PDA

View Full Version : Starting role means Wallace must be more than just a deep threat

LLT
08-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Starting role means Wallace must be more than just a deep threat
By: Mike Bires, Times Sports Staff
Beaver County Times
Sunday August 29, 2010 12:05 AM

http://media.timesonline.com/thumb/368x276/29wallace_web672228.jpg

Mike Wallace could always go deep.

With his blazing speed, he’s always been able to streak past defensive backs and scorch them on long balls.

“I’ve been doing that since high school,” said Wallace, a second-year wide receiver for the Steelers who’s the fastest player on the team with a time of 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash. “And I’m going to keep on doing it until someone stops me.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1373/2010/august/29/-1c1870d451.html

stillers4me
08-29-2010, 10:57 AM
In fact, it’s been the 34-year-old Ward who’s taken Wallace, ten years his junior, under his wing. Ward constantly offers tips on the nuances of playing wide receiver.
“Tons,” Wallace said of how much Ward has helped him. “I can’t even explain how much he’s helped me. Without him, I don’t know where I’d be. He’s seen about everything there is. He’s definitely (sped) up the process for me.”

Just another reason to love Hines Ward. He knows his own career is on the downswing, yet he doesn't want to leave until he's sure the Steelers will be ok without him. Wallace, Sanders, and Brown are 3 of the luckiest guys in league today to have Hines sitting on their shoulders every step of the way. I am so excited for this young man!!

JayC
08-29-2010, 11:03 AM
i love me some wallace. i have no doubts in my mind that he will easily replace holmes as our #2

LLT
08-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Just another reason to love Hines Ward. He knows his own career is on the downswing, yet he doesn't want to leave until he's sure the Steelers will be ok without him. Wallace, Sanders, and Brown are 3 of the luckiest guys in league today to have Hines sitting on their shoulders every step of the way. I am so excited for this young man!!

I really do believe that is part of the legacy that Jerome Bettis passed on to the older players on this team.