PDA

View Full Version : Steelers teammates: Miller might have lost step but still a threat

stillers4me
06-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Heath Miller never was fast. Still, he always was quick enough to sneak through the secondary or outrun a linebacker.

Not anymore.

Reconstructive knee surgery 2 1⁄2 years ago robbed Miller, 32, of what playmaking speed he had left. Now he has become a catch-and-tackle guy: He catches the ball and then gets tackled.

Thing is, not many players can prevent him from catching the ball — not even his teammates during the first two weeks of organized team activities.

“You know he is not going to outrun you down the field anymore,” linebacker Sean Spence said. “Still, he finds a way to get open and make contested catches.”

That was on full display Wednesday during the fifth of 10 OTAs..............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/8481915-74/miller-gates-heath#ixzz3cC3MrA7M

ALLD
06-05-2015, 02:33 PM
He gets open and has good hands. He no longer has a burst of speed. If he starts dropping the ball more often which started to surface a few times, then it's time to retire.

86WARD
06-05-2015, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't say he ever had a "burst of speed". Unless our definitions of "burst of speed" differ...

Count Steeler
06-07-2015, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't say he ever had a "burst of speed". Unless our definitions of "burst of speed" differ...

I guess it is all relative.

hawaiiansteeler
06-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Heath Miller’s Quiet Leadership Proves Effective

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/06/heath-millers-quiet-leadership-proves-effective/ …

Lady Steel
06-19-2015, 12:19 AM

He has bursts of speed like Big Ben. They both just look big and cumbersome running with the football. I love them both, though, especially my Heathy-poo. :lol:

86WARD
06-19-2015, 05:26 AM
He has bursts of speed like Big Ben. They both just look big and cumbersome running with the football. I love them both, though, especially my Heathy-poo. :lol:

That's what I mean...he never had speed but once he got moving he was hard to stop.