PDA

View Full Version : One positive change from last season

TeeTee
06-02-2015, 09:23 PM
On the not so positive note, this Tomlin coached team still seems to not get focused for weaker opponents. Losing to TB and the Jets, and nearly losing to Jags was painful and pathetic.

However, one thing that did change was that in some of the wins, they didn't allow the opponent to stay in the game the entire time, like they had been for several year. This team could get medieval on their asses and blow up on teams, blowing them out. That was a very refreshing change from always allowing teams to stay in the game, even in wins. The blow out wins vs. Indy, Cinci, Balt and Texans were sure a lot of fun. Let's hope that continues. I don't always enjoy a nail biter every stinkin game.

polamalubeast
06-05-2015, 03:00 PM
When the Steelers were 3-3, the Steelers were too conservative in offense and the Steelers had only 20 points per game at this time.In the past 10 games, the Steelers were more aggressive and the Steelers scored 31 points per game.

And replaced Justin Brown by Bryant also helped.....Justin Brown was a scrub and Bryant is a very good deep threat.

TeeTee
06-05-2015, 03:03 PM
When the Steelers were 3-3, the Steelers were too conservative in offense and the Steelers had only 20 points per game at this time.In the past 10 games, the Steelers were more aggressive and the Steelers scored 31 points per game.

And replaced Justin Brown by Bryant also helped.....Justin Brown was a scrub and Bryant is a very good deep threat.

There is no denying that when they started to us MB, it seemed to just open up the O all the more. And we keep forgetting about Wheaton, who also had a few really big games.

86WARD
06-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Justin Brown was another player that should've never seen the green of an NFL field. Lance Moore should've been handling those snaps from Day One.

polamalubeast
06-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Justin Brown was another player that should've never seen the green of an NFL field. Lance Moore should've been handling those snaps from Day One.

It was a big reason why the Steelers struggled in the First 6 games.

I understand that Bryant was maybe not ready in the beginning of season, but I'm not sure he would have been on the field against Houston if the Steelers would have had an ugly win against the browns the week before

Justin Brown:94 yards on 21 targets....Bryant:549 yards on 48 targets....Big difference

86WARD
06-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Even if they kept Bryant of the field, Moore should've been out there way before Brown...

tube517
06-05-2015, 09:09 PM

I agree but Moore was hurt late preseason, early reg season. Justin Brown caught Landry Jones/Cam Thomas/Cliff Stoudt syndrome and just sucked.

86WARD
06-06-2015, 06:28 AM
I think Moore was only out for Weeks 1 and 2? So I can understand him being on the roster, but anything beyond the Panthers or Bucs games was a mistake. This is coming from a Penn State fan rooting for the "local kid." Nothing would've made me happier to see Brown succeed with the Steelers...but he was pretty terrible.

stillers4me
06-06-2015, 08:54 AM
We don't have many "weak opponent" this year, so playing down to them shouldn't be a problem.