PDA

View Full Version : Predictions from the moves

TeeTee
05-30-2015, 05:05 PM
So the Titans were 27th in D last year (pretty lousy and lacking of talent).

Steelers were 18th.

Now Dick LeBeau goes to TN. What will happen the units with these moves?

TN will improve to around 22nd.

Pgh will improve to 12th.

Count Steeler
05-31-2015, 09:36 AM
I really think Steelers will finish top 10.

No more trying to make room for Polamalu and Taylor. Hopefully they put their best 11 out there regardless of draft or other status. Let these jack rabbits make plays and we will be impressed.

Stick with the same complex, 3 years to learn crap, and we will be 25th in the league.

TeeTee
05-31-2015, 01:48 PM
I really think Steelers will finish top 10.

No more trying to make room for Polamalu and Taylor. Hopefully they put their best 11 out there regardless of draft or other status. Let these jack rabbits make plays and we will be impressed.

Stick with the same complex, 3 years to learn crap, and we will be 25th in the league.

I couldn't agree with you more but I am not sure if we make top 10 unless we find a decent pass rush. We have a 37-year old Harrison, who will still show flashes but not every down. We have a Jones who seemingly lacks the physical skills to play OLB well in the NFL, we got a Moats who is solid, but has never proven to be a pass rusher and a raw rookie. That concerns me a bit.

Count Steeler
05-31-2015, 03:33 PM
I think our DL is going to vastly improve. All the credit, however will go to the LBERS, because they will actually make the tackles.

Call me a Homer, but I think our DBS are also going to perform beyond our expectations.

TeeTee
05-31-2015, 03:51 PM
I think our DL is going to vastly improve. All the credit, however will go to the LBERS, because they will actually make the tackles.

Call me a Homer, but I think our DBS are also going to perform beyond our expectations.

The reason I agree on the DBs is because Dick ain't here any longer to force feed the Troy-Ike thing on us anymore. Once he was FORCED to play other guys, Blake and McCain did pretty well for complete no names. Gay is actually a solid player, even outside, which most of us thought he would suck at. If Shark makes it to becoming a legit starter, Mitchell will be better sans the Troy madness and I feel the rookies are going to add something since Butler won't be as anal about not playing younger players.

steelreserve
06-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Depends on how the young guys do. We need Tuitt to continue improving, at least one of Dupree or Jones to be adequate, and one of the CBs to be adequate. Then we will have an acceptable defense.

McCullers is the under-the-radar key to the whole thing. If he "gets it" this year, we will have an awesome defense. If not, despite a lot of other talented players, we'll still be trying to play a 3-4 defense without a nose tackle, so our ceiling tops out at pretty-good.

Da bus
06-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Top 10 is pushing it. I will be satisfied with a top 15. If we can be a top 12, we should be in the running to win it all. It really will just come down to getting off the field on 3rd and longs and creating turnovers.