PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jarvis Jones on rookie Bud Dupree: 'He's real intelligent'

LLT
05-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jarvis Jones on rookie Bud Dupree: 'He's real intelligent'

By Jacob Klinger
on May 27, 2015
pennlive.com

PITTSBURGH -- From what Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Jarvis Jones can tell, Bud Dupree is a quick study.

Dupree, who the Steelers drafted 22nd overall in the 2015 NFL Draft, has impressed his fellow first-round draft pick and outside linebacker in position meetings as he learns Pittsburgh's defense.

"He learns fast man," Jones said. "Just in the meeting room you can tell he's picking things up. I mean, it's Day 2, but he's picking things up so it's going well so far right now. I can speak only on what we have done."

Jones is starting at right outside linebacker ahead of James Harrison, the veteran said on Tuesday. Dupree plays second-string left outside linebacker opposite Harrison, Harrison said.

read more at http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/05/steelers_jarvis_bud_dupree_intelligent.html

TeeTee
05-28-2015, 02:10 PM
So, he must have just not tried on the Wonderlic test. He scored super low, and those things are accurate, assuming someone is trying or isn't dyslexic or something.

SteelerFanInStl
05-28-2015, 04:46 PM
So, he must have just not tried on the Wonderlic test. He scored super low, and those things are accurate, assuming someone is trying or isn't dyslexic or something.

He scored a 13 and Coates scored a 14. Dan Marino scored a 15 and our own Terry Bradshaw scored a 16 and those two guys turned out pretty well. Frank Gore scored a 6 and he's managed to have a pretty good career in the NFL.

I'm not going to put too much stock in it.

fansince'76
05-28-2015, 06:40 PM
He scored a 13 and Coates scored a 14. Dan Marino scored a 15 and our own Terry Bradshaw scored a 16 and those two guys turned out pretty well. Frank Gore scored a 6 and he's managed to have a pretty good career in the NFL.

I'm not going to put too much stock in it.

Exactly. It's football, not quantum physics.

86WARD
05-28-2015, 07:15 PM

I believe Rod Woodson scored a 13...

GBMelBlount
05-28-2015, 08:37 PM
It's nice that Jarvis can see someone else's light coming on.

Hopefully it will happen for him this year too...

teegre
05-29-2015, 02:19 PM
My brother-in-law can't spell anything. His texts to me are pure garbage. (Sometimes I show my wife, and we laugh.)

Yet, he has a PHD in mathematics (knot theory).

SUMMATION:
A mathematician doesn't need to know how to spell... just like Bud Dupree doesn't need to know the circumference of a circle with a radius of 3.5 cm.