PDA

View Full Version : No need for Steelers to shoo away Heath Miller

stillers4me
05-31-2015, 09:29 AM
The meeting lasted about five minutes and probably produced very little of anything Heath Miller hadn’t heard 100 times before, but on the Steelers practice field after organized team activities one day this week, it was somehow necessary that tight ends coach James Daniel confer with Heath Miller and the half-dozen or so men who would be Heath Miller.

As at no time before, the restless clamor among the fan base to identify and draft the next great Steelers tight end began to crescendo this spring.

One would hope they all realize that the next great Steelers tight end might get here eventually, but there might never be another Heath Miller.............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2015/05/31/Gene-Collier-No-need-for-Steelers-to-shoo-away-Heath-Miller/stories/201505310156

86WARD
05-31-2015, 03:06 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't feel like Miller is near retirement and I definitely don't think he needs to be replaced. He's still one of the better TEs in this league. I'm not seeing where all the "he's washed up" stuff is coming from...

salamander
06-01-2015, 07:02 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't feel like Miller is near retirement and I definitely don't think he needs to be replaced. He's still one of the better TEs in this league. I'm not seeing where all the "he's washed up" stuff is coming from...

He's old, you know, like the rest of the team. :chuckle:

tube517
06-01-2015, 09:39 AM
66 catches, 761 yards and being a 6th O-lineman is underachieving. Cut him.

hawaiiansteeler
06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
there might never be another Heath Miller.............

Lady Steel agrees...:love2:

Da bus
06-01-2015, 07:09 PM
He does well as a blocker and has never been a guy that creates separation in the passing game, so him losing a step shouldn't have much of an impact. I wouldn't say he's a top tier tight end, but he's dependable for the most part and we have a bunch of athletic wrs to mesh with his skill set.

Lady Steel
06-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Lady Steel agrees...:love2:

Damn straight! I'll be bawling my eyes out when Heath retires.

I want to golf with Heath. He would win because I'm not that good yet. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2015, 12:48 AM
I want to golf with Heath. He would win because I'm not that good yet. :lol:

do you know if Heath is a golfer or not?

Lady Steel
06-02-2015, 12:50 AM
do you know if Heath is a golfer or not?

I know he plays miniature golf and that's good enough for me because I'm better at putt-putt. :lol:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Miller-golfs-for-a-good-cause/601eae3c-225c-49c9-a1cd-a5fbe795f42d

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2015, 12:53 AM
I know he plays miniature golf and that's good enough for me because I'm better at putt-putt. :lol:

I'm actually a better real golfer than at miniature, those damn windmills get me every single time...

Lady Steel
06-02-2015, 01:03 AM
I'm actually a better real golfer than at miniature, those damn windmills get me every single time...

Yeah, you have to time the windmills just right. :chuckle:

If you ever come to Pennsylvania or I ever get to Hawaii, you and I will golf together. Winner buys drinks and dinner, so I guess you'll get a free meal and drinks. Just make sure you have a lot of free hours available to golf because it takes me awhile. Like, bring a book to read or somethin'. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2015, 01:31 AM
Yeah, you have to time the windmills just right. :chuckle:

If you ever come to Pennsylvania or I ever get to Hawaii, you and I will golf together. Winner buys drinks and dinner, so I guess you'll get a free meal and drinks. Just make sure you have a lot of free hours available to golf because it takes me awhile. Like, bring a book to read or somethin'. :lol:

you got yourself a date! :hug:

there are some truly breathtaking courses here, please do let me know if you ever make it out to Hawaii. I'll definitely let you know if I ever fly out to Pittsburgh to catch a home game, it would be fun to also play a round of golf...

http://l.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/aG3Qxhw5_PdW9B3wAXV_7A--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9NDUwO3E9OTU7dz02MDA-/http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Apr/most_scenic_golf_courses_ka_600x450.jpg