PDA

View Full Version : Bettis believes Bell can develop into Steelers all-time best running back

LLT
05-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Bettis believes Bell can develop into Steelers all-time best running back
May 28, 2015
By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Four Steelers running backs have been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And then there is Le’Veon Bell.

One of those Hall of Famers thinks Bell could be the best of them all.

“I think if he continues on his course, I think he can be one of the best that ever put on a uniform — not just a Steelers uniform, one of the best running backs ever,” said Jerome Bettis, the most recent Steelers back voted into the Hall of Fame, where he will be inducted Aug. 8.

Bettis, Franco Harris, John Henry Johnson and Bill Dudley ran the ball for the Steelers and have their busts in Canton, Ohio. None produced as much as Bell did in his second year with the Steelers.

Read more at...http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/28/Bettis-believes-Bell-can-develop-into-Steelers-all-time-best-running-back/stories/201505280057

polamalubeast
05-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Last year Bell reminded me a bit to Marshall Faulk.Bell is very complete and he is a matchup nightmare for his opponents because of his talents as receiver.

If he stays healthy, he'll have a great career, I have no doubt in my mind

SteelerFanInStl
05-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Last year Bell reminded me a bit to Marshall Faulk.Bell is very complete and he is a matchup nightmare for his opponents because of his talents as receiver.

If he stays healthy, he'll have a great career, I have no doubt in my mind

He's very much like Faulk but with more power. If he can have an equivalent career, I'll be very happy.

86WARD
05-28-2015, 07:18 PM
If he has a career like Marshall Faulk and Marshall Faulk is a Hall of Famer. I think that would be a good thing.

TeeTee
05-28-2015, 07:20 PM
He's very much like Faulk but with more power. If he can have an equivalent career, I'll be very happy.

A Hall of Fame career and among the best ever to play the position? Yea, I'd be all right with that too. :eyebrows:

polamalubeast
05-28-2015, 07:48 PM
If he has a career like Marshall Faulk and Marshall Faulk is a Hall of Famer. I think that would be a good thing.

And a first ballot hall of famer!

ALLD
05-28-2015, 10:24 PM
He needs a crazy play like a ball dropping out of nowhere when he catches it and runs for a TD. Then they give the play a name.