PDA

View Full Version : Being the Steelers win tonight and stay undeated???

BPS3akaWirels3
08-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Should we be excited and proud after tonights game with another win and being undeated? The only other undeated team is the Raven's in preseason.. Yes I know it's only preseason and regular season can be the opposite. Is this a good sign or what? I'm not getting cocky or anything but it just looks to be a good season. Tonight will show a lot more being the 1st string will be in most of the game..

SMR
08-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Should we be excited and proud after tonights game with another win and being undeated? The only other undeated team is the Raven's in preseason.. Yes I know it's only preseason and regular season can be the opposite. Is this a good sign or what? I'm not getting cocky or anything but it just looks to be a good season. Tonight will show a lot more being the 1st string will be in most of the game..

I know it's only pre-season, but the Steelers and Gavens actually do look impressive already. I am so excited for the Black 'n Gold this year- I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!! :dance::dance:

BPS3akaWirels3
08-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Can we be this way yet?? I just don't want to jump the gun.. It's wrong but feels so right..

SteelerSal
08-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Can we be this way yet?? I just don't want to jump the gun.. It's wrong but feels so right..

:lol:

SMR
08-29-2010, 08:41 AM

I'm with ya on this one bud!

Kaeg
I seriously don't think the record is relevant in any way. It's a test of back ups, primarily, IMO. Now if you want to bring superstitions into play, I think I'd rather we have a loss in here somewhere. There's something about an undefeated preseason I don't like. Like setting up for a fall or something. I don't know. Call me crazy. :crazy:

BPS3akaWirels3
I'm with ya on this one bud!

Si Senor

stillers4me
08-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Winning just feels good.

The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. :lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
08-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Winning just feels good.

Aw crap.. Now ya did it...

polamalubeast
08-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Winning just feels good.

The steelers have a record of 12-3 in preseason since 2007, so I'm not worried about her!

HometownGal
08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't care if we were 0-4 in the preseason as long as we're piling up those W's in the regular season. For me, the preseason is all about taking a good, hard look at our depth at every position, our draft picks and seeing what works and what doesn't.

That being said - GO STEELERS!!! :tt02: Kick some donkey ass tonight! :bananadoggywow:

BPS3akaWirels3
08-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't care if we were 0-4 in the preseason as long as we're piling up those W's in the regular season. For me, the preseason is all about taking a good, hard look at our depth at every position, our draft picks and seeing what works and what doesn't.

That being said - GO STEELERS!!! :tt02: Kick some donkey ass tonight! :bananadoggywow:

I want to see some Tebow face planting tonight.. lol

LLT
08-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Pre-season is funny....and alot of the pre-season records are dependent upon the arbitrary mind of a team's coach. Some coaches who have "set" starters will spend alot of time trying to sort out which backups will make the final roster. Because of that and the need to give specific players "reps"...the game plan is often thrown out the window and we may see a pass when we should have ran or vise versa.

Other coaches use the third game as the dress rehearsal and will let their starters get the majority of the reps...but again the playbook is more of a "guideline" at this point in the season and a coach will rarely pass on an opportunity to go for the 4th and short....or take the loooong field goal.

Tomlin has shown himself to be in between those two type of coaches and we should see alot of our starters along with play by those individuals who are borderline starters. It might be more interesting to see who isn't playing at specific times.

43Hitman
08-29-2010, 09:16 AM
I seriously don't think the record is relevant in any way. It's a test of back ups, primarily, IMO. Now if you want to bring superstitions into play, I think I'd rather we have a loss in here somewhere. There's something about an undefeated preseason I don't like. Like setting up for a fall or something. I don't know. Call me crazy. :crazy:

Yeah, I feel the same way. We need to lose one so we and the coaches have something to bitch about.

fansince'76
08-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Winning just feels good.

This. Even though I wouldn't be bothered by a preseason loss, it's always nicer to win.

GoSlash27
08-29-2010, 09:48 AM
I don't care one way or the other so long as Tomlin gets enough info to make the proper cuts and nobody gets hurt.

BuddhaBus
08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Winning just feels good.

And I remember the 49ers went 0-4 in the preseason back in the 80s and kicked ass and won the Super Bowl. These preseason records mean jack shit in the be all end all, but it does feel good getting the "W" anyway. Go Steelers! :tt03:

venom
08-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I remember the NY Jets in 1992 went 5-0 in the preseason only to finish the regular season at 4-12. Nevertheless , it would be nice to win the 3rd game so we can see our starters play atleast until the half or longer.

JayC
08-29-2010, 10:57 AM
i'd love a W in the 3rd preseason game. next weeks game is more like a scrimmage than any of them so this is all that matters until week 1

Butch
08-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Really don't care about the W's in pre-season, I want to see my team perform. I am concerned about the D's missed tackles last week that allowed a 3rd stringer to march the field on us and score an early TD. I am not overly worried just concerned.

I like that we have Sepulveda kicking off and (not trying to knock Logan) want to see Brown succeed as the return guy. Hopefully he can take one to the house tonght. It will also be good to see Dixon get his start with the 1st teamers. I don't care who wins that battle but I want to see Dixon with the starters at least for a couple series.

stillers4me
08-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Preseason preschmeeson. Televised tryouts.

But does anybody else feel that our preseason this year was much more interesting to watch, with 2 good backup QB's vying to start, and our young guys stepping up and making a name for themselves? I'm getting tingly thinking about the real games to come.

steelatl
08-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I want to see some Tebow face planting tonight.. lol

I just read somewhere that tebow won't be playing tonight. Apparently his ribs are still too sore. boohoo

steeldevil
08-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Very excited about tonights game. Hope to see some good things and a W (Even though it does not count)

Steeldude
08-29-2010, 02:50 PM
it would be nice to see the steelers' 1st string defense and O-line play better.

Steeltreal
08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Im really hoping Dwyer flashes tonite

GBMelBlount
08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
it would be nice to see the steelers' 1st string defense and O-line play better.

Agreed. I am currently leaning towards the "our scrubs kicked your scrubs ass!" mindset.

stillers4me
08-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Agreed. I am currently leaning towards the "our scrubs kicked your scrubs ass!" mindset.

I think I can live with that!! :chuckle:

HollywoodSteel
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Preseason preschmeeson. Televised tryouts.

But does anybody else feel that our preseason this year was much more interesting to watch, with 2 good backup QB's vying to start, and our young guys stepping up and making a name for themselves? I'm getting tingly thinking about the real games to come.

I think this exactly right. Pre-season is always fun to watch, especially to see how your new guys perform (like watching Logan take one to the house last year), but this year has an added dynamic. We have a quarterback battle and controversy that the fans can debate, question the coaches ultimate decision, etc. It's kind of fun in a way... not that I'm pleased we're in this situation. Just makes the games more interesting.

tube517
08-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Good, then we can knock Brady Quinn on his ass.

I just read somewhere that tebow won't be playing tonight. Apparently his ribs are still too sore. boohoo

X-Terminator
08-29-2010, 05:06 PM

McDaniels said that Kyle Orton and the first team is going to play into the 3rd quarter, then Brady Queen will take over from there.

steelpride12
08-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Ya pre-season doesn't mean much at all I mean the 08 lions and I think a year or two ago's Raiders went undefeated and see what happened with them. Still just a good feeling to win games and hopefully a win tonight would be the best since the starting offense will be out there for 3 quarters.

Steeltreal
08-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Top 5 starters i wouldnt play more than 1 quarter. Troy , Starks , Kemo , Woodley , Smith

SMR
08-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Im really hoping Dwyer flashes tonite

Uh....I'm sure the women would love that! :chuckle: