PDA

View Full Version : Bell: 'I still have things to prove'

stillers4me
06-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Running back Le’Veon Bell is loving being on the field for Steelers OTAs. It doesn’t even matter if people refer to it as, “Football in shorts.” Bottom line is - it’s football.

Back in January he would have given anything to be on the field with his teammates, preparing for the AFC Wild Card game against the Baltimore Ravens. But he was sidelined with a knee injury, turning the NFL’s second leading rusher into a spectator.

Fast forward to five months later and he is close to 100 percent, feeling good, and ready to take the next step, one that he feels can propel him to the next level in the NFL.

“I am really excited about my growth,” said Bell following the team’s fifth OTA session. “I feel like I learned a lot. I feel like I got faster and more explosive....................

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-I-still-have-things-to-prove/97114959-3fdf-473b-9b10-65486f0a95d0

86WARD
06-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Love this kid.

ALLD
06-04-2015, 08:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

TeeTee
06-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Just stay off the lettuce, avoid season ending shots, and he will be AOK.

zulater
06-04-2015, 05:08 PM
When the hell is his appeal going to be heard? :frusty:

86WARD
06-04-2015, 07:22 PM
When the hell is his appeal going to be heard? :frusty:

What appeal? The NFL knows nothing about that...

hawaiiansteeler
06-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Bell looking to break more long runs

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

RB Le'Veon Bell shares his thoughts on breaking long runs, the o-line and more.

Running back Le’Veon Bell shared on Wednesday that he still feels like he has a lot to prove, despite having a record breaking season in 2014.

He also gave his thoughts on a variety of other subjects in a one-on-one interview, from his desire to break more long runs this year, to the offensive line, and fellow running back DeAngelo Williams.

On wanting to break more long runs this year and how to do it:
“It’s making the defense play all of their gaps, play honest. If they don’t, if they get a little greedy, you have to make them pay. That’s when the big runs come. You see a defender try to make a tackle and he is out of his gap. I have to make a defense pay every time for that. When they make that mistake, and everybody is human, when one of them make a mistake I have to make them pay.”

On the offense working to improve their red zone performance:
“We started off as a team real slow in the red zone last year. We started getting better at the end of the year. That’s something we have to cash in every time. I feel like as good of an offense as we have, we move the ball up and down the field but we struggle in the red zone. It doesn’t make sense if you think about it. We got better at the end of the year. I am excited about coming into this year. We have to start off hot in the red zone, not settling for three points, because we are capable of six every time.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bell-looking-to-break-more-long-runs/54222e34-f50b-425e-8a4b-eb2cb5de4626

ALLD
06-04-2015, 08:17 PM
I was going to start the next season in the NFL
But I got high
Now I got the first three games off
And I know why
Cuz I got high
Cuz I got high
Cuz I got high