PDA

View Full Version : With Polamalu out of picture, Thomas trying to seize opportunity with Steelers

stillers4me
06-02-2015, 09:01 AM
When Troy Polamalu missed four games with injuries in his final season, the Steelers turned to veteran Will Allen to take his spot in the starting lineup. The player they drafted to replace Polamalu played one defensive snap the entire season.

Shamarko Thomas was selected in the fourth round of the 2013 draft, and after two injury-plagued seasons, this 5-foot-9, 217-pound safety enters a make-or-break season.

“It’s definitely an important year for me,” Thomas said. “It’s my third year. I’ve been in the playbook for two years. I know the defense. I know the techniques, adjustments, I know how to watch film, how to be a pro. I just want to seize every moment and take full advantage.”............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/06/02/With-Troy-Polamalu-out-of-picture-Shamarko-Thomas-trying-to-seize-opportunity-with-Steelers/stories/201506020043

TeeTee
06-02-2015, 06:23 PM
When Troy Polamalu missed four games with injuries in his final season, the Steelers turned to veteran Will Allen to take his spot in the starting lineup. The player they drafted to replace Polamalu played one defensive snap the entire season.

Shamarko Thomas was selected in the fourth round of the 2013 draft, and after two injury-plagued seasons, this 5-foot-9, 217-pound safety enters a make-or-break season.

“It’s definitely an important year for me,” Thomas said. “It’s my third year. I’ve been in the playbook for two years. I know the defense. I know the techniques, adjustments, I know how to watch film, how to be a pro. I just want to seize every moment and take full advantage.”............

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/06/02/With-Troy-Polamalu-out-of-picture-Shamarko-Thomas-trying-to-seize-opportunity-with-Steelers/stories/201506020043

Do you think some of Shark's bulk was achieved by using PEDs and do you think they are partly why he is so injury prone?