PDA

View Full Version : Steelers look to revive running game again

stillers4me
05-25-2015, 09:52 AM
The Steelers improved their rushing game in 2014, jumping 11 spots in the NFL rankings. After finishing 27th in the league in rushing in 2013 they finished last season ranked 16th.

The Steelers led the league in rushing for a short time in September and remained a top 10 rushing team well into December before teams began focusing on stopping it. In the final three games of the regular season the Steelers were held to 45 yards on 22 attempts by Atlanta, to 68 yards on 26 attempts against Kansas City and to 29 yards on 18 attempts by Cincinnati.

The Steelers won all three games, but good running teams pride themselves on being able to run on any team in any situation so there remains room for improvement..........

read more @ http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/05/22/Steelers-look-to-revive-running-game-again

GBMelBlount
05-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Ben has a solid line and is loaded with weapons.

If they load the box he torches them down field.

If they focus on the pass Bell tears it up on the ground.

It is nice to FINALLY have such a young, well balanced and ever improving offense and Ben at the helm.

I am very excited to see what this offense can do in 2015.

TeeTee
05-25-2015, 01:00 PM
The Steelers improved their rushing game in 2014, jumping 11 spots in the NFL rankings. After finishing 27th in the league in rushing in 2013 they finished last season ranked 16th.

The Steelers led the league in rushing for a short time in September and remained a top 10 rushing team well into December before teams began focusing on stopping it. In the final three games of the regular season the Steelers were held to 45 yards on 22 attempts by Atlanta, to 68 yards on 26 attempts against Kansas City and to 29 yards on 18 attempts by Cincinnati.

The Steelers won all three games, but good running teams pride themselves on being able to run on any team in any situation so there remains room for improvement..........

read more @ http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/05/22/Steelers-look-to-revive-running-game-again

I'm surprised that they only ranked as high as 16th, to be honest. They were the 2nd best passing O and the 2nd best O over all, which is outstanding. Whatever works. I _do_ feel it's necessary to have some semblance of a rushing threat, especially in the AFCN. We saw what happened without one in the play offs vs. Ravens.

polamalubeast
05-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Sometimes the stats are misleading....The Steelers were better than 16th last year for the running game.Bell is a big threat in the back field and the opponents must respect him.Even when Bell not product, he has a big impact on offense(like the game against the Falcons) and he is also a big threat as receiver(More than 800 yards as receiver!)

The reason why they finished only 16th, it is because the steelers were a passing team last year and the backup of Bell has done almost nothing

ALLD
05-25-2015, 03:17 PM
When the QB throws for 5,000 yards there aren't as many yards left in a game to run.

86WARD
05-25-2015, 08:59 PM
the backup of Bell has done almost nothing

Hopefully that will change either Williams...there was some talent there on the field when Blount was running the ball and frankly, I think Williams is quite the upgrade over Blount...and hopefully, he'll be with the team all season...