PDA

View Full Version : Tuitt: 'That is when it clicked'

stillers4me
05-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Stephon Tuitt has come a long way since he first stepped onto the field as a rookie last season, but the Steelers defensive end is the first to admit he still has a ways to go.

“I have made some progress, but I am in my second year and I still have a lot to learn,” said Tuitt. “I am with a group of great guys and have a coach who knows the game from the back of his head to the front of his head. I am here to work hard. I love it and I am here to do what I have to do.”

Tuitt has benefited greatly from the teaching of John Mitchell, the team’s defensive line/assistant head coach. Mitchell has worked with him, and Tuitt admits as a result of that and his practice efforts he was thinking less, reacting more and feeling more comfortable late last season..........

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tuitt-That-is-when-it-clicked-/a6d69130-a4af-4243-8851-208cfe1f1a39

st33lersguy
05-23-2015, 12:55 PM
I really think he will be great in his 2nd year. He and Heyward could be a nasty duo

hawaiiansteeler
05-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"

By Jeff.Hartman on May 23, 2015

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5LShFZsItYaY9ja3Ixpwgbk9QG0=/0x127:2158x1566/500x333/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46383974/usa-today-8290934.0.jpg

Stephon Tuitt finished the 2014 season as a starter, and while he doesn't plan on his title changing, he realizes he still has a lot to learn.

When the Pittsburgh Steelers selected Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd round of the 2014 NFL Draft, many thought the team was getting a first round talent in the second round. If 2014 is any indication, Tuitt proved his worth by claiming the starting DE position upon Brett Keisel's season-ending triceps injury and holding that spot for the final four games of the season.

Tuitt has been highly touted in hopes of his production as a sophomore in the NFL and with the Steelers, but the Notre Dame product realizes he still has a long way to go until he gets where he wants to go.

"I have made some progress, but I am in my second year and I still have a lot to learn," Tuitt told Teresa Varley of Steelers.com. "I am with a group of great guys and have a coach who knows the game from the back of his head to the front of his head. I am here to work hard. I love it and I am here to do what I have to do."

Tuitt showed a significant difference in his game as a rookie from the preseason until the season ending playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field in the Wild Card round of the AFC Playoffs. Tuitt credits his work ethic in practice with being the main difference between his play throughout his rookie year.

"I practice hard," said Tuitt. "From that time on the practice field, that's how it clicked. When you do the same plays over and over again that is when it becomes second nature. That is when it clicked for me and I can say I really started playing."

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/5/23/8648879/pittsburgh-steelers-de-stephon-tuitt-ready-for-second-year-but-still

steelreserve
05-24-2015, 02:01 PM
It's nothing short of amazing to me that Cam Thomas was the starter for 12 games, and even more amazing that we had a winning record through that point. I don't think it's any accident that with him out of the lineup, as well as our name-only DBs on the bench in favor of guys who were at least OK, we were playing our best defense of the season over those last few games. Not great defense mind you, but at least not a complete train wreck.

86WARD
05-24-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm excited about Tuitt and if we are lucky, he shows enough that the team decides to throw Thomas to the curb.

steelerdude15
05-24-2015, 10:20 PM
When it really clicks for Stephon, he's going to be a great player. We saw growth in his play by the end of last year and it should continue in his second year.

Lady Steel
05-25-2015, 12:21 AM
It's nothing short of amazing to me that Cam Thomas was the starter for 12 games, and even more amazing that we had a winning record through that point. I don't think it's any accident that with him out of the lineup, as well as our name-only DBs on the bench in favor of guys who were at least OK, we were playing our best defense of the season over those last few games. Not great defense mind you, but at least not a complete train wreck.

I think your avatar is going to give me a seizure, or maybe it's your avatar that's having the seizure. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
05-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Stephon Tuitt experiment will take shape in next three months

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

Physically gifted.

Ideal size and strength.

Versatile.

These are a few terms or phrases applied to 305-pound defensive end Stephon Tuitt during the draft process last season. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said Tuitt is a first-round talent who can shed blockers.

Seventeen tackles, one sack and 400-plus NFL snaps later, the Steelers’ second-round pick has shown glimpses, but won’t be handed those labels without more heavy lifting.

Pro Football Focus listed Tuitt, who turns 22 on Saturday, as one of 23 "average" Steelers players. The Steelers can live with "average" for a rookie. Eight Steelers players graded higher than average, according to PFF. There's no shame in "average."

Now he’s got the next three-plus months to shed the "average" label.

“Tuitt has definitely got a high ceiling,” Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward told TribLIVE.com Wednesday. “We’re just going to see how high it is.”

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/13899/three-challenges-for-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-after-signing-99-m-deal