PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger ready for more pressure

polamalubeast
05-26-2015, 06:14 PM
After the first spring practice on the first day of the rest of his career, Ben Roethlisberger fielded all kinds of questions about pressure: Pressure to improve on the best passing season of any Steelers quarterback, pressure from opposing defenses and, of course, the air pressure in the footballs he throws.

Last to first, how does he like his footballs — pumped up, or, like Tom Brady, with a little air let out?

“People ask me all the time what our PSI is. I have no idea,” Roethlisberger said. “Whatever they put it at, I play with it.”

He added that he does not try to break in the game footballs the way other quarterbacks do, which is legal. “Not me. I never have. I am not even one that messes with the balls before the games to see which ones I like. I just go play.”

He did that better than ever in 2014, when he tied for the NFL lead with 4,952 passing yards, a Steelers record. His 103.3 passer rating ranked third. His ratio of touchdowns (32, tying his team record) to interceptions (9) of 78.04 percent was the best of his career. His completion rate of 67.1 percent set a team record of which there were many more last season.

How’s that Todd Haley/Roethlisberger relationship now?

But can they do even more in 2015?

“I hope so,” Roethlisberger said. “There are still a lot of areas we can improve in. We want to improve on third downs, improve in the red zone and we want to score more points. Obviously, guys had some amazing individual seasons last year and we had a really good season on offense in general, but there are always areas we can improve in and get better.”

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/05/26/Steelers-QB-ready-for-more-pressure/stories/201505270080

86WARD
05-26-2015, 08:32 PM
Just give him the ball and he'll throw it...just like it should be. Peyton and Brady were the bitches that asked for the rule change in 2006...