PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Leading Youngsters To Water

stillers4me
05-27-2015, 05:49 AM
But will they drink it? That's the question the Steelers' defensive leader asks as a new culture makes its way in a new era.

James Harrison (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=8588373) started only four games last season so he wasn't all that surprised to find himself on the second team at the start of spring practices with the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://pit.scout.com/) yesterday.

"Not starting really isn't an issue for me," said the 37-year-old linebacker. "I came in not starting last year, so it is what it is. I'll just put it like that."

Harrison did play well last season, and he finished strong, starting the final two games of the regular season and then the playoff game. It convinced him to return for another season, and this time he's back as the unquestioned leader of a defense that really needs leadership................

Read more @ http://pit.scout.com/story/1549639-harrison-leading-youngsters-to-water?s=68

Steelman
05-27-2015, 09:01 AM
At this rate James will be our next linebackers coach after Joey gets promoted to defensive coordinator. :chuckle:

TeeTee
05-27-2015, 12:00 PM
At this rate James will be our next linebackers coach after Joey gets promoted to defensive coordinator. :chuckle:

Where is Butler going? iDK, man. Deebo might be too hardcore to be a coach. I could see him doing a Singletary and flaming out over the mentality of today's players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5-yJM3vJc

tube517
05-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Butler has a guaranteed job at 2 other cities if this doesn't work out

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

TeeTee
05-27-2015, 02:40 PM
Butler has a guaranteed job at 2 other cities if this doesn't work out

The owners are the Rooneys, the slowest reacting owners in all of sports. The D could fall into a full blown conflagration and Butler won't be going anywhere for 2 years min. And my guess is they will show steady improvement as the season progresses. The only way I see Butler as gone is positioning for a head coach gig, which will most likely take more than 1 season. He would have to have that D as a top tier D to get offers after just 1 season.

tube517
05-27-2015, 03:54 PM
The owners are the Rooneys, the slowest reacting owners in all of sports. The D could fall into a full blown conflagration and Butler won't be going anywhere for 2 years min. And my guess is they will show steady improvement as the season progresses. The only way I see Butler as gone is positioning for a head coach gig, which will most likely take more than 1 season. He would have to have that D as a top tier D to get offers after just 1 season.
Right but my point is if he or anyone on the Steelers leaves, Pittsburgh West or Pittsburgh Nashville will be waiting. I don't care if it's now next year or 5 years from now they will drool.

TeeTee
05-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Right but my point is if he or anyone on the Steelers leaves, Pittsburgh West or Pittsburgh Nashville will be waiting. I don't care if it's now next year or 5 years from now they will drool.

Well, a lot can happen in between then. What if the D gets no better than it was last year? I doubt he will be a hot candidate in that case. Bottom line, if JJ and Shazier are busts, we will be in trouble. If the new DBs aren't up to par, that will also spell trouble. If Sharko can't stay healthy, etc....an awful lot can happen. But I get your point. As things stand, sure Steelers west and south would be interested.

Rotorhead
05-27-2015, 05:27 PM
I think our Def will be improved this season, honestly the only x-factor is going to be Cortez, our secondary will go as he goes. If he rebounds the entire unit will be much improved, if not, it will be another long year for the def. We know Shark can cover and if Mitchell really had injuries then our safeties will be fine. Gay has shown he can be a solid #2, and the slot should be fine as well. If Cortez can be our #1 and play like a #1 we will not only win the north, but make a legit run this season.