do NOT feel that way about Warren Sapp. He was not only clearly a "Steeler hater" he was also an obnoxious a hole with almost no redeeming qualities. I didn't hate him as a player, but as a talking head, he is nothing more than hot air with seemingly no insights or vision. NFLN should have dumped him long ago. I don't wish bad things on people, but I have to admit, I didn't mind seeing him get busted. Karma caught up to fat boy.

This fool thought he could charm his way out of this sh-t. Sorry, loud mouth, you ain't talking your way out of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yBHbHJOgVQ

tube517
06-09-2015, 06:46 PM
I hate that jackhole but the hatred goes back to Lee Flowers' "Paper Champions" statement as well as when Sapp used to dance around in the Steelers area during warmups when they played each other.

st33lersguy
06-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Dude is a dope

TeeTee
06-09-2015, 07:40 PM
He's just a fool full of hot air. Nothing he has said has ever impressed me that he knows WTH he is talking about. He just hates the Steelers. I think he is envious of their long stretch of mostly winning, while he was on a team that had a short window of success and then back to sucking. Plus he played on terrible Raider teams where he was just collecting a check.

86WARD
06-09-2015, 09:00 PM
He's a fat windbag.

Steeldude
06-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Most, if not all, ex-NFL players make horrible anchors/announcers. I really couldn't understand Sapp without subtitles. I very rarely watch NFL Network or ESPN.

TeeTee
06-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Most, if not all, ex-NFL players make horrible anchors/announcers. I really couldn't understand Sapp without subtitles. I very rarely watch NFL Network or ESPN.

I watch a lot of both, but Sapp being gone has made NFLN a much better channel. Some x-players offer good insights and comments, like Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Phil Simms. But it is shocking how guys who you would think would know their football, like Jimmy Johnson, really suck at making predictions.

86WARD
06-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I watch NFL Network. I refuse to watch ESPN.

hawaiiansteeler
06-10-2015, 01:45 PM
He's a fat windbag.

that pretty accurately sums him up...

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.YeSnSeBkb4VsXXrsHV5wTw&pid=15.1&P=0https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.NEDbKZvK2QJZ3uzLqdOi9A&pid=15.1&P=0

TeeTee
06-10-2015, 01:52 PM
I watch NFL Network. I refuse to watch ESPN.

I watch a lot of ESPN shows, like Mike & Mike and First Take. And I find their NFL shows on gameday to be better than all the rest, although I surf around a lot on commercials.

I can't stand the shows that are basically a cascading cacophony of cackling witches. Fox is the absolute worst, but NFLN wasn't much better with Sapp and Irvin smacking their gums. ESPN yucks it up too, but I feel they have the most substance of any of them. Boomer and Jackson actually know the game well.

86WARD
06-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Berman has become the worst...there may not be anything on a TV that is more annoying and ESPNs faulty reporting put an end to it for me...

Steeldude
06-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Berman has become the worst...there may not be anything on a TV that is more annoying and ESPNs faulty reporting put an end to it for me...

I despised Berman from day one. I don't like his ass-kissing lackey Tom Jackson either.

- - - Updated - - -

I watch a lot of both, but Sapp being gone has made NFLN a much better channel. Some x-players offer good insights and comments, like Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Phil Simms. But it is shocking how guys who you would think would know their football, like Jimmy Johnson, really suck at making predictions.

You are right. I sort of meant the obvious morons some networks felt were going to be good additions.

I used to like watching Mark Malone on NFL Edge. What happened to Merrill Hoge? Is he still around?

86WARD
06-11-2015, 06:06 AM
I think Merrill Hoge and Jaworski still do that breakdown show...

tube517
06-11-2015, 06:19 AM
I think Merrill Hoge and Jaworski still do that breakdown show...

Isn't that on at 3am or something real late?

I despised Berman from day one. I don't like his ass-kissing lackey Tom Jackson either.

This. Tom Jackson is a Cheats** lover and looked like he was reporting a funeral when the Cheats** lost to the Rex Ryan Jets in that playoff game (after getting blown out in the regular season) in 2010.

fansince'76
06-11-2015, 07:15 AM
You are right. I sort of meant the obvious morons some networks felt were going to be good additions.

If you mean Deion Sanders and Crackhead Irvin, I couldn't agree more.

I stopped watching ESPN entirely after their SB XL coverage. Don't watch NFLN either. The only exception I make in either case is if they are broadcasting a Steelers game.

86WARD
06-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Isn't that on at 3am or something real late?

This. Tom Jackson is a Cheats** lover and looked like he was reporting a funeral when the Cheats** lost to the Rex Ryan Jets in that playoff game (after getting blown out in the regular season) in 2010.

I believe you are right. Maybe NFL Matchup?

Yeah...the drama ESPN creates when broadcasting and the fake pausing that Fat load Berman does is terrible. It's just an old and stale format they have going...it doesn't work...

Mach1
06-11-2015, 08:58 AM
If you mean Deion Sanders and Crackhead Irvin, I couldn't agree more.

I stopped watching ESPN entirely after their SB XL coverage. Don't watch NFLN either. The only exception I make in either case is if they are broadcasting a Steelers game.

I cant stand watching with all the mush mouths as stated above need subtitles. I would also add Marshall Faulk to the list of haters after his boy Warner was put down in the SB you could see the tears. :chuckle:

tube517
06-11-2015, 10:37 AM
I believe you are right. Maybe NFL Matchup?

Yeah...the drama ESPN creates when broadcasting and the fake pausing that Fat load Berman does is terrible. It's just an old and stale format they have going...it doesn't work...
That is the only show on BSPN that I would consider watching but it is on so late so I don't.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2